Alisha's (sandpaper06) Pregnany Journal *updated*

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 7th, 2009, 10:23 AM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
Anyone may comment if they would like!

August 7

This pregnancy has taken me by surprise. Just for background, DH and I TTC for 13 months to get pregnant with DS1. I think a lot of the problem had to do with my hypothyroidism, which is actually pretty severe. Once that got regulated, we were pregnant a couple of months later.

DS1 was born 6 weeks early due to my water breaking and going into natural labor with him. I'm grateful I didn't have to have an emergency C-section with him but we were totally blindsided by his birth so early. We didn't have anything ready for him, and his room was still pink.

Because it took a while to get pregnant with DS, DH wanted to start trying for a baby sooner than I thought (and still think) I was ready. I decided to appease him and told him that for July, I would let him know when my most fertile days were, and we could try. Our deal was that if we didn't end up pregnant, we wouldn't try again until DS was 1.

We all know how that turned out. Here we are, due on April 8th, 2010.

This is my journal, right? So I can say that I am glad that we're breaking tradition within DH's side of the family. None of his sisters has ever had a baby in an even year. We wanted to break that one. Sadly though, both of our siblings that are "still in production" had babies in June, so this LO won't have a cousin to play with on either side that is very close to his age. Although, I guess 10 months is close enough.

My pregnancy confirmation appointment was yesterday. I have an ultrasound scheduled for next Thursday and labs due the next week (thyroid levels). I'm excited in a totally overwhelmed sort of way.

August 18

I had my ultrasound last week, and it was too early to see anything besides the gestational sac and yolk sac. I am a little concerned about that because I KNOW when I ovulated. I suppose it could take longer to implant or something and that might make me a little behind what I am expecting.

Anyway, because it was too early, I go in for a second ultrasound on the 24th in the early morning. Well, early for me anyway. I'll need to leave my house before 8 to get there in time. With the DS in tow. It'll be interesting.

I have told my mom that I'm pregnant and she just laughed at me. I don't know what to think about that! You'd think she'd be a little more supportive. And, although I know this little guy is coming a lot sooner than anyone would probably choose (or at least me) I still think I deserve a congratulations. I hope everyone doesn't react the same. You can only be laughed at so many times.
Caroline - November '12

Last edited by sandpaper06; August 18th, 2009 at 09:57 AM.
August 10th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad that you guys have broken the tradition! Cant wait for your ultrasound

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search