Hola Mama's--I get my blood results back tomorrow--UPDATE!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
Finally, some relief to my constant worrying....

I get my results back tomorrow, so lets hope that everything is great, that my levels are where they should be, and that my bubbie just loves me so much that he won't let me have pregnancy symptoms like enlarged bb's and morning sickness.

(because I'm still symptom free, which I'm telling myself is okay)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay I need to take a deep breath b/c I'm going to freak out on someone.

I called my doctor's office at one, and they told me to call back at three (remind you, they told me on Monday that my results would be in by 10 on Wednesday). I called back at three, and they put me on hold for what felt like eternity, then the lady picked up and said in a rude, as if i'm bothering her for having to go get my chart " Jenna, what are you hoping to have come back?" and I was caught off guard by her rudeness, but I said "I want to know what my levels are b/c I'm nervo- AND THIS IS WHEN THE WRENCH CUT ME OFF! She then said "Well we have no idea when that test will come back" and I said "Well, do you think I should call next week" and she said, now in a *****' ditzy tone "Ummm maybe try back Friday".

***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I called Matt and broke down...I can't believe they are doing this. They should have taken my message last week when I told them I just found out I'm pg, and would like results done b/c I'm a new at this and nervous...they should have said "okay we will tell the dr. and see what he says". But instead, they spoke for the doctor (which HAS to be illegal, I mean, they are MA's--not even registered nurses, I would find it hard to believe that they can make decisions for a doctor). They told me "No way, you can't come in for bloodwork".

I am so nervous. Two very close friends (best-friend and sister-in-law) just recently m/c. Sister-in-law was about 8 weeks, woke up and just started bleeding heavy, but bff, was maybe about 5 weeks, but b/c her levels weren't rising, they said she probably m/c a couple weeks ago, and had no idea and had to give her something to start her m/c.

I have no symptoms...Friday I will be 5 weeks. I have nothing--seriously, I'm not trying to be all dramatic--I have nothing. my bb's are more bigger/tender right before AF..you would think that if I'm almost 5 weeks, they'd be something. I don't have anything except for a missed period.

I just want some peace of mind. I pay for my health insurance, I pay those *****' MA's and doctor their paychecks from my visits, I'm the patient, I should have a say and a right. They are treating me like I am a nuissnace. They are heartless women. I know what these women look like--all in 50's...don't tell me none of them have daughters, or had children..they should have an *****' heart and feel for me, being young, and being pg for the 1st time.

Matt got so mad, that he called the ladies back and asked to speak to our doctor and will not take no for an answer. The wench's told him that they will let our doctor know and he will call Matt back. Matt said he is going to (nicely) tell our doctor what has been going on and how we are not going to be treated like that.

I called my mom after this happened, and she said "I bet the woman didn't write down the right test to be done" and she told me to call back and ask if they did a "Quantative" or "Qualatative" test (my mom is an MA)...she said that one is just to see if your pregnant, but the other is to actually check the levels.

I can believe this, b/c the MA is new, she may have been out of school for a year, plus when she drew my blood, she drug the needle in my skin and caused me to bruise.

Hubby's calling--gotta go!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Praise the Lord---he does listen!

Doctor called Matt--told him my levels are 4,207 and that things look good and I don't need to come back. He said (the doctor) that he didn't have the chart on hand, so he doesn't know how far along I am.

Does anyone know????

I'm looking at this one chart, and it says that 5 weeks is 18-7,340 and 6 weeks is 1,080-56,500. But 4 weeks is only 5-426. I will be 5 weeks in two days---however, I remembered that my LMP, was June 30th, but it stopped and came again...like it wasn't consistant. I remember it came for two days, stopped on the 3rd, came back on the 4th, then was done by the 6th. And it wasn't too heavy.

But I honestly think it was AF--I mean, it has to be...

Last edited by Love_the_Shoes; August 5th, 2009 at 01:14 PM. Reason: UPDATE AS OF 3:30 p.m.
August 4th, 2009, 09:34 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad you finally got some blood work! Look forward to good news tomorrow!

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

August 4th, 2009, 09:42 AM
lauriebeth's Avatar mommy to Riley Grace
I'm sure everything will be great! Praying for you!

Thank you Meganpixel for my adorable siggy!

For crocheted hats and hair accessories visit *Daisy Cottage Designs* on Etsy!
August 4th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Baby #6 EDD 5/25/14
Glad you were able to get some blood tests done. I can't wait to hear the GOOD news tomorrow!! I know your lil bean is fine and healthy, but I will still pray for you and lil bean! KUP!!
Karen (34), mom to five (soon six) beautiful children....DS (15), DD (7), DS (6), DS (2), DD (5mos) and expecting baby #6 late May 2014!!!*Please do not mention on FB*

Pregnancy stats for baby #6, due late May 2014:
BFP (approx) 8dpo
(approx) 10dpo= HCG-31
(approx) 12dpo= HCG-123
(doubling time of 22.73 hours!!! )
8wk u/s appt scheduled for Oct. 14th

Prgnancy stats from baby #5:
13dpo= HCG-120, P4-20.5
19dpo= HCG-1427, (P4 was not taken again)
Doubling time = 40.31hrs
27dpo= HCG-19,935
Doubling = 50.47hrs (from 19dpo to 27dpo)
First doc appt & u/s scheduled for Sept 10th

pregnancy stats from baby #4:
12dpo= HCG 112
15dpo= HCG 586
Doubling time= 30.16

August 4th, 2009, 01:46 PM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I’m sure things will be okay. Can’t wait to hear good news from your results tomorrow.

August 4th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Meganpixel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ditto to all of the above Im sure its just that your Bubbie loves you so much
August 4th, 2009, 05:45 PM
frankie's Avatar Proud Mommy
Your in my T &P I HOPE you get wonderful beta's KUP

trying for~~~Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer~~~~ Marcia Wieder
August 4th, 2009, 07:17 PM
lilflower
I'm sure that everything is okay! I will keep you and your bubbie in my thoughts tomorrow! KUP.
August 5th, 2009, 04:39 AM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck! Can't wait to hear what your levels are!

August 5th, 2009, 07:07 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What time do you get to hear today?

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

August 5th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Blondie3412's Avatar My baby monkey.....
Anything yet??? Sending sticky dust vibes your way!!

August 5th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Baby #6 EDD 5/25/14
What's the word? And I love your avatar pic!!! You are beautiful, hun!

Update please!!!!
Karen (34), mom to five (soon six) beautiful children....DS (15), DD (7), DS (6), DS (2), DD (5mos) and expecting baby #6 late May 2014!!!*Please do not mention on FB*

BFP (approx) 8dpo
(approx) 10dpo= HCG-31
(approx) 12dpo= HCG-123

13dpo= HCG-120, P4-20.5
Doubling time = 40.31hrs
27dpo= HCG-19,935

12dpo= HCG 112
15dpo= HCG 586
Doubling time= 30.16

August 5th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Okay I now have to wait until 3:30...I can't stand this doctor's office. I switched to it when I got married b/c DH goes to him but I can't stand the front desk staff. They told me on Monday I could call around 10 to get results...then DH called yesterday to see if they came back early, but they said no, and that I should call after lunch today. So I called around one and they are not in. The last drop-off is three, so I should call by 3:30 to see. I will be LIVID if I have to wait. I am going to explain to the lady "Look, I'm nervous, scared, first time doing this, PLEASE understand and call me as soon as you get them". Maybe I'll cry a little, so she understands how nervous I really am.

But thanks everyone for checking up.

And Karen--thanks for the compliment---I'm going to have DH sharpen it, so my face isn't blurry. I feel so left out b/c I don't have a camera, so I can't post pics of my belly...I'm going to try and put a picture of us on the "Getting to know you thread", but I need his help b/c I can't seem to figure out how to do it. It's sad that I'm 24, and don't know how to post pictures on the internet.
August 5th, 2009, 11:41 AM
I would be upset, too! I'm sure you get all geared up before you call, only to be upset when you hear the results aren't in! Certainly hope they'll be in by 3:30!!

August 5th, 2009, 11:47 AM
So do I love---I get so worked up, that I don't make sense when I ask the question. I will lose my sh*t, if they tell me I need to come back in for more blood to compare...b/c then I won't get the results until Monday, and i will have to wait all weekend.
August 5th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Baby #6 EDD 5/25/14
Do you have a camera phone? I use mine! All of my belly pics are from my phone. And You better get to the store and buy a digital camera!! I know they're not cheap, but you are gonna kick yourself if you don't take pics of your pregnancy! And you'll definitely want one when the baby's born! Tell your man to buy you camera as a gift for carrying his child!! lol! There's always a reason to give a woman a gift!

BFP (approx) 8dpo
(approx) 10dpo= HCG-31
(approx) 12dpo= HCG-123

13dpo= HCG-120, P4-20.5
Doubling time = 40.31hrs
27dpo= HCG-19,935

12dpo= HCG 112
15dpo= HCG 586
Doubling time= 30.16

August 5th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Wow! What an ordeal! Glad they 1. Did the right test and 2. your numbers are good! I would have been frustrated, too!

August 5th, 2009, 01:58 PM
That's great news! I'm glad it all worked out in the end and you and your little bean are doing just fine! Congrats on those nice numbers!

August 5th, 2009, 01:59 PM
That's great news! I'm glad it all worked out in the end and you and your little bean are doing just fine! Congrats on those nice numbers!

August 5th, 2009, 01:59 PM

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search