Courtney's Pregnancy Journal

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2009, 07:32 AM
HarpersMomma's Avatar Super Mommy
*Comments are welcome!!!*

4 weeks/6 days - August 4, 2009

Wow.

I can't believe I am starting a pregnancy journal! It still hasn't sunk in quite yet that we are pregnant. My husband, Wade, and I have been NTNP since December of 2008. I came off of birth control then and started temping to see if I was even ovulating (I've had problems in the past with my cycles). In January I went into the hospital thinking I had appendicitis, but it ending up being a ruptured cyst. I figured I would have a lot of problems getting pregnant, but since we weren't going to actively try until the summer of 2010, I knew I had plenty of time to start understanding my body and run any tests/fix any problems that I could. I will be honest, since we were NTNP, part of me was hoping that we might still get pregnant. We were both okay with the idea "If it happens, it happens." And now here we are! I will be 5 weeks tomorrow. My EDD is April 7, 2010!

I didn't test until I was 19DPO, which some people think is strange! But I have been late before so it was nothing new. But my breasts were very sore and tender, plus the veins in them were showing a lot, which never happens! I thought I was getting mono again (I had it also when I was in the hospital in January) because I was tired all the time, sluggish, and sleeping a lot. I never got really bad AF cramps like I usually do. I just felt pressure in my lower abs. I've had a lower backache, some slight nausea, forgetfulness (not like me at all!), irritable/emotional. None of these went away so I decided to test. I guess I was eating more too because I had 3 people ask me if I was pregnant on Sunday!

To give you all a little bit of a background on Wade and I, we have been together since May of 2006. We met through a mutual friend, started dating about 3 days after we first met and we inseparable. We moved in together in September of 2006, got engaged on September 2, 2007 and were married on June 22, 2008! We have three dogs: a mixed-breed Brindle named Leroy who is 4, an English Bulldog named Charlie (who's female!) who is 2, and a Beagle-hound mix named Shelby who is just over a year old.

Now here we are and we couldn't be happier!

Last edited by HarpersMomma; August 5th, 2009 at 11:11 AM.
August 5th, 2009, 11:10 AM
5 weeks

I just got off the phone with the nurse...she said my numbers look good (9,7000 something!), but my progesterone was a little low. She said they like for it to be at least 15 and mine was 12, so I'm getting put on a supplement. I also have my first ultrasound on August 18th at 2pm! I'll be about 7 weeks by then so we should hear a nice heartbeat and see our little bean! Ahhh! I'm so excited!!!!!!!

Today I actually felt a little sick and got a little dizzy. But after I ate a snack I felt better! I'll take it! It reminds me that our baby is in there and growing!

I feel utterly ecstatic today

August 10th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Woooo Hoooooo!!!!
August 12th, 2009, 09:14 AM
6 Weeks
I believe my morning sickness is starting. For about the first 5 hours of my day I feel on the brink of getting very sick. Actually, it's kind of like being hungover, honestly! Yesterday was the worst. I couldn't eat anything and was in bed by 8.45 clutching my pillow and willing myself not to throw up. I just want to lay down all the time. I'm sitting at work now and I can feel myself getting sick. I am fairly certain my prenatals are aggravating my sickness, too, even though I take them at night. I eat crackers before I even get out of bed and then I go eat some breakfast (as much as I can). I was so hoping I wouldn't get sick like my mom did, but I don't think I'll be that lucky!

There's nothing much other than that right now. I wake up feeling sick, go to work and feel sick pretty much all day, come home and go to bed soon after I walk through the door. If I've got 7 more weeks of this, I might lose my mind The one positive is at least I know the baby is growing. And I will be able to use this as blackmail when the kid gets older.

Your Baby
This week starts a period of rapid cellular development for your baby-to-be, who looks like a mini tadpole, with a tiny head and tail. His or her eyes, ears and mouth have begun to form (though they're a little more Discovery Channel "creatures of the sea" documentary than Gerber Baby at this point).

Other exciting milestones include:

Your baby's heart is now beating to a regular beat, although it's still too faint to hear.

His or her arm buds are just beginning to, well, bud. They look like teensy swollen bumps at this point. In a few days, they'll resemble itsy-bitsy flippers.

Your baby has grown to ⅛ inch long—about the size of one of the chocolate sprinkles on your last cupcake (and your last ice cream cone, and your last sundae and your last giant cookie ... maybe there is something to those rumors about pregnancy cravings!).

August 13th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Conrats on the BFP. To help with my MS last time I makde sure there was always something in my stomach, I ate 12 small meals a day. It made a huge difference. When I went to the bathroom at night I ate some crackers before falling asleep.
Also Giner candies. Had those in my mouth for the first 3 months. Good luck.
September 15th, 2009, 12:08 PM
10 Weeks, 6 Days

Yes, I have missed quite a bit of time writing here. The weeks that have passed haven't been easy. My morning sickness progressed into all day sickness and I had my head too close to the toilet several times a day. Being at work became the bane of my existence. I would come home and immediately go to bed. I neglected the house and my poor, sweet husband. This lasted for about 2 weeks until my doctor prescribed me Zofran. It was heaven sent, let me tell you. I am definitely not 100%, but pretty darn close. There are still days where I feel nauseous, especially at night. Occasionally I still vomit, but it's never preceded by a ridiculous bought of nausea.

Now I just suffer from an extreme case of constipation. It's intensified by the Zofran. And vitamins. And pregnancy itself. There's no getting around it. But honestly? I'd MUCH rather be all bloaty and slightly uncomfortable (or really uncomfortable at times) than feel sick all the time.

My husband is always on the go. He works full-time at an auto parts store, part-time at one of the college bars (the extra money is great so he bartends 2 nights a week), and he is going to school full-time at night. We see each other maybe 30 minutes each day and Sundays. That's not an exaggeration by any means. He doesn't have to work both jobs, but it's easy, extra money. He doesn't have much school left. That's what I have to keep telling myself. I feel single most of the time. I spend a lot of time at my parent's (who live next door) or watching movies with a friend. It's hard that's he's not around more, but that's just me being selfish and wanting him all to myself. He's sacrificing a lot for our family. It wasn't so bad when I was going to school full-time, too. Now I just work all day and come home to two crazy dogs. Being overly-emotional doesn't help, either. So I do my best not to complain to him, though I can't help the occasional "I miss you" phone calls.

My next doctor's appointment is on October 5th. Then only 4 weeks later we'll find out what we're having! And only 2 more weeks until I'm in my second trimester!

And now back to work!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search