Liz's Journal for baby #1 and #2

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2009, 07:34 AM
LIZZYI's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Monday August 10, 2009
6 weeks 3 days

So I finally decided to write a journal. I was hesitant at first due to my past history but I decided I was being silly.

Background: My name is Liz (30) and DH is Patrick (33). We found out on 7/21 that we are expecting. Of course we are so excited. We have been TTC since Nov. '08. In January we did get a BFP but we lost that little bean at 7 weeks on March 2nd. We were devastated but eager to TTC again right away. Our journey began again in April and now here we are!!

Due to my past loss I am really nervous about this pregnancy. I had some spotting yesterday and it is freaking me out. It's not much and seems to have ended but every little thing is making me crazy!! I can't wait for my first appt. on 8/19.

My symptoms so far are food aversions (can't stand the smell of ketchup), constipation (I think this is from my vitamins), vivid dreams about such random things, and some neausea (no vomitting, thank goodness).

Feel free to post comments!

Last edited by LIZZYI; August 31st, 2009 at 01:56 PM.
August 10th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I cant wait for your first appt either. Congratulations!
August 29th, 2009, 03:44 PM
9 Weeks 2 Days

I have been really bad at keeping up with this journal. Well I had my 1st appt. on Aug. 19th and got the biggest surprise of my life. We were told that we are having twins. We were never expecting that. Twins doesn't even run in our families. I am both excited and scared. I just hope that they both are healthy. My next appt. is Sept. 16th and I will be getting another ultrasound.

I'm feeling ok. I am really tired all the time. Sometimes I feel like I can't even function. I don't really have an appetite and I don't think I have gained any weight yet. I'm trying to drink a lot of water but that's been hard for me as well. I do have periods of nausea but haven't spilled my guts yet (thank goodness).

September 13th, 2009, 09:35 AM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know if I've actually said this yet, but I thought I had...congratulations on the twins!! I'm doubly excited for you now!

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
October 12th, 2009, 10:46 AM
15 weeks 3 days

I've been so bad keeping up with this. Not much has happened. Since our 1st ultrasound we have seen the babies 3 more times. They get bigger and bigger each time and every time we see them baby B is moving all over the place and baby A is sleeping. I guess we know who our trouble maker will be! I love it! We had out NT screening and it came back perfect, no issues and at every ultrasound they are measuring right on time. So far, I have gained about 8lbs.

I feel so much better. No more m/s or food aversions and in the last week or so my appetite has increased. I was getting a little worried that I wasn't eating enough because I was never hungry. I can no longer fit in my jeans or clothes my dress pants. I actually bought 2 pairs of maternity dress pants for work and wore them for the first time last week. They are so comfy and so much better then rigging my pre-pregnancy clothes to fit around my growing waistline . You can now tell that I am pregnant however sometimes I just feel fat.

I have been feeling a "flutter" here and there (not everyday) but I am not to sure if it's the babies or not.

October 18th, 2009, 06:35 AM
16 weeks 2 days

i am still feeling pretty good. I went to the doctor on Thursday for a regular f/u and both babies are doing fine. I got to hear both of their heartbeats which is always awesome to hear. They drew more blood for another test, AFP test I think. It tests for the odds of babies having spina bifida. I should have the result in about 5 days. The doctor told me no news is good news so i am hoping that I don't here from them .

My appetite has increased so much and my cravings have kicked in. I don't have a craving for one specific food but all of a sudden I'll want potato chips or soup etc. I'm still feeling my flutters but still not sure if it is really the babies. I can't wait for the moment I can say that it is. Other then that things are going well. My next appt with my doctor is 11/12 and my Level 2 ultrasound is on 11/16.

October 26th, 2009, 09:22 AM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was also not sure at first if the flutters where the baby or just my uterus expanding or something like that, but they have become stronger and more frequent the past few days, so I'm pretty sure it's the baby doing tricks in there! It must be awesome to feel two babies moving, double the fun!!! Congrats on your two healthy babies!

October 30th, 2009, 04:15 PM
18 Weeks

Well I can definitely say that I can feel the babies moving and I felt it from the outside for the 1st time today! They were so active today. I am so excited. Other then that nothing new. I am feeling great!

I will keep you posted!

November 15th, 2009, 08:22 AM
20 weeks 2 days

I saw my belly moving for the first time the other day, it was so weird. The twin that is closest to my belly button is very active and that is the one I can see. DH was able to see it as well. The other twin is really low so I can't see that one as much.

I have my level 2 u/s tomorrow. DH and I are debating on whether or not to find out the sexes. I really don't want to know but a little part of me does. I think it will probably be a last minute decision.

I am feeling ok. i get really tired at about 4pm. My biggest complaint is that I have been having trouble sleeping. I have restless leg syndrome and it sucks, plus my belly is kind of big so it gets in the way . Other then that I can't really complain. i can't believe I am half way to seeing my babies! Actually, i can complain about something....my weight! I know I am carrying twins but I have gained 20lbs so far. I started at 103lbs and I am now 123lbs!! My belly is so big that people think I am close to the end. I don't know how much bigger I can get!!!

November 19th, 2009, 01:14 AM
Veteran
Hiya,
Your journal so far is great to read, i was pregnant with twins in 2005 but sadly lost both at seperate times, so i find your journal particulary great, intriging and exciting to read!!!!
Have you got any belly pictures and scan pictures???? Did you find out the sexes???
You sound like you are doing great.

Kind Regards

Vanessa

ALL MY LIL GIRLIES TOGETHER...MUMMY LOVES YOU ALL BABIES
ALL MY FAMILY..LOVE YOU ALL
November 23rd, 2009, 04:38 PM
21 weeks 3 days

So I was able to stay strong and we did not find out the sexes of the babies. I really want to be surprised but I was afraid that I would succumb to the pressure.

Both babies are doing great. They both weigh about 15 oz and are measuring a week ahead of themselves (my appt was a week ago so they are probably bigger now). All of their organs and limbs seem to be in the right place. It was so cool to see them on u/s again now that they are so big. They are both head down lying next to each other. I can feel and see Baby A moving all the time but Baby B has a anterior placenta so I don't really feel any movement on that side of my belly yet. They believe that the twins are fraternal.

I am still feeling good. I still have trouble sleeping and get leg cramps but I am learning to live with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanessa26 View Post
Hiya,
Your journal so far is great to read, i was pregnant with twins in 2005 but sadly lost both at seperate times, so i find your journal particulary great, intriging and exciting to read!!!!
Have you got any belly pictures and scan pictures???? Did you find out the sexes???
You sound like you are doing great.

Kind Regards

Vanessa
I am so sorry for the loss of you little ones.

I haven't uploaded all of my pics to my computer but I do plan on posting them as soon as I do.

Thanks for reading my journal

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search