How did you tell....

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2009, 01:18 PM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
your DH/SO that you were pregnant?

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

Last edited by ~ Christine ~; August 19th, 2009 at 08:46 AM.
July 29th, 2009, 01:23 PM
MichelleN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I took the test this morning. Went and took some pics of it (everyone on JM knew before my DH knew). Then I heard my son waking up on the monitor. I went into the bedroom (where DH was sleeping) and told him that he needed to look at something before I went in to get my son. So I basically woke him up to look that the test. He's excited. He had already told me 2 days ago that he thought I was pregnant.
July 29th, 2009, 01:24 PM
valeriesmiles's Avatar Veteran
We were trying to get pg, so we were counting down the days until I could test and get a +. He was there with me when I took the hpt. We both were doing happy dances. I went and had the b/w done without him, and when the nurse called to give the beta results to confirm the hpt, it was like hearing it for the first time. We were both so excited and overjoyed all over again!
July 29th, 2009, 01:27 PM
I had a blood test done last Thursday because I was scheduled for surgery on Monday. That test was negative, HCG was 0. So, Sunday, before my surgery, I took an HPT because I had it, and it was positive. I told DH and he said the line was too light. He didn't believe me. So we went to the surgery center Monday morning and the nurses called him over (he's a dr and works with these nurses) and said surgery's cancelled, she's pregnant! He finally believed it!

July 29th, 2009, 01:48 PM
lauriebeth's Avatar mommy to Riley Grace
My husband and I have been trying for a while. The night before (would have been last Thursday) we were in our bedroom talking about all the symptoms I seemed to be having. I asked him if he noticed any of them and he had. We discussed whether or not we thought I was pg, and he said he didn't want to get his hopes up... he wasn't going to think about it too much. Well, the next day, I couldn't wait. I took a quick trip to Publix (grocery store in SE) and picked up a HPT. I took it, and there were two lines! I was shaking like crazy. Because he didn't want to get his hopes up if it weren't true, I showed my mom first because the lines were pretty faint. After she confirmed my suspicions, I headed to his work to show him!

Thank you Meganpixel for my adorable siggy!

For crocheted hats and hair accessories visit *Daisy Cottage Designs* on Etsy!
July 29th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Super Mommy
My story is so lame, haha.

Dh had sent me out shopping for dresses while he agreed to watch the kids at the condo we were renting for a few days. While shopping I had such an urge to purchase a test. So I got one in Target. Then I had such the urge to pee on it, so I did in Target's bathroom. Gosh I have no self control.

It was immediately a faint positive and I freaked. I mean, I still needed to buy a dress and the stores closed in two hours but I was so distracted that I couldn't shop!! So I drove back to the condo and called my dh on the phone and asked him to walk downstairs and meet me at the car. He was super excited and we chatted a bit then with an hour to spare I went on my way again shopping. I was still too distracted to find a dress so I bought a baby book instead.
July 29th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Carmen - that's great!! I lol'd at POAS at Target!!

It's totally something I would do!

July 29th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Baby #6 EDD 5/25/14
My SO was confident I was pregnant before the BFP, which was kind of annoying cause he thought that should be enough for me too. WRONG! I had to plead a case for him to run to the store and get a FRER for me! (I didn't want to go cause I had been in the store purchasing some, too many times, a couple days prior! lol) When I came out of the bathroom, I went over to him, held the stick up and said "Here we go agian! Baby #4 is on the way!". He said...... wait for it......"I told you!!!". So yeah, that's all I got! lol!My prince charming is a smooth operator!!
Karen (34), mom to five (soon six) beautiful children....DS (15), DD (7), DS (6), DS (2), DD (5mos) and expecting baby #6 late May 2014!!!*Please do not mention on FB*

Pregnancy stats for baby #6, due late May 2014:
BFP (approx) 8dpo
(approx) 10dpo= HCG-31
(approx) 12dpo= HCG-123
(doubling time of 22.73 hours!!! )
8wk u/s appt scheduled for Oct. 14th

Prgnancy stats from baby #5:
13dpo= HCG-120, P4-20.5
19dpo= HCG-1427, (P4 was not taken again)
Doubling time = 40.31hrs
27dpo= HCG-19,935
Doubling = 50.47hrs (from 19dpo to 27dpo)
First doc appt & u/s scheduled for Sept 10th

pregnancy stats from baby #4:
12dpo= HCG 112
15dpo= HCG 586
Doubling time= 30.16

July 29th, 2009, 05:01 PM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The first time I saw a faint line and ran upstairs...but he didn't! He said the line must be in my head! So the next morning I went to pick up some FRERs and then woke him up to say ''HA! It wasn't in my head! You're gonna be a daddy!'' and he was still sleeping...what a rude awakening...but well worth it of course! I wish I had a better story, but that's the truth!

July 29th, 2009, 06:29 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
For some reason, I had the undeniable urge to POAS last Wednesday. It was only 9DPO and pretty early, but I HAD.TO.DO.IT!! I had 3 tests - an IC (I never have had faith in them), a CBE Digi and a Walgreens brand. So to quell the urge to pee I used my IC then got in the shower. I really didn't expect ANYTHING at all since it was so early. Well, I be danged if it was positive when I got out of the shower! It was 4 p.m. and 9DPO!! So I had that on my mind all evening and didn't say anything to DH. He works 3rd shift and leaves for work at 10 pm so I was trying to plan some way to tell him. I decided to be brave and take the digi at 9:30 that night and show him before he left for work. I was so worried it would be negative! Well, it was positive too! So I just walked it out to him and said "Hey, look at this before you leave" He freaked! He was pretty excited to go to work thinking of that.
July 29th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Super Mommy
I took a CBE digi test in the morning after DH left for work and tried all day to think of a cute way to tell him...but in the end I just handed him the stick and said read it. Which is almost the same way I told him about our DD except I woke him up to read that one.
BFP April 12th! #2 is on it's way!

July 29th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SailorsWife
I took the test in the morning and it came up positive instantly. I jumped in the shower and tried to think of a cute thing to do to tell him later in the day but I was shaking so hard I knew I wouldn't be able to hold out. So I went in and woke him up and was like *shaking his shoulder* "Michael wake up." No movement. *again shaking his shoulder harder* "MICHAEL wake up." I got a groan as a response. So I said, "hey what do you think about going to Ohio about mid-April?" (He's from Ohio originally but we live in San Diego) He said Why? and I said "So your parents can meet their grandbaby." He woke up pretty dang fast after that =)
August 19th, 2009, 08:46 AM
bumping for our new members

August 19th, 2009, 08:20 PM
ca_dawson's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had tested on Saturday but got a BFN. Normally this would upset me, but for some reason it didn't even phase me this time. So Monday morning rolls around and AF is still MIA (due Sunday) so I decided to pee in a cup and check for spotting, then maybe if no spotting I'd use a test. Well there wasn't any spotting so I figured I got the pee, might as well use it! So I dipped it and set it on the counter and went and let the dog out. I sort of forgot about it and was walking through the bathroom to the closet and glanced down and stopped dead in my tracks! There was a faint 2nd line! So I rip open a digi and dip it too, which confirms Pregnant! DH was already at work, but was supposed to get off early that day. Well there were some issues at work (he's a manager so he deals with all the issues) so he was like maybe I'll be able to get off at 3pm. I was like I need you home! So anyways more stuff happens and he ends up being super late. I was crawling out of my skin so I went and got him an "I love Daddy" onesie and Daddy and Me picture frame. So I wrapped those and put the pg tests on the onesie. So when he FINALLY gets home at around 7pm he was like "I'm starving let's go out to dinner" I was like okay but I have a present for you first. So he rips the box open, literally rips it open! And he just kept saying "Is this for real?" I was like YES! And then he was like "Gross you peed on those!" He was so excited! Then he felt so bad for not coming home sooner!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search