Lisa's journal

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2009, 03:58 AM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi everyone! Feel free to comment!

__________________________________________________ _______________

After one long and frustrating year of TTC, we've finally conceived!
I suspected I had a faint positive on 9DPO so I tested again on 10 DPO: still a very faint line, so I went out to buy some FRERs. Came back home and tested and the line was faint but unmistakable! WE ARE FINALLY PREGNANT!!! I couldn't believe it so I had to go wake DH up to tell him the good news!

Here's that very first FRER. My first official BFP!!!

Then I kept my last FRER to test at 14 DPO (when AF was due) to see the difference. Yup! Baby's definitly growing and my beta levels are on the rise! (sorry so blurry, my camera is the pits! Need a new one for all the exciting stuff that will be on the way!)

Based on my ovulation date (July 15th) my EDD is April 7th which is right around my birthday (the 12th) and Marc's birthday (the 17th). What a great birthday gift to the both of us!

__________________________________________________ ____________

My first blood tests were on July 28th, at 13 DPO. My levels were 148. YAY!!!

So that evening me, DH, my sister and BIL all went over to tell my Mom. I was going to try to wait until her birthday in mid August, but I decided I couldn't wait! So I gave her an ''early''birthday present instead! Needless to say, she was exctatic, especially since this will be her very first grandchild! My sister and BIL can't wait to be an auntie and uncle either!

When it comes to symptoms, I'm not having many yet. I have a bit of cramping off and on since about 7DPO and I had spotting from 2 DPO to 11 DPO, then it just went away and has not come back since. I presume that was implantation spotting, but it did start quite early (???) not sure why. It doesn't matter now though!

My appetite has increased a bit but I am trying to make sure I eat small meals and snacking often instead of going hungry or overindulging. I am also running to the bathroom a lot, but I'm also making sure to drink more fluids so I guess it's unavoidable, even this early in the game. Other than that, I'm feeling great!

Last edited by LisaBrown; July 31st, 2009 at 04:10 AM.
August 3rd, 2009, 05:53 AM
We're back from Denis's (Marc's best friend and best man at our wedding) 30th birthday party at my in-laws cottage. Finally got to tell all of our best group of friends about the pregnancy! They are all very happy for us!!!

Since it was a long night, I was a bit tired yesterday when we got home so I napped in the pm and then went to bed at 10. As for my symptoms so far, not having many yet. Mild cramps and pulling feelings in my abdomen at times and my BMs are getting a bit more difficult also. I felt very bloated also this weekend, but we weren't eating the best food either (chips and burgers and marshmellows at the cottage) so I hope that is the culprit. Feeling a bit better now. So far, so good! Not much to complain about!

Yesterday, I had a moment when it seemed to sink in that MY BABY, THE BEING WHO WILL PROBABLY MEAN THE MOST TO ME EVER ON THE FACE OF THIS EARTH IS GROWING INSIDE ME ALREADY!!! WOAH! We just can't wait for all the milestones to begin!!! I'm still overjoyed at the thought that we are finally starting our very own little family!
__________________________________________________ _____________

Last edited by LisaBrown; August 3rd, 2009 at 05:55 AM.
August 3rd, 2009, 09:15 AM
Baby #6 EDD 5/25/14
SO happy for you and DH!!! Glad you were able to announce your news to all of your closest friends, all at once! We really are pregnant, aren't we?!?!
Karen (34), mom to five (soon six) beautiful children....DS (15), DD (7), DS (6), DS (2), DD (5mos) and expecting baby #6 late May 2014!!!*Please do not mention on FB*

Pregnancy stats for baby #6, due late May 2014:
BFP (approx) 8dpo
(approx) 10dpo= HCG-31
(approx) 12dpo= HCG-123
(doubling time of 22.73 hours!!! )
8wk u/s appt scheduled for Oct. 14th

Prgnancy stats from baby #5:
13dpo= HCG-120, P4-20.5
19dpo= HCG-1427, (P4 was not taken again)
Doubling time = 40.31hrs
27dpo= HCG-19,935
Doubling = 50.47hrs (from 19dpo to 27dpo)
First doc appt & u/s scheduled for Sept 10th

pregnancy stats from baby #4:
12dpo= HCG 112
15dpo= HCG 586
Doubling time= 30.16

August 8th, 2009, 08:10 AM
So now the fun really begins...yesterday (5w2d) was the first time I've felt nauseous. I was eating dinner when it started and it followed me off and on all night, even when I went over to my girlfriend Janie's with a few of my gal pals. This morning it was back, but it only lasted until after I ate breakfast. For a minute, I thought I was going to be sick in line waiting for the girl to make my bagel at the coffee shop! But thankfully, I'm feeling much better now! At least I guess that means the baby is still growing!

My boobs are also getting bigger and much more tender. I've had a pretty crazy mood swing episode with Mom the other day, we both had to appologize (her for upsetting me, and I for overreacting in my hormonal state!) but luckily, she remembers how crazy pregnancy can be and we've just put that whole thing in the past....fieeewww! Might I add that I'm also having a lot more gas, my skin is starting to break out and I'm always running to the bathroom. So I guess I can say with reassurance that this crazy, wonderful, and incredible journey has really begun! Oh well, at least I know it will all be well worth it in the end!

__________________________________________________ ___________

Last edited by LisaBrown; August 8th, 2009 at 08:15 AM.
August 10th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Awwww how sweet! **tears** You're gonna be a mommy, you're gonna be a mommy
August 20th, 2009, 09:06 AM
On tuesday I went in to the doctor's for nausea medication. I was prescribed Diclectin, and it works wonders! I feel like myself again! After 2 weeks of nausea, I am soooo happy I have control over it now...it was horrible!

I also went in for bloodwork to check my beta levels at 7 weeks even...and they were fabulous! 117,164!!! Looking forward to scheduling my first prenatal appt. now! I can't wait!

September 29th, 2009, 10:23 AM
I'm back! I had decided to take a JM break in late summer to get ready to go back to school and to give myself time to settle in at work. So now that everything is well under way, I've decided to come back to update my journal! YAY!

So tomorrow will be the start of week 13 and the approaching end of the 1st trimester...how exciting! We've had one appt. with our OB so far and we really liked her! After checking me and baby out, she took out her Doppler and advised us not to be worried if we couldn't hear the heartbeat yet at 10 weeks as the uterus only comes out from behind the pelvic bone around 12 weeks. But in a few seconds....there it was! The wonderful sound of our little one's heart just pounding away! She said the heartbeat sounded very healthy and strong, so we were very happy to hear that! Plus, Marc was even able to record about 30 seconds of it on his MP3 player that he just happened to have in his pocket, so now we will forever have that wonderful sound of the first time we heard our first baby's little heart beating!

I can't beleive the 1st trimester is almost over! It's been fairly easy until now...knock on wood! I've gained about 5lbs total so far and my energy levels are picking up again this past week. I have slight sciatic nerve discomfort at times, but it is still manageable so far without medication by using light stretching and warm baths to help relieve some of the discomfort. The only scare so far was my whole ordeal with my urine samples coming back showing a bladder infection and my pharmacy losing my prescription which resulted in me ending up in the ER on a friday night from 8pm to 2:30am just to get a new prescription filled...and then the pharmacy called the next day to say they found my prescription! Needless to say I was upset and very annoyed by the situation, but at least all is well now and both baby and I are doing well.

October 26th, 2009, 10:14 AM
So today makes 16w5d! WOW how time flies! Mommy and baby are doing great. MS is officially gone, yay!!! The most exciting thing to happen lately is the great feeling of baby moving down there! It's so exciting to think that he or she is flipping around and stretching, I just can't wait to watch our little one on the screen at our first ultrasound, which should be around 19 weeks or so. Since the last time I wrote in my journal, I've gained a total of 7 lbs. I heard the special sound of that beautiful little heartbeat a second time at my last appt, but unfortunately daddy couldn't be there to share the experience that time. Looking forward to my next doctor's visit on the 2nd of Nov.

October 30th, 2009, 05:17 PM
LIZZYI's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hearing the heartbeat is awesome! I can't wait for your 1st ultrasound, it is such an amazing experience to see the baby for the 1st time!

November 13th, 2009, 12:16 PM
So today makes 19w2d and everything is still going very well! Actually, I'm a bit surprised at exactly how well things are going now, but hey, I'm not complaining! My mood is good, I've gained about 9 lbs to date and the baby is moving more and more down there, which is very exciting! My energy levels seem to be good also, I even mustered up enough energy to take baby to see daddy's band play live last night (thank gos they played super early! ), so the baby's first official rock show attendance was to listen to daddy play, hehe!

For our ultrasound, I guess we will still have to wait a while because it is only scheduled for the 2nd of december. By then I will be 22 weeks exactly so we should get a good look at him or her....but we still want to keep the gender a surprise!

December 19th, 2009, 01:09 PM
It's been a while since I last wrote so here goes...

First, let's talk about the ultrasound! I can't believe I forgot to come update sooner! You were great! You kept rolling around and moving a lot, so we got some great picks. I can't wait to see you, you looked so perfect already! We went and made pictures for grandma and everyone that same afternoon, you were so cute! The doctor said all your measurements seemed great too and you were weighing 1lb 1oz and were right on the 50th percentile, which she said was just perfect!

Today we went to Mom's and picked up the glider for your room. Things are starting to fall into place and we will be putting the room together over Christmas break. We're off with daddy for ten days!!! Yay!!! School finished yesterday, so we'll have some time to spend thinking of you. Your crib set and baby room accesories have been ordered too, I can't wait to get them!

So far, it's 24w and 3d and I'm showing quite a bit more now. I've gained about 15 lbs so far and I'll be going in to see the doctor and check in on you on the 23rd, at 25 weeks. I can't wait!

Other than that, I'm still feeling pretty good, but could you please stop poking me in the right side of the ribs please? That's enough already! Generally, sleeping is starting to be a great thing, but harder and harder to do...I know it will only get worst though, so I try not to complain too much. I'm glad that the pregnancy seems to be going well so far. Let's hope that keeps up!

Last edited by LisaBrown; December 19th, 2009 at 01:15 PM.
February 10th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Today is my 32 week milestone already! I've gained a total of 24 lbs so far. Only another 8 weeks to go, which is a good thing since I was put off work and on modified bedrest by the doctor yesterday because of BP and GD.

So because of high BP and GD, I have to go in once a week for what they call a biophysical profiling ultrasound to check my amniotic fluid, baby's growth, heartrate and specific types of movements they want to see and mesure (stretching from the spine, etc.). So because high BP can slow growth and produce less amniotic fluid, while GD tends to do the opposite, I'm lucky in a way because it ends up that I'm still right on track and one seems to even out the other. My blood glucose is good, I started taking an extra shot of insulin at breakfast this morning and my glucose so far today is perfect, so that is more good news. The US went perfectly and the tech said nothing to worry about so far, everything looks great. They saw everything they needed to see this morning and your HR was normal. I also got a great look at your brain, heart, arms, legs, spine, kidneys and face, which is always fun! It had been 10 weeks since we had seen you so it was nice to be reminded how beautiful you are and how I need to stay strong and positive for this beautiful little person who is growing iside of me: THAT'S YOU!! My BP was good too, already down from yesterday when I saw the OB, so hopefully now it will stay that way. You weigh approximatly 4 lbs and 3 oz. which she said was right on track. I'm soooooo happy and relieved to get such good news and it was just what I needed to remind me how important it is for me to keep following doctor's orders and relax. I'm feeling much better and ready to do whatever it takes to make sure you stay healthy and cooking in there for another 8 weeks!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search