Candi's unexpected happy surprise

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2009, 07:33 AM
homeschooling mom of 2
Things are crazy around here lately. DH dislikes working in NYC and we've decided to put our house in NJ up FSBO while he seeks out a job back home in MI or considers transferring to TX with his current job. I'm busy prepping the house and the fact he might have to move first without DD and I while we wait for the house is sinking in. I'm also gearing up for our first official year of homeschooling now that DD is 5 (we've been technically homeschooling since birth as far as I'm concerned but I'm trying to get more organized now that she's of school age). So we weren't TTC at all though lately I'd been talking to DH about it since my clock has been screaming at me (I'm 34) and I just wanted him to agree that we might consider a 2nd in the next year or so after everything settled down.

My period was due last Saturday, normally I have really bad cramping and a miserable first day each month. We were planning to take our daughter to NYC to the Bronx zoo so I wasn't looking forward to being folded over in pain. I realized as I was getting ready that I didn't have any symptoms at all of it starting soon, for no reason I can explain I decided to take one of the EPT's I had from ebay (while not TTC sometimes we're not overly careful though we'd been not overly careful numerous times in the past 5 yrs so I never expected one or two slipups a month to amount to anything but had the tests cuz I'm obsessive if my period is a day late even) anyways so for the heck of it I take the test, toss it on the counter as I go back to cleaning up and then glance over it and about fall down! It's positive!!! I force myself to pee a tiny bit again so I can take another, yup another positive!!!

There go any cute ideas of ways to tell him I've thought of in the past, I run upstairs and wake him up and shove the tests in his face with my shaking hand. It takes him a min to realize what I'm showing him and saying and he hugs me. It took us 6 months of intense TTC to get pg with our DD 6 years ago so the one little slip up leading to this is still so surprising.

We knew we couldn't wait to tell our DD and were preparing for the worst (she's always been adamant about NOT wanting a sibling) so I had DH go to the store to get her a book about mommy being pregnant (went with one from Sears), brought her into our bed to snuggle and I read it to her. I watched her as I was reading it and she was just listening. I finished and asked her if she had any idea why I read the book to her and she said no, I said "are you sure you have no idea why I'd read you a story about a baby in mommy's belly?" and this little lightbulb goes off in her eyes, she gets this HUGE smile and JUMPS on DH hugging him and kissing him and shouts "there is a baby? in your tummy? YEAH!!!!!" DH started crying he was so taken back with her reaction. We're beyond thrilled that she's happy, she talks about it nonstop and suddenly loves her before unloved baby dolls.

We're heading home to MI to see family this coming weekend, we're going to tell them in person then.... they will all be shocked, after over 5yrs they had all given up on us having another hehehe I can't wait to see their faces, I'm going to put a "big sister to be" shirt on Aliya and just wait to see how long it takes them to read it and figure it out
August 10th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Awwww how sweet that DD took it better than you expected! Happy and Healthy 9 months!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search