Where did you meet....

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2009, 07:59 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH/SO? How long have y'all been together?

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

July 31st, 2009, 08:02 AM
Super Mommy
I met my dh at our church, October last year. We've been married 4 months now.

Last edited by Carmoma; July 31st, 2009 at 09:34 AM.
July 31st, 2009, 08:04 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
We met at a job we had summer 2001. He was the quiet kid that was sweet and nice. I hooked up with his roommate Anyway, we started talking more after summer was over and we were both back at school. Somehow I figured out he'd liked me all along and I realized I had a little crush on him too. We started dating that December and our 4th wedding anniversary is on the 12th!
July 31st, 2009, 08:13 AM
lauriebeth's Avatar mommy to Riley Grace
MY DH & I met at my church in January of 2001 (we were both 15). We became best friends very quickly and it grew from there. We started "dating" when we were 17 or 18, got engaged at 19, and married at 21. We got married Dec 16th of 2006.

Thank you Meganpixel for my adorable siggy!

For crocheted hats and hair accessories visit *Daisy Cottage Designs* on Etsy!
July 31st, 2009, 08:18 AM
DH and I met in high school. We never "dated" in high school, but we went to his senior prom together. After college, some friend from high school were getting together and I went. Matthew was there and we've been together ever since. That was 8+ years ago. We've been married for 5.5.

July 31st, 2009, 08:42 AM
Halloween81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH and I met at worked. We both worked at a grocery store. That was 10 years ago and we were married almost 6 years ago; our 6th wedding anniversary will be on Aug 30.
Chemical pregnancy - January 9, 2010
Miscarriage at 10 weeks - April 21, 2010
Miscarriage at 7 weeks - October 22, 2010
Miscarriage at 10 weeks - May 14, 2011
Miscarriage at 17 weeks - December 7, 2011 (My sweet little Joshua had Achondrogenesis type 2)
Miscarriage at 5 weeks - June 5, 2013

All test results normal. Reason for RPL unknown.

Annabel born healthy at 35 weeks - May 22, 2014
July 31st, 2009, 09:21 AM
Super Mommy
DH & I met online through a personal ad I had on yahoo. But he's a computer geek and says he's a child of technology so we joke that he had to meet me online somehow. We've been together since Feb of 2001 and married since Sept of 2004.
BFP April 12th! #2 is on it's way!

July 31st, 2009, 10:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DH and I met through my sorority and his fraternity. We started dating in January 2006 and were married July 2007.

July 31st, 2009, 11:09 AM
RockinAsh's Avatar Super Mommy
DH and I met on the school bus, in 5th grade.
Fast forward to high school and DH was in this super-cool rock band
I was a starry-eyed sophomore....he was the lead singer....
That was August 25, 1999. We have been together ever since! (except for a break up for about a year while he had to go off and try to "become a real rockstar")
We got married June 20, 2008.
July 31st, 2009, 11:28 AM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
I love all the high-school sweet-hearts!!!

DH and I met in HS too--I was 15, he was 17...we have been together for nine years. Got married this past September. Never dated anyone else ever. So many people ask if we ever wish we would have dated someone else, experience other people physically and emotionally...not once...we were lucky...like you ladies and your SO/DH!
July 31st, 2009, 11:28 AM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
I love all the high-school sweet-hearts!!!

DH and I met in HS too--I was 15, he was 17...we have been together for nine years. Got married this past September. Never dated anyone else ever. So many people ask if we ever wish we would have dated someone else, experience other people physically and emotionally...not once...we were lucky...like you ladies and your SO/DH!

Sorry---this website is really slow right now---can someone tell me how I can delete my post b/c it came up twice?
July 31st, 2009, 12:31 PM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We met through friends when I was 16 and DH was 20. We went to a party and got to talking and have been together ever since! We've even made it through him moving 2000 miles away for 8 months and then coming back becasue we couldn't stand being away from each other! Anyways, we've been together for over 10 years, but only married for 1 (had to get through 5 years of University before the ring...didn't want to be planning a wedding through school!)

August 2nd, 2009, 05:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We met the first week of college. At orientation, they had told us we should introduce ourselves to EVERYONE because the people you meet your first year could be your friends for life. Well, we lived in the same dorm and so I ran into him and said hi and introduced myself. We became fast friends and started dating at the end of that year. We got engaged at the beginning of our last semester of school and got married in April of 2006
August 2nd, 2009, 04:31 PM
Meganpixel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dh and I met at work about 4 years ago. But, we did not start dating until we starting meeting at after work happy hours 2 1/2 years at a local bar. I thought he was sooo cute but I was sooo busy with being a single mom. Well he has been the best thing that has happened to us. We married just about 2 months ago and we did not want to wait to continue our family. I am surprised on how soon this all happened.
August 3rd, 2009, 06:22 AM
I love all these stories!

August 3rd, 2009, 06:39 AM
frankie's Avatar Proud Mommy
I love hearing how couples meet

I met my DH in a super market soda isle to be exact he was shy I was not we exchanged numbers we then went to a mets game (he use to be a catcher for the tigers) after the game in the car he said i waited 32 years to find you I thought he was a little nuts when he said that little did i know.. we moved in together 2 weeks later married within 5 months after meeting never been apart since we met we even work together drive to work together leave(we own a business)

trying for~~~Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer~~~~ Marcia Wieder
August 3rd, 2009, 06:57 AM
ldovey83's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is so cool to hear all the stories..

I met DH when I was senior in highschool, a friend of mine invited me to her churches youth night and they were painting so I went, and the moment I laid eyes on him I couldn't stop... WE painted eachother..LOL He kept me hanging on for 3 days before he finally called me but then we became bestfriends and started dating.. We wound up splitting so he could get his head on straight for graduating, and a few months went by almost a yr and he came to my house one night.. We went out to dinner and caught up started hanging out again, and eventaully I confessed that I still loved him and never stopped and that I believe God brought us back together.. We've been together since.. Got married in April of o4.. So having a April baby is awesome!!
August 3rd, 2009, 02:37 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie View Post
I love hearing how couples meet

I met my DH in a super market soda isle to be exact he was shy I was not we exchanged numbers we then went to a mets game (he use to be a catcher for the tigers) after the game in the car he said i waited 32 years to find you I thought he was a little nuts when he said that little did i know.. we moved in together 2 weeks later married within 5 months after meeting never been apart since we met we even work together drive to work together leave(we own a business)

For SERIOUS!?!?!?!? The Tigers are my most favorite team EVER!! Ever since I was little I've been a Tigers fan
August 3rd, 2009, 05:07 PM
Wifey2Jordan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH and I have known each other since we were babies in the church nursery together. Our families went on camping trips together growing up too. We were bf/gf in 7th grade for a while, but dated other people in high school. We started dating again right after high school graduation, in 2001, and have been together ever since. We were married in 05.
August 3rd, 2009, 05:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have known of each other since school. He was a senior and I was a freshman. It wasn't until my senior year in October of 2000 that we "officially" met at a party. We've been together for about 7 1/2 years out of the almost 9 since we started dating. We were married in May of '06

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search