Need advice ladies!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2009, 10:10 PM
lovebeforefirstsight2
Okay so to understand the question you need a full history.. I found out in the end of february that I was pregnant. I had sore boobs and took 3 BFP. We were sooo excited. I called my doctor and told them I had been charting my temperature and noticed a dip and i had heard that this was sometimes a sign of miscarriage. They sent me for quantitative blood work that friday and sunday. I got a call that monday and they told me my hcg levels were rising but not doubling like they should so they wanted to me to come in for an u/s. I went that day and they told me I was 5 weeks 3 days, had a gestational sac, but it was too soon to tell very much. They had me come back in a week for another u/s, at this point I was 6weeks3days and they told me that they could not see a heartbeat and that there was a good chance this baby wasn't going to make it. That day they sent me for more bloodwork. They called me a few hours later and said my hormones were very high and scheduled me for ANOTHER u/s a week and a half later. I went to my appointment that day and although I should have been 8weeks pregnant, the baby was only 6weeks and my uterine lining had started to thin. I had a missed miscarriage and needed a D&E (similar to a D&C). The doctor discussed with me that there was nothing wrong with me or hubby and that miscarriage of first pregnancies are very common and are the result of something going wrong during the busy cell division. So I went back on my BC for the next few months and then stopped taking it again in late June. Well, July 27th at just 9DPO, I got several BFP!! We are very excited once again. Now begins the question: so after the miscarriage my mom had seen how let down and devastated i was and said "no more hpt! next time miss a couple periods and then go to the doctor!" which i agreed was a good idea.. well the hpt called to me. i was taking them 4times a week some weeks. I have known for over a week now and am sticking to my idea of not going to the doctor until I am 8weeks. I definately think "Why stress yourself out if it is too early to tell anything anyway?!" I would rather enjoy the next few weeks and then go for an u/s when they can actually tell me something! Although I've been reading a lot about low progesterone levels. Do you think I should go get bloodwork done? If low progesterone was an issue wouldn't they have known that after they took blood 3 times the last time? (wouldn't they automatically check that when they were checking my hcg levels so they could see if that were an issue??) When the doctor went over the loss with me he said there was nothing wrong. Should I start all of this early testing and worrying or should I wait it out for the next few weeks and then call and make an appointment. I need some help please! Thanks.
August 4th, 2009, 10:19 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I would stop worrying and just wait it out for the next few weeks. Enjoy this time. I had a m/c in March and never found out my levels. I just never called to get them. They likely would have checked your progesterone levels. One sign of low progesterone is a short luteal phase (time between ovulation and AF starting). I also got my BFP this time around at only 9DPO and everything has been going perfectly! (My BFP in March was at 14DPO and I had a BFN at 13DPO). I'll admit that I'm nervous about losing this bean too, but I've got one healthly beautiful daughter, I got pregnant in March and here I am again. There's something to be said about that! All your worrying will do is take your body's energy away from making a perfect baby. So stop worrying and wait for your appointment! Easier said than done I know, but enjoy this time.
August 4th, 2009, 10:38 PM
lovebeforefirstsight2
That's what I thought, and when I talked to the doc about trying again he didn't mention anything about prog. levels and told me I could start TTC again whenever I felt mentally/emotionally up to it, but I was physically ready...soo. Thanks so much, best of luck to you!
August 5th, 2009, 03:52 AM
mdredmon1's Avatar Veteran
I worry about everything so i would call the doc. If something happens and this bean doesn't stick, then I would have a loss panel done. This will check all kinds of stuff on you that could might prevent a loss from happening. I wish you luck and KUP!!

August 5th, 2009, 04:29 AM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would probably wait too, and just try to enjoy this time as much as possible until the resl stress kicks in! Try to sit back and relax and make sure that bean's healthy, that's all you can really do at this point, right? No matter what you decide, I hope you have a very happy and healthy 9 months!

August 5th, 2009, 06:05 AM
frankie's Avatar Proud Mommy
I am sorry I think differently I have had 3 M/C due to low progesterone.. It took me going to a high risk/ fertility dr to tell me that was my problem.. Me and hubby are perfectly healthy just i can't produce enough progesterone when i become pregnant. so i take it orally 2 times a day..

The reason they figured out it was my progesterone was when they did my first set of Beta's which wasn't till 18dpo (i have a 28 day cycle) it was low they tried giving me endometrium suppositories but it was to late..

I say get the blood work ask them to check for progesterone..if it's to low you have to start it immediately.. thats why i say don't wait because if thats the case it's hard for a baby to survive with low progesterone...

Good luck in whatever you choose!! Hope you have a H&H 9 months

trying for~~~Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer~~~~ Marcia Wieder
August 5th, 2009, 06:49 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It can't hurt to get them checked, but if your didn't have a problem with progesterone before, you might not now either. Just call your doc, tell him/her your concerns and ask what they think you should do.

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

August 5th, 2009, 07:42 AM
lovebeforefirstsight2
Okay well I went to bed thinking "I'm gonna wait".. but this morning after reading more I thought "Well I guess it wouldn't hurt just to have blood drawn" Well I called the doc and told them I didn't want to come in until 8weeks when they could actually clearly tell what's going on in there but that I would like bloodwork done in the mean time becuase I had read a lot about low-progesterone levels and was a little paranoid. The nurse told me they could not take blood without seeing me. They wanted to see me the 13th but I will be out of town so I am going the 20th... two whole weeks? (I should be 6w5d at that time) That sure did a lot of good! Anyway hubby is excited/anxious... he wanted me to call as soon as I got my BFP's! I'll keep everyone posted and thank you so much!
August 5th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I will be thinking of you - I really hope all will be well x

Glad you've come to a decision on the bloodwork. While you're waiting, try to think positive (easy to say, I know) xxx

August 6th, 2009, 09:23 AM
lovebeforefirstsight2
so i am totally freaking out now! what if they want to do an ultrasound at that first appointment when im 6w5d and i get the "it might be too soon, come back in week" all over again?! i heard that so many times the last time and it just added to the stress. also, i heard you almost always have a transvaginal before 8weeks and i have 3 the last time and they are painful and stressful! geez.. all i want is some blood tests!! i do not want an u/s until 8 weeks, but on the other hand as long as i'm there i should just listen to the doctor.. he knows what he is talking about.... i'm going to be a nut for the next 2 weeks.
August 6th, 2009, 09:29 AM
6w5d is a good time for an u/s there should definitely be a heartbeat to see then. Yeah t/v u/s suck, but it's a good view of what's going on! But if it will stress you out more, then just ask your Dr. if it's possible to wait. I'm guessing though that if your appointment schedule is like mine at all, you'll see the Dr. at 6w (ish) then every 4 weeks so your next appointment won't be until 10w? The u/s is better than the blood work I think. Since 1 blood test isn't enough to really know what's going on and all... KWIM?
August 6th, 2009, 09:56 AM
lovebeforefirstsight2
yeah, i mean i had hcg rising last time but had a missed miscarriage.. i'm just scared it's going to be more of this "it's too soon.. come back" and then i'll worry until i do! i'm sorry i don't know what KWIM is?
August 6th, 2009, 10:11 AM
ldovey83's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hun try to relax.. I had a miscarriage back at the end of May and after two cycles I am expecting again.. I think everyone that has experienced a loss always has the what if's in the back of their mind, but what I was told was to just relax.. That added stress is not good for baby.. I have been being on a stick every couple of days to make sure the lines are getting darker, and I think after I finish the last two I have I am done.. LOL I know it is easier said then done, but just hang in there hun.
August 6th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Sorry KWIM=know what I mean?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search