Mylene's Journal

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 30th, 2009, 10:07 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I'll say right up front, I'm probably not going to keep this up! But it's the idea that I will right!? Also, please feel free to comment! I don't mind at all!

-------------------------
First, I can barely believe that I'm FINALLY pregnant again! After our loss in March I got really, really down about TTC. We definitely took April off but didn't prevent either. I resumed charting in May and had a very strange cycle. It took me about 5 days to ovulate. That really got me down and thinking there was really something wrong with how my body was working. I had my annual exam in March and we'd already been trying since November. My OBGYN told me if we weren't successfully pregnant in 6-9 months, to come in and we'd talk. I'm only 28 so the thought of having secondary fertility issues was a bit daunting. Then after the loss I was just a wreck. Anyway... On to the June cycle... Things looked promising in June - my temps jumped way way up and never really came down, but AF came anyway. DH said he wasn't messing around anymore and he would do what ever it took to get pregnant the next time. However, I knew that coming right out and telling him I was going to ovulate on X Day would just stress him out and he wouldn't be able to ... um... perform... So I was really trying not to pressure him. One night about 3 days before I figured I'd O he saw my chart and started asking questions. He finally knew what I'd been going through with that and I think finally understood what it was going to take. I was totally guessing on my O date based on the few normal cycles I'd temped and charted but I got it right! He held up his end of the bargain and here we are!

Here's my BFPs!

August 3rd, 2009, 02:54 PM
Something about being over the 5w hump makes me feel so much more reassured that all is well with this pregnancy. My symptoms seem to be lessening, which I'm mostly okay with I guess! Next week I'm sure will be different! Though I did pee 3 times in 45 min. yesterday - not okay! My family knows as well as my boss and a few friends. Everyone is so excited for us! I can't wait for my first appointment next Tuesday!!
August 10th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! Looking forward to reading your journal
August 14th, 2009, 06:09 AM
Well today I'm either 7w (according to OB who said I was 6w4d on Tuesday) or 6w5d (according to ovulation) we'll find out for real on Monday. Our first appointment was on Tuesday and it went wonderfully. We took Kaija and that was a disaster! She was tired and not interested in staying in her stroller and not touching things. I got my first ultrasound and we saw everything we should have seen at that point, except a good enough view of the fetal pole to measure a due date! So we get a repeat on Monday. Dean and I were actually both silently worried he wouldn't see anything at all, and it did take him a few seconds to find the gestational sac. But when he did we were so relieved. Everyday that goes by makes me more and more excited and comfortable that all is well with this pregnancy. My maternity clothes are clean and waiting. I bought a bella band so I can wear more than 1 pair of pants to work! I'm okay for the world to know, so now I need to start letting people at work know. As if they won't figure it out soon enough on their own I bet!!
August 17th, 2009, 01:27 PM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
Hope your u/s today went/goes well!
Caroline - November '12

August 17th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Our u/s was great today! Still measuring just right, actually a few days behind where I thought. He gave me an EDD of 4/7. Honestly, I'm not thinking there is much of a difference between 4/4 and 4/7 though so I'm going to leave my ticker and everything the same. It's amazing what a difference a week makes in fetal development! There was so much more to see!
August 31st, 2009, 08:15 AM
9w1d
Morning sickness is officially kicking my ***. It started on Friday really. Fri-Sun I was nauseated all morning and got sick around noon. I suppose I'm still not sure if it's because I let myself get too hungry or not. But 2 of the 3 times I had just eaten, so who really knows. I do know that I'm not a fan! Unless it means boy... I didn't ever feel this rotten when I was pregnant with Kaija. Dean has noticed that this pregnancy is different too and has been pretty sympathetic. He's been letting me sleep in a little more which has helped more than anything. Feeling this rotten almost makes me feel better about not working right now. I'm not sure how I would manage this at work. I need a job again soon though. I'm no good at the SAHM game!
September 13th, 2009, 09:34 AM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How is your morning sickness now? Good luck with the job search!

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
September 29th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Wow! It's been a while! I knew I wouldn't be that great at keeping this up.

I'm not 13w2d. Hello Second Trimester! My morning sickness is gone. Whether it was true morning sickness or my body violently rejecting my vitamins I don't know. Could go either way. But it stopped when I stopped my vitamins. I'm starting them again now though. I've popped some as well! Yay! It's nice to start looking and feeling pregnant. My main complaint at this point is headaches. I get them everyday. Starbucks seems to help keep them at bay I get half-caf though! My last Dr. appointment was at 11 weeks and everything was great. I heard the heartbeat with the doppler. It took a minute to find it, but it was there, strong and beautiful. I go back in 2 weeks and hope to hear it again. Between now and then we'll be on vacation. I still have no job and I'm starting to be okay with that. I'm still going to look but maybe just for part time and maybe even just for the holidays. We'll see.

For now, I'm enjoying being pregnant. It's going too fast this time and I need to start savoring it. I'm sure I've been feeling baby move every now and then. Nothing big, just a few flutters. But I need to take it as a sign to slow down and enjoy my daughter as an only child for the next 6 months. I need to enjoy the finer parts of pregnancy. The kitchen floor will get swept. The dishes will get done. But babies grow fast and you don't get that back.
October 12th, 2009, 07:36 PM
15w1d
I had a check-up today, it went great! Hear the heartbeat with the doppler and all the rest was perfect. It was a quick in and out. These appointments are always a little disappointing for some reason. I always expect more... But there's not more. There's a heartbeat to listen for and problems to discuss. When you find that little beat and don't have problems, it's quick! My biggest complaint right now is still headaches. If I can't tolerate them then he'll give me something stronger than just tylenol. I think I'll be okay, but sometimes they really knock me out. I've been having some back pain as well. Guess I REALLY AND TRULY need to call the chiroprator now. FOR REAL! I almost fell down in Wal-mart because of pain through my hip and knee. On the better side of life, I'm definitely feeling baby move! Actually as I sit here right now writing this I feel baby. Just light little flutters, but it's there. And my u/s is scheduled for Nov. 10th. We won't be finding out the gender but it will be awesome to see anyway!
October 12th, 2009, 09:36 PM
How exciting to feel the bub. I can't wait for that. I'm with you in the hip/knee pain as well as the headaches. Do you have sciatica problems too? I just keep a rice bag to heat in the microwave. My doc says it's a fine method since it doesn't stay hot.

I hope you start feeling better! I can't believe the anatomy scans are coming SO soon!
Caroline - November '12

October 12th, 2009, 09:46 PM
It seems to be sciatica pain. It comes on suddenly and I basically want to fall to the floor. The pain radiates down into my knee. It's horrible! I had other lower back problems before DD was born. My pelvis was tilted and rotated - my hip bones that is! Luckily pregnancy straightened the bones out and allowed the muscles to realign themselves and get stronger in the right places. That pain went away, but seems to have been replaced by sciatica issues. I have an extra bag of rice. I should go get some canvas or heavy cotton and make a rice bag... I have a heating pad but I'm always afraid I'll fall asleep with it on!
October 12th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Sounds like we're dealing with the same crappy-ness this time around. I've had sciatica on and off for the last 9 years. My last lumbar vertebra (where the sciatic nerve goes through) isn't properly formed so it pinches the nerve even when I haven't done too much to anger it.

I was at Walmart tonight and had to stop pushing the cart because it was getting so bad. I also have the daily headaches that occasionally (often) escalate to migraines. I'll take a day with all the pain if it means you get one without any! (Don't you wish that would work?)

As for the rice bag, seriously do it! Flannel, fleece, an old towel, an old pillowcase...all are great for them. I made one especially long and skinny so it could kind of wrap around my hip. If you're planning on making one, it's a nice way plus it then goes on your neck pretty easily too for tension headaches, etc.
Caroline - November '12

October 13th, 2009, 06:44 AM
Thanks so much for suggesting the rice bag! We had a corn bag for a while but I think it got lost when we moved last year... But I know I accidentally bought 2 bags of rice at some point. We don't eat enough of it to need that much!! I've got to fix DD's baby doll today (DH accidentally removed an eye and every morning we wake up to "OH NO!! EYE!!") so I'll be in a crafty mood. Guess another quick trip to Hobby Lobby is in order! I think I'm going to do a long skinny one too. I like that idea!
November 15th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Happy 20 Weeks Baby!

I can't believe we're already at the half-way point. Time has truly flown by since July. Now with the Holidays rapidly approaching I get the feeling April will be here before we know it. Being due at the beginning of the month instead of the middle/end like with Kaija is definitely different. Basically we've got 4.5 months left to get ready! I'm going to start going through clothes and things in the next few weeks as we clean up our basement. I don't have a place for anything yet since we still need to move Kaija into her new room, but at least I'll know where it is. We won't for sure get things out and ready until after Kaija's birthday in January.

We had our anatomy scan this week and everything looked absolutely perfect. Baby was measuring 19 weeks on Tuesday, so a day or 2 behind, but not outside the realm of normal so all is staying the same. We didn't find out gender but it was awesome all the same to see our baby. The only disappointment we had was finding out our Dr. is leaving our hospital. He's staying in town, but will be an employee of the other hospital that our insurance does not cover. I guess that explains why the receptionist said he wasn't taking new patients when I called to make my first appointment. I'm glad we got this far with him though. I will miss his office and staff. Our next appointment is Dec. 8th with the nurse practitioner at the new office. The office is still located in the Professional Building attached to the hospital which is awesome. And they are employees of the hospital so they get a little more privilege than our other Dr. We'll see. This office is basically the only other option for our insurance. We've never heard anything bad about them and the entire staff is women which will be nice as well. It's just a strange time to be getting a new Dr.!

20 weeks or less until we meet our baby... Are you A.J. or Kolbie? Time will tell!!
December 10th, 2009, 08:25 AM
23 weeks 4 days

Baby has been growing so much and getting so strong! I love laying in bed and falling asleep to the gentle rolls Not much has been happening in the past month or so. Just getting closer to April! People notice that I'm pregnant and I'm starting to feel it as well. My back still hurts and I'm waddling
I started seeing a new Dr.'s office this week. My old Dr. changed hospitals and our insurance doesn't cover the new one he's going to. I met with their nurse practitioner since they treated as a new OB appointment that most people get at 6 weeks. They actually almost forgot to do all the usual 24 week stuff since it's so out of rhythm for them! Baby's heartrate was 161 and he/she was moving all over the place the entire time. My blood pressure was a little off but has never been a problem before. We'll see what it is next time.

The third trimester will probably be here the next time I update this!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search