Anyone feeling like it might be twins?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2009, 07:03 AM
Baby #6 EDD 5/25/14
Most of the time, women worry about twins, when pregnant. It could be intuition, fear, or just wishful thinking. Are any of you ladies thinking it might be twins, for whatever reasons?

I am having a slight feeling it might be twins, for me. I think it's part, wishful thinking, intuition, and the fact that nothing we do is "normal" or "easy"! lol! Ex: We had our daughter Oct 2006, and 5 weeks later I was pregnant with our youngest!! We waited 2 years to be ready to ttc, and I just have a feeling that even though we tried to be "smart" or cautious about another, we will get twins so it's chaos again! What would I do without my chaos?!?! lol
Karen (34), mom to five (soon six) beautiful children....DS (15), DD (7), DS (6), DS (2), DD (5mos) and expecting baby #6 late May 2014!!!*Please do not mention on FB*

Pregnancy stats for baby #6, due late May 2014:
BFP (approx) 8dpo
(approx) 10dpo= HCG-31
(approx) 12dpo= HCG-123
(doubling time of 22.73 hours!!! )
8wk u/s appt scheduled for Oct. 14th

Prgnancy stats from baby #5:
13dpo= HCG-120, P4-20.5
19dpo= HCG-1427, (P4 was not taken again)
Doubling time = 40.31hrs
27dpo= HCG-19,935
Doubling = 50.47hrs (from 19dpo to 27dpo)
First doc appt & u/s scheduled for Sept 10th

pregnancy stats from baby #4:
12dpo= HCG 112
15dpo= HCG 586
Doubling time= 30.16

August 4th, 2009, 07:28 AM
k8liz311's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was feeling like it a couple days ago because my chart was insane.. and because I had already popped out at 4 weeks. But the feelings have subsided.. and I'm pretty sure it's only one

August 4th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Baby #6 EDD 5/25/14
I wonder if we will have twins on our board, and how many? I've always been fascinated by the fact that a woman can carry more than one baby!
Karen (34), mom to five (soon six) beautiful children....DS (15), DD (7), DS (6), DS (2), DD (5mos) and expecting baby #6 late May 2014!!!*Please do not mention on FB*

BFP (approx) 8dpo
(approx) 10dpo= HCG-31
(approx) 12dpo= HCG-123

13dpo= HCG-120, P4-20.5
Doubling time = 40.31hrs
27dpo= HCG-19,935

12dpo= HCG 112
15dpo= HCG 586
Doubling time= 30.16

August 4th, 2009, 08:05 AM
lauriebeth's Avatar mommy to Riley Grace
One day I found myself thinking, it would be cool to have twins... then I started asking myself, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?! In my mind, I think it would be fun to have twins. For one, though, twins don't run in our families. And for another, I just can't imagine all the work that would have to go into it. I know God won't give me more than I can handle, though, so I think I'd be super excited to find out I'm carrying twins.

Thank you Meganpixel for my adorable siggy!

For crocheted hats and hair accessories visit *Daisy Cottage Designs* on Etsy!
August 4th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Baby #6 EDD 5/25/14
I hear you Lauren! lol!! I think it's cool, and then tell myself how sick I am for thinking it's cool, when we've got three already. I'm crazy! lol! But I too believe that God doesn't give you more than you can handle. Though, I do believe he gets really close that fine line sometimes!!!

As for it being hard work, I think it will be the hardest in the beginning. After they stop waking so frequently, I think it'll be easier to get used to. I have Irish twins, 10 1/2 months apart, and it's not the same but it was definite hard in the beginning! I had two on formula for two months, two that needed to be carried, and they are both still in diapers! I couldn't go anywhere without help, for a while. Plus my youngest cried constantly, for the first 8 months! He's had lots of issues with his stomach, and is Autistic. So I'm sure that made things harder than usual. But, we managed and are now ready to have another.

BFP (approx) 8dpo
(approx) 10dpo= HCG-31
(approx) 12dpo= HCG-123

13dpo= HCG-120, P4-20.5
Doubling time = 40.31hrs
27dpo= HCG-19,935

12dpo= HCG 112
15dpo= HCG 586
Doubling time= 30.16

August 4th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Meganpixel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bet we will have someone in our DDC with Twins. I don't know what I would do if it were me. Twins mean double everything. I guess it could happen though right?

I wonder who it will be....... We will just have to wait and see!
August 4th, 2009, 08:31 AM
lauriebeth's Avatar mommy to Riley Grace
I've read it's about a 3% chance. That's really small, but I'm with Megan... I'm sure someone in our group will have twins!

Thank you Meganpixel for my adorable siggy!

For crocheted hats and hair accessories visit *Daisy Cottage Designs* on Etsy!
August 4th, 2009, 08:33 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sure it's just one for us!

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

August 4th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well twins run in my family and it's been a while since someone has had twins. So my aunt has been telling me for the past year or so that I would be the one to have twins!! I'm sure it would be overwhelming at first but I would love it!

August 4th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
Sometimes I think I am (they run in our family)...but then I question it, b/c of lack of symptoms (I heard your syptoms, especially morning sickness, is wicked).

But I tested positive at 10DPO and the lines were dark...they weren't faint or light.
And two days prior to that I went to my obgyn b/c I thought I had a cyst, but doc told me my cyst was a corpus luteum which was good, and that my endo lining was thickening (which happens before AF too, so that's nothing to over think), but he had a hard time finding my left ovary. To the point where I actaully started to worry and had to lay my head down (I'm fascinated about this stuff, so when he's doing my transvaginal, I'm all up in there w/him, practically sitting up and looking at the screen).

I keep seeing twins everywhere--on tv, in books, on the street---like it's a sign.

But then I think "Jenna, you don't have any symptoms"

It would be so wonderful and such a blessing.

I get my results back tomorrow so we shall see. lol
August 4th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Super Mommy
I am worried that we maybe having multiples. We had clomid treatments due to infertility... I won't know until 8-10 weeks when I have my 1st u/s
August 4th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would be floored if we had twins again. Our 2 yr old twins were from a frozen In Vitro cycle. Naturally conceived twins for us would be extremely unlikely.

I would guess that we will have a few ladies with twins due in April.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

August 4th, 2009, 09:29 AM
TeamNick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I doubt that we are having twins since I am not really having an increased symptoms. I am actively hoping we do NOT have twins. My husband is a twin and I know that he doesn't want twins.

Mommy to Evie and Isla Marie

August 4th, 2009, 09:30 AM
lovebeforefirstsight2
HI there! I'm new to this forum so first I'll just say a little about myself- I'm 21 (very mature for my age I suppose) and I work as a nurse on an Alzheimer's unit. My hubby (we have not technically tied the knot yet but in all the ways that count he IS my husband) and I had a miscarriage in March. It was extremely devastating as we were both thrilled to be starting our family. In July we started TTC again and ta-da! IM PREGNANT AGAIN! I am worried because I got pregnant quickly last time, it's staying pregnant that I had trouble with. I have been saying that I felt like it was twins since the day I found out. We have been talking about twins for a while because fraternal twins run in my family. Aside from that, I got my BFP at 9dpo! I thought that was on the early end and I started having symptoms early too, so if it isn't 2 little beans in there then I have fairly high hormones (which is great because our first tip-off that things were going downhill last time were hormones that were not rising as they should). I would be thrilled to have twins, although I am a little scared because I have read so many stories of losing one of the twins early in the pregnancy. Right now I am just hoping and praying that things work out this time. I told myself I wouldn't get this excited again, but I've got his/her/their nursery picked out already! hehe, I just love this little bean already! Why do you think you are having twins? Due April 10th, going to the doctor around 8 weeks preggers and hope to see a beautiful little heartbeat on the small screen
August 4th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't think we are having twins. Although I was joking with my mom that I was pregnant with triplets because I threw up before I got my positive pregnancy test. I'm in for it!

August 4th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Baby #6 EDD 5/25/14
I was reading up on early signs of a multiple pregnancy, and saw that a lot of women have increased symptoms. Most complaints are of increased fatigue and m/s. But I've also heard some mom's of multiples say that they didn't have any m/s, like they did with a singleton, and fatigue seemed to be the same. I've heard the same about their levels too. They say that a lot of women they knew with singleton pregnancies started out with higher betas, than they did. The mom of multiples did double quicker, once the levels began to rise though. And some moms of multiples didn't know until the 20weeks u/s, because the second baby was hiding. (obviously identical twins)

So I know we won't find out, till an u/s, or two, but thought it would be fun to hear how many of are thinking "it might be ME"!

cnote---God bless you hun! For the sake of your sanity, I hope you don't get another set of twins. I'm not even sure why I think it's cool if I'm carrying twins, when I can't wrap my mind around handling ONE more!!! GL!

lovebeforefirstsight2---Welcome to the board!! Congrats on your BFP! And I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll be praying for a sticky bean for you! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!
I kinda just have a hunch. My bump is getting bigger this time, but i am attributing that to this being my fourth. My half sister, my dad's daughter with ex-wife, has a set of twins. And my cousin also has a set. Not sure if that matters. Just kinda feeling like the chance is there. KWIM?

BFP (approx) 8dpo
(approx) 10dpo= HCG-31
(approx) 12dpo= HCG-123

13dpo= HCG-120, P4-20.5
Doubling time = 40.31hrs
27dpo= HCG-19,935

12dpo= HCG 112
15dpo= HCG 586
Doubling time= 30.16

Last edited by goingfor4; August 4th, 2009 at 11:50 AM.
August 4th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Super Mommy
I hope I don't have twins! One was hard enough!!

Really though, twins are heavy in both our families. Identicals on my side and fraternals on his. I doubt we are carrying twins, but there's still that chance. Dh has fun insisting I'm carrying two just to see me freak out. I can't take him baby shopping with me because he's always looking at the double strollers telling me I might as well not fight our fate. Then there's that double (implantation?) dip on my chart..
August 4th, 2009, 12:09 PM
ldovey83's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a dream before I got my BFP that I had twins a boy and a girl, but I don't think that would be me... The run on my moms mothers side.. Her sisters were twins but none of us grand kids have had any twins.. I don't think I am.. I think there is just one bean in there.. If there is two I am going to be shocked!!!
August 4th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Mommyof3Hoppers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommyof3Hoppers
This is hilarious to me because before I posted here I went to the mom's of multiples board and asked what some of their early symptoms were! I really feel like I am having multiples! I don't feel like its twins though, for some reason 3 is popping out in my mind everywhere! I keep dreaming about it! It is crazy! My dh would fall over and pass out if he found out there was more than one in there though so if there is only one I will be perfectly happy with that of course! I guess we will see on Thurs morning when we go for our first u/s....yay, then I will have an EDD too!!!

Look me up on Facebook - Meighan Hopper Bloomington, Illinois
August 5th, 2009, 12:43 AM
Veteran
i had a miscarrage with twins at seperate time (november 22nd 2005 lost first twin, December 5th lost 2nd twin)
I found out i was pregnant very early due to it being twins (i was only about 2 weeks preg wen i found out)
I felt very sick (although was never actually sick)
Kept falling asleep at every chance i got

Also myclose friend had same when she was preg with twin last year, she went on to have a beautiful girl and boy, but she went ino labour at 26 weeks. Lilly (the girl) died at 5 weeks old :'( . Karl (the boy) is doing FANTASTIC although he is a year old on the 31st but he only looks 6 months old he so cute

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search