Should I take pregnancy test again??

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2009, 05:43 PM
mdredmon1's Avatar Veteran
Hello Ladies....
I just found out today that I am expecting. I am not going to be for sure until I have my blood work which is tomorrow. I am scared to be apart of this DDC b/c of something happening with the levels tomorrow. I took my first test at 7-8DPO and it was a VERY faint line. Took it again the next day and it was a little bit brighter. Took it again today, 9-10DPO and it was definitely brighter. The tests are getting brighter everyday. My question for you ladies is should I take a pregnancy test again in the morning? How many times did you test after your 1st positive until you quit?
Thanks!

July 29th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Super Mommy
LOL you quit when you aren't having fun peeing on sticks anymore.

I first got my bfp 5 days ago. Then I kept taking tests the days after until I ran out yesterday.

With my first I took tests just for the heck of it for a good 2 weeks. It was fun seeing them get darker. But it also drove me to worry myself to death if I saw a slightly lighter one (probably due to more diluted urine or something).

I may go buy another test or two tomorrow. This pregnancy just seems so unreal. Reality definitely hasn't set in. I like seeing dark lines on tests. It reassures me and it helps me realize that this pregnancy is going to happen. Maybe just a digital. A "pregnant" may help all this sink in.
July 29th, 2009, 05:54 PM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I took tests every morning since my first faint positive at 9DPO to make sure they were getting darker. I also went in for blood work yesterday (13 DPO) and my levels were fine. I'm sure you're fine, but if testing for a few days makes you feel better, go ahead! It's totally your call! But remember, a false positive is extremely rare, so if you've been getting positives for a few days, you're definitly pregnant! Congrats!!! But if you're like I was, you still want to hear it from the mouth of a professional! Good luck on your blood work and keep us posted!

July 29th, 2009, 05:57 PM
mdredmon1's Avatar Veteran
I am worried about the numbers tomorrow b/c I will only be 11-12DPO so I am thinking they will be low.

July 29th, 2009, 06:25 PM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also was preparing myself for a low number, but it was 148! I'm sure it will be higher than you think...but here's a link that might put your mind at ease. You'll see that there is a wide range of acceptable numbers. I hope this helps.

hCG Levels : American Pregnancy Association

July 29th, 2009, 06:49 PM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Don't be too worried if they're low tomorrow. It doesn't really matter what the numbers are, as long as they grow as expected. If testing makes you feel more comfortable every day, then get some internet cheapies and test every day! Whatever gives you some comfort!

Congrats and welcome to the DDC!

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

July 29th, 2009, 09:58 PM
lauriebeth's Avatar mommy to Riley Grace
I tested 3 times on Friday, July 24th.
Once on Monday, July 27th
and once today.

They've been progressively darker, so I think I'm done! I know what you mean, though. It doesn't fee REAL! It is, though!

Thank you Meganpixel for my adorable siggy!

For crocheted hats and hair accessories visit *Daisy Cottage Designs* on Etsy!
July 29th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Baby #6 EDD 5/25/14
Don't worry about your levels at this stage. I've heard women who were pregnant with twins say that they're levels started out lower than some of the women they knew with singleton pregnancies. It's early...you're levels will rise. Test away sweetie, if it makes you feel better. We all deal with the things that worry us, in our own ways. Nothing's wrong with your way!!
Karen (34), mom to five (soon six) beautiful children....DS (15), DD (7), DS (6), DS (2), DD (5mos) and expecting baby #6 late May 2014!!!*Please do not mention on FB*

Pregnancy stats for baby #6, due late May 2014:
BFP (approx) 8dpo
(approx) 10dpo= HCG-31
(approx) 12dpo= HCG-123
(doubling time of 22.73 hours!!! )
8wk u/s appt scheduled for Oct. 14th

Prgnancy stats from baby #5:
13dpo= HCG-120, P4-20.5
19dpo= HCG-1427, (P4 was not taken again)
Doubling time = 40.31hrs
27dpo= HCG-19,935
Doubling = 50.47hrs (from 19dpo to 27dpo)
First doc appt & u/s scheduled for Sept 10th

pregnancy stats from baby #4:
12dpo= HCG 112
15dpo= HCG 586
Doubling time= 30.16

July 30th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
I am testing everyday b/c my doctors won't due blood-work on me w/o me having a nervous breakdown and practically threatening them.

But I also made the mistake of buying each pregnancy test out there (seriously, I have eight at home, all from generic to digital). I should have bought the SAME brand, b/c I can't really compare the lines...some are blue + and -, some are digital, some are two pink lines, some are two blue lines...

I'd like to buy more and keep testing until I give birth to this baby...but I think that would cause me to end up in the looney bin.
July 30th, 2009, 07:55 AM
MichelleN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
After I got my faint BFP on Tuesday I went out and bought some more. I bought a 3 pack of FRER and a 2 pack of clear blue digital. I already had 1 FRER in the house (used that one yesterday). So I opened the new pack of FRER today. Yep, got a nice pink line. I'm waiting until Saturday or Sunday to use the digital because those aren't as sensitive.
July 30th, 2009, 08:26 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Oh I don't know about the digi's - I got a pregnant at only 9 DPO! I know they usually are less sensitive though so that was a big surprise!
July 30th, 2009, 09:29 AM
The pregnancy was a surprise, so I took quite a few to make sure that it was happening. Three the first day before I went squealing to the hubby, and then many the following days. Mothers all over can proudly boast we learn how to pee on a stick very well. LOL So keep up the reassurance of the pink lines as long as you please and celebrate
July 30th, 2009, 09:30 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How are you doing today? Did you test again?

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search