Christine...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2009, 08:03 PM
Baby #6 EDD 5/25/14
You mentioned your mom's side being Greek, and I was wondering something. Can you think of some boy names that start with a K, besides Kosta, or anything that translates to Kosta?

Anyone else is free to chime in, if you have any suggestions, please.
Karen (34), mom to five (soon six) beautiful children....DS (15), DD (7), DS (6), DS (2), DD (5mos) and expecting baby #6 late May 2014!!!*Please do not mention on FB*

Pregnancy stats for baby #6, due late May 2014:
BFP (approx) 8dpo
(approx) 10dpo= HCG-31
(approx) 12dpo= HCG-123
(doubling time of 22.73 hours!!! )
8wk u/s appt scheduled for Oct. 14th

Prgnancy stats from baby #5:
13dpo= HCG-120, P4-20.5
19dpo= HCG-1427, (P4 was not taken again)
Doubling time = 40.31hrs
27dpo= HCG-19,935
Doubling = 50.47hrs (from 19dpo to 27dpo)
First doc appt & u/s scheduled for Sept 10th

pregnancy stats from baby #4:
12dpo= HCG 112
15dpo= HCG 586
Doubling time= 30.16

August 1st, 2009, 08:47 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The only one that's coming to mind is Khristos, but let me think on it.

I found this list on the net:
  • KADMOS (Κάδμος): Greek name meaning "the east." In mythology, this is the name of the son of the king of Phoenicia and brother of Europe. He was said to have founded the city of Thebes and introduced the alphabet to the Phoenicians.
  • KAN (Κάϊν): Greek form of Hebrew Qayin ("acquired, possessed"), meaning "maker; fabricator," or literally "smith." In the bible, this is the name of Adam and Eve's first son who killed his brother Abel.
  • KANAM (Καϊνάμ): Greek form of Hebrew Qeynan ("possession"), meaning "their smith." In the New Testament bible, this is the name of an ancestor of Christ.
  • KAIAPHAS (Καϊάφας): Greek form of Aramaic Qayyafa ("depression"), meaning "as comely." In the New Testament bible, this is the name of a high priest of the Jews.
  • KAISAR (Καίσαρ): Greek form of Latin Csar, meaning "severed." In the bible, this is the surname of Julius Caesar, which adopted by Octavius Augustus and his successors afterwards became a title, and was appointed by the Roman emperors as part of their title.
  • KALLIAS (Καλλίας): Greek name derived from the word kallos, meaning "beauty."
  • KALLIKRATES (Καλλικράτης): Greek name composed of the elements kallos "beauty" and kratos "power," hence "beauty-power."
  • KALLISTOS (Κάλλιστος): Greek name derived from the word kallistos, meaning "most beautiful."
  • KALLISTRATES (Καλλιστράτης): Variant form of Greek Kallistratos, meaning "beauty-army."
  • KALLISTRATOS (Καλλίστρατος): Ancient Greek name composed of the elements kallos "beauty" and stratos "army," hence "beauty-army."
  • KALOGEROS (Καλόγερος): Greek name composed of the elements kalos "beautiful" and geron "elder," hence "beautiful elder."
  • KAMBYSES (Καμβύσης): Greek name derived from Persian Kambujiya, probably meaning "handsome king."
  • KAPANEUS (Καπανεύς): Greek name meaning "arrogant." In mythology, this is the name of one of the Seven Against Thebes. He is said to have had a body of immense size and strength, but he was notoriously arrogant and was eventually struck and killed by a thunderbolt sent by Zeus. His wife Euadne committed suicide by throwing herself on his funeral pyre.
  • KARPOS (Καρπός): Greek name meaning "fruit." In mythology, this is the name of a son of the nymph Khloris and the god Zephyros. In the bible, it is the name of a Christian at Troas mentioned in the second epistle of Timothy (2 Ti. 4:13).
  • KASTOR (Κάστωρ): Greek name meaning "beaver." In mythology, Castor/Kastor and Pollux/Polydeukes ("very sweet") are the twin sons of Leda and are known as the Gemini twins.
  • KEPHALOS (Κέφαλος): Greek name meaning "head." In mythology, this is the name of the faithful husband of Prokris.
  • KEPHAS (Κηφάς): Greek name of Aramaic origin, meaning "rock, stone." In the New Testament bible, this is the surname given by Jesus to Simon son of Jona, to distinguish him from Simon Zelotes.
  • KEPHEUS (Κηφεύς): Greek name meaning "gardener." In mythology, this is the name of a king of Ethiopia, the husband of Kassiopeia.
  • KERBEROS (Κέρβερος): Greek name meaning "demon of the pit." In mythology, this is the name of the three-headed dog that guards the entrance to Hades.
  • KEYX (Κήυξ): Greek name, possibly meaning "kingfisher." In mythology, this is the name of a king of Thessaly, the son of Eosphoros.
  • KHARON (Χάρων): Greek name meaning "fierce brightness." In mythology, this is the name of the ferryman of Hades who ferries the dead across the river Acheron.
  • KHEIRON (Χείρων): Greek name meaning "surgeon." In mythology, this is the name of a wise centaur, the son of Kronos and the nymph Philyre. He himself fathered Okyrhoe with the nymph Khariklo. He was said to be a great healer, oracle and astrologer.
  • KHRISTOPHOROS: Variant spelling of Greek Christophoros, meaning "Christ-bearer."
  • KHRISTOS (Χριστός): Variant spelling of Greek Christos, meaning "anointed."
  • KHRYSAOR (Χρυσάωρ): Greek name meaning "golden sword." In mythology, this is the name of a son of Poseidn and the Gorgon Medousa (Latin Medusa). He is usually described as a giant, but sometimes as a winged boar, just as his twin brother Pegasos is described as a winged horse.
  • KHRYSES (Χρύσης): Greek myth name of a priest of Apollo, derived from the word khrysos, meaning "golden."
  • KHTHONIOS (Χθόνιος): Greek name derived from the word khthonios, meaning "of the earth (especially the inner earth, i.e. underworld)." In mythology, this is an epithet applied to Herms and Zeus. It is the masculine form of Khthonia.
  • KIMON (Κίμων): Greek name, possibly meaning "sleepy."
  • KLAUDIOS (Κλαύδιος): Greek form of Latin Claudius, meaning "lame."
  • KLEISTHENES (Κλεισθένης): Greek name composed of the elements kleos "glory" and sthenos "strength," hence "glorious strength."
  • KLEITOS (Κλείτος): Ancient Greek name derived from the word kleitos, meaning "famous, renowned."
  • KLEMENTOS (Κλήμεντος): Greek form of Latin Clementius, meaning "gentle and merciful."
  • KLEMES (Κλήμης): Greek form of Latin Clement, meaning "gentle and merciful." In the bible, this is the name of a companion of Paul.
  • KLEOPAS (Κλεόπας): Contracted form of Greek Kleopatros, meaning "glory of the father." In the bible, this is the name of a disciple.
  • KLEOPATROS (Κλεόπατρος): Masculine form of Greek Kleopatra, meaning "glory of the father."
  • KLEOPHAS: Variant spelling of Greek Kleopas, meaning "glory of the father." In the bible, this is the name of two disciples to whom the risen Jesus appeared at Emmaus.
  • KLOPAS (Κλωπᾶς): Greek name probably of Aramaic origin, meaning "my exchanges." In the bible, this is the name of the father of the apostle James the less.
  • KONSTANTINOS(Κωνσταντίνος): Greek form of Roman Latin Constantinus, meaning "steadfast."
  • KORNELIOS (Κορνήλιος): Greek form of Latin Cornelius, meaning "of a horn." In the bible, this is the name of a Roman centurion who converted to Christianity.
  • KOSMAS: Variant spelling of Greek Kosmos, meaning "beauty, order."
  • KOSMOS (Κόσμος): Greek name derived from the word kosmos, meaning "beauty, order."
  • KREIOS (Κρειος): Greek name derived from the word kreion, meaning "master, ruler." In mythology, this is the name of one of the Titans.
  • KREON (Κρέων): Greek name meaning "ruler." In mythology, this is the name of a king of Thebes, husband of Eurydike and father of Haemon.
  • KRIOS (Κρίος): Variant spelling of Greek Kreios, meaning "master, ruler." In mythology, this is the name of one of the Titans.
  • KRONOS (Κρόνος): Greek name meaning "time." In mythology, this is the name of the Titan father of Zeus.
  • KYPRIANOS (Κυπριανός): Greek form of Latin Cyprianus, meaning "from Cyprus."
  • KYRIAKOS (Κυριάκος): Greek name meaning "of the lord."
  • KYRILLOS (Κύριλλος): Greek name meaning "lord."
  • KYROS (Κύρος): Greek form of Hebrew Kowresh (Persian Krush), meaning "like the sun." In the bible, this is the name of the king of Persia, Cyrus the Great, conqueror of Babylon, who freed the captive Jews.

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

August 1st, 2009, 09:03 AM
Baby #6 EDD 5/25/14
thank you for the great list!!!

I thought about Khristos, (or even spelling it Kristos) but my SO says that he thinks it should be spelled with a "C" since it's Christ's name. He made it seem like it was disrespectful! lol!! He isn't even actively involved in his religion, or church!! lol! He kills me!

We have plenty of time, but there's nothing wrong with getting off to an early start. Thanks again, for your help!
Karen (34), mom to five (soon six) beautiful children....DS (15), DD (7), DS (6), DS (2), DD (5mos) and expecting baby #6 late May 2014!!!*Please do not mention on FB*

BFP (approx) 8dpo
(approx) 10dpo= HCG-31
(approx) 12dpo= HCG-123

13dpo= HCG-120, P4-20.5
Doubling time = 40.31hrs
27dpo= HCG-19,935

12dpo= HCG 112
15dpo= HCG 586
Doubling time= 30.16

August 1st, 2009, 09:06 AM
Ha!! I'd probably spell it Kristos too. I knew plenty of people with it spelled that way growing up. (and they were all very active in the church)

August 1st, 2009, 09:49 AM
Baby #6 EDD 5/25/14
Yeah, he's a dork!!! lol! I'd like to name the baby after my father if it's a boy, but his name is Kerry. His middle name is Michael, so maybe i'll just do a K name for the first and Michael as his middle name. Not that you care but...My dad, mom, and myself, dad's brothers, and most of their kids, are all KMS (initials), and SO's last name starts with an "S", so I can honor my side of the family by using a K for the first and M for the middle name. This is why I'm fussing so much over it.

BFP (approx) 8dpo
(approx) 10dpo= HCG-31
(approx) 12dpo= HCG-123

13dpo= HCG-120, P4-20.5
Doubling time = 40.31hrs
27dpo= HCG-19,935

12dpo= HCG 112
15dpo= HCG 586
Doubling time= 30.16

August 1st, 2009, 10:03 AM
Blondie3412's Avatar My baby monkey.....
Hey I had to chime in and say that is an awsome thing that all your initials are the same and you want to honor your family that way!!!

August 1st, 2009, 03:39 PM
Baby #6 EDD 5/25/14
Thank you Yvette! I just figured with honoring SO's greek side, with the first two kids (with him), it was time to honor my side.

BFP (approx) 8dpo
(approx) 10dpo= HCG-31
(approx) 12dpo= HCG-123

13dpo= HCG-120, P4-20.5
Doubling time = 40.31hrs
27dpo= HCG-19,935

12dpo= HCG 112
15dpo= HCG 586
Doubling time= 30.16

August 1st, 2009, 05:40 PM
That is awesome! You could also do a greek middle name, since he's gotten greek first names on two!

August 1st, 2009, 05:44 PM
Baby #6 EDD 5/25/14
I thought about doing a non-Greek first name, but he was not happy at all about it. We will see how he feels as time goes by. Hopefully it's a girl, and we won't have to bet into the name dilemma! lol!

BFP (approx) 8dpo
(approx) 10dpo= HCG-31
(approx) 12dpo= HCG-123

13dpo= HCG-120, P4-20.5
Doubling time = 40.31hrs
27dpo= HCG-19,935

12dpo= HCG 112
15dpo= HCG 586
Doubling time= 30.16

August 1st, 2009, 06:09 PM
That's true... there are a lot of good greek girl names that start with K.

August 1st, 2009, 07:05 PM
Baby #6 EDD 5/25/14
If it's a girl, it will be Katarina or Katherina. My mom's name is Kathleen, so they would be the closest to it. And the middle "M" name will either be Marie (mom's middle name), or Michelle (my middle name). I think Marie flows better, but we'll see.

BFP (approx) 8dpo
(approx) 10dpo= HCG-31
(approx) 12dpo= HCG-123

13dpo= HCG-120, P4-20.5
Doubling time = 40.31hrs
27dpo= HCG-19,935

12dpo= HCG 112
15dpo= HCG 586
Doubling time= 30.16

August 3rd, 2009, 06:27 AM
I love that! I think Marie flows better too!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search