Another question---perhaps relates to my lack of sleeping

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2009, 02:54 AM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
I am so constipated it's making me sick...literally. I haven't moved my bowels since Thursday night, and that wasn't much. I know it's b/c of my progesterone and also my pre-natals.

I have taken fiber supplements out the wazoo. Saturday night I took three, Sunday afternoon I took three, Sunday night I took three...and NOTHING.

I've tried massaging my belly...I've tried certain yoga positions that are to help w/digestive problems. My 1/2 cup of coffee doesn't do anything b/c I'm use to about a cup and 1/2 to keep me regular.

The only food we eat is usually all natural...so at least my bowels aren't holding on to foods w/a lot of chemicals and preservatives.

This is also making me sick to my stomach and making it hard to sleep.

And at work, our bathroom is a shared space and I can't go to the bathroom at work...

BAH-HAH-HAH
August 3rd, 2009, 03:34 AM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like you're in a very bad situation! Poor thing! I think I'm headed your way...it's getting more and more difficult for me to have a BM too, and they are getting slower and smaller everytime. But I don't think there is much else we can do except try our best to relax and get through the days and eating lots of fiber rich foods. You can always try calling your doc if it gets too bad, but I'm not sure what other step he would suggest.

And many docs will tell you that you can get your cup or so of coffe a day as long as you don't overload on other caffeine sources. Many reputable sites suggest staying between 100 and 300 mg of caffeine a day and a large coffee at my favorite place is 100mg, so once in a while I'll still have one if I feel I really need it. So far I've been sticking to decaf, except I've had 1 cup yesterday of caffeinated. It's your call, but it might be an option if that's the only way you can get relief. I hope you feel better soon!

August 3rd, 2009, 05:11 AM
MichelleN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Unfortunately, constipation is a symptom of pregnancy. Our bowels slow down and won't return to normal until after we have the baby. Some women have constipation while others (like my sister) gets dirreaha a lot.

I had very bad constipation issues during my 1st pregnancy and I'm already having the issues during this pregnancy. My doctor gave me a prescription of MiraLax while I was pregnant with my son. At the time it wasn't offered over the counter. I am going to call my doctor today and see if it is safe for pregnant women to take because I have to do something. You might want to call your doctor and see if they can recommend something. I've tried the high fiber foods and fiber supplements and they haven't done anything for me either.
August 3rd, 2009, 05:53 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry hun! That's one of the joys of pregnancy! I would suggest getting some of the fiber one bars.... those things will keep you regular!!

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search