have you told anyone yet?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2009, 07:06 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If so, how did they react?

We've told immediate family and a few friends and everyone seems to be pretty shocked since Dean's only 11 months!

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

August 5th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Meganpixel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No one!!! I so want to though, but we are going to wait. I am sooo nervous to tell my boss. I work with all men so I dont feel they are not going to fully understand, even though they should!
August 5th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Blondie3412's Avatar My baby monkey.....
We have told EVERYONE we know or are related too. And everyone is THRILLED for us.

Last edited by Blondie3412; August 5th, 2009 at 07:40 AM.
August 5th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Wifey2Jordan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We've told alot of people. All our family knows, and our close friends. I'm waiting a few more weeks to tell people at work. However I did talk about it with a client the other day (a close friend) so if I don't keep my mouth closed, i'm sure someone will hear my conversation. I'm a hairdresser, its hard to keep things quiet in a salon!
August 5th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We have told everyone but my grandparents so far. I am telling them this afternoon after my confirmation appointment.

August 5th, 2009, 08:11 AM
MichelleN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We've told both sets of parents and siblings. We've also told our Sunday School class (so they can pray for our little bean). I told my boss yesterday (because I'm already starting to not feel real good (morning sickness)). Everyone appeared happy which is good.

We're going to wait to tell extended family and friends until after I have my doctor's appointment on August 25th. I so want to tell everyone, but I don't want to tell too soon.
August 5th, 2009, 08:56 AM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
I'm scared to tell people. My DS is not even 7 mos old yet. I'm just afraid of being called a dummy that I haven't told anyone, even though I've pretty much known for a week. (This is huge for me, I would normally tell one sister and my mom immediately.)

So for now, it's just the DH and I in the know.
August 5th, 2009, 09:00 AM
frankie's Avatar Proud Mommy
I only told my mom dad brothers SIL no one else last time we told everyone I m/c right after so my mouth is shut for now! to scared

trying for~~~Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer~~~~ Marcia Wieder
August 5th, 2009, 09:04 AM
TeamNick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have told everyone! They were all super happy for us!

Mommy to Evie and Isla Marie

August 5th, 2009, 09:07 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
It's getting out there... My family knows and a few friends know. It'll be open knowledge after Tuesday though!
August 5th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Baby #6 EDD 5/25/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandpaper06 View Post
I'm scared to tell people. My DS is not even 7 mos old yet. I'm just afraid of being called a dummy that I haven't told anyone, even though I've pretty much known for a week. (This is huge for me, I would normally tell one sister and my mom immediately.)

I understand your concern! I got pregnant with my youngest only FIVE WEEKS after giving birth to my daughter!! I didn't even get my first period, and didn't make it to my first pp appt. before i DTD! I did get some comments, but I either ignored them, told the people off, or stopped talking to them. The only thing that should come out of people's mouths is "Congrats!", or something along those lines! Everyone will be shocked, but will get used to it! GL hun!
Karen (34), mom to five (soon six) beautiful children....DS (15), DD (7), DS (6), DS (2), DD (5mos) and expecting baby #6 late May 2014!!!*Please do not mention on FB*

Pregnancy stats for baby #6, due late May 2014:
BFP (approx) 8dpo
(approx) 10dpo= HCG-31
(approx) 12dpo= HCG-123
(doubling time of 22.73 hours!!! )
8wk u/s appt scheduled for Oct. 14th

Prgnancy stats from baby #5:
13dpo= HCG-120, P4-20.5
19dpo= HCG-1427, (P4 was not taken again)
Doubling time = 40.31hrs
27dpo= HCG-19,935
Doubling = 50.47hrs (from 19dpo to 27dpo)
First doc appt & u/s scheduled for Sept 10th

pregnancy stats from baby #4:
12dpo= HCG 112
15dpo= HCG 586
Doubling time= 30.16

August 5th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Baby #6 EDD 5/25/14
So far everyone close to us knows, except my oldest son. I really want to make sure things are ok, so I don't have to explain any bad news to him. I'm not concerned with this pg, but just being extra cautious with him. We just lost my mom a year ago, and he was SUPER close to her!! She was his EVERYTHING! So I'd hate to have to explain another loss. As for extended fam. I haven't told yet, cause I just don't talk to them that often. It'll trickle down the line. lol!
Everyone was happy, except for my MIL! I'm sure you guys all read the thread i posted. Ignorant!!
Karen (34), mom to five (soon six) beautiful children....DS (15), DD (7), DS (6), DS (2), DD (5mos) and expecting baby #6 late May 2014!!!*Please do not mention on FB*

Pregnancy stats for baby #6, due late May 2014:
BFP (approx) 8dpo
(approx) 10dpo= HCG-31
(approx) 12dpo= HCG-123
(doubling time of 22.73 hours!!! )
8wk u/s appt scheduled for Oct. 14th

Prgnancy stats from baby #5:
13dpo= HCG-120, P4-20.5
19dpo= HCG-1427, (P4 was not taken again)
Doubling time = 40.31hrs
27dpo= HCG-19,935
Doubling = 50.47hrs (from 19dpo to 27dpo)
First doc appt & u/s scheduled for Sept 10th

pregnancy stats from baby #4:
12dpo= HCG 112
15dpo= HCG 586
Doubling time= 30.16

August 5th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We've told our parents and my siblings. They were VERY excited!! We're going to wait a few more weeks to let everyone else know.

August 5th, 2009, 10:14 AM
onelove1109's Avatar Super Mommy
I had to tell my boss right away so he doesn't put me in OP with the N2O being used..so of course all the girls in the office know now..but thats it.

We are holding off on telling everyone this time. We want to wait until our fourth round of goooood betas and 3rd ultrasound with heartbeat at least..@6 weeks we will start getting ultrasound done every 2 weeks so hopefully will be able to start shouting it from the roof tops by 10 weeks.

Thanks so much Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy!

August 5th, 2009, 11:03 AM
lovebeforefirstsight2
Well I wanted to wait a while this time because I had a missed miscarriage back in March and my in-laws were super excited and I'm scared of letting them down again.. but we are going to the beach on Sunday and my hubby really wants to tell them. They would have known something was up anyway because I wouldn't be drinking daquiries with them! So I guess if he wants to tell them then we will (I am thankful he is so excited!). So that will make his immediate family, my mom, and people at work (just because I'm a nurse and there are certain things I can't do anymore because I am being super-cautious with my little bean). No extended family or friends for a while. Actually I haven't told my sisters or my dad either. I think I'll wait til I get to the doctor before I tell them... and then probably everyone else at 12weeks.
August 5th, 2009, 11:13 AM
shanna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was hesitant to tell anyone this time around since it has been so long since we had DD (she just turned 4 yesterday) and alot of people didn't think we'd ever want another child. I've always been on the fence about another baby until about 6 months ago and I finally felt like it was time. I'm super excited, but also very scared due to the PPD I had with DD and the bonding issues. I think it will be easier this time around though and am praying for a good pregnancy with little stress unlike my pregnancy with her.

You guys were the first to know then I posted it on my other board I post at all the time with close friends. We then told a friend IRL friends and finally his mom & dad. I got the courage to tell my mom finally, but got some negativity from her (it was expected) she seems to be a little better now about it. I haven't told my dad yet or my grandmother. My grandmother will be really negative, she's always telling me you don't need anymore kids. It hurts when it's negative, but I kinda expect it so I hope it will be better.
August 5th, 2009, 11:46 AM
esli232's Avatar Veteran
Well, I only told my son, Bonham. I wanted him to go tell his daddy that he was going to be a big brother I didn't really think it through I guess. Although it took me all morning to get him to tell Mike, he wouldn't quit saying it after that. So, it's getting around pretty fast! I'm not quite ready for everyone to know, but oh well

Last edited by esli232; August 5th, 2009 at 01:55 PM.
August 5th, 2009, 07:33 PM
lilflower
I haven't told anyone. It's just ME and some girls on here. I don't know if I'm going to. Maybe I'll wait until the second trimester.
August 5th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I told one of my good friends, but that's it! We probably won't be telling anyone until at least the first ultrasound.
August 5th, 2009, 07:47 PM
RockinAsh's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandpaper06 View Post

I totally understand how you feel. I got pregnant with DD#2 when my daughter was only 7 months. Now, DD #2 is 7 months and I am pregnant again!
I thought the same way, that everyone would think I was crazy. But, everyone was really happy for us, and supportive.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search