2 under 2! Am I crazy? - The life of pregnant mom to a toddler

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2009, 09:38 PM
So I am pregnant, things happen. I think this is a blessing in disguise. Or so I tell myself every 10 minutes for the last 48 hours. We were going to wait till DS was a little older but now we are not. Everything happens for a reason.

Right now at this exact moment I am excited, I can't wait. DS is beeping around the room being cute, sharing his water with me, not making a mess and being a perfect boy and so I want 100 more. This afternoon when he wouldn't nap, was grumpy, bitting everything and throwing fits I was not so excited and thought OMG what am I going to do. I imagine this journey will be like that for the next 20 years or so.

Dh is so happy, even this afternoon when I was going to kill something he was in a good mood. His face lite up like the flash bulbs on the red carpet when he finally figured it out. More to come on that later.

The first time I was terrible about keeping up a journal, but I think that was because I tried to do it with a pen and paper and I just can not write as fast as I can type. This time I am going to be good about it. I want everything. The second kids gets left out of everything as least this one will have my pregnancy journal.

If you feel like commenting go for it! Unless you have something mean to say - Only I can say mean things to myself, Thank You Very Much.

Tickers:

Last edited by pumpkin_bottoms_mom; August 14th, 2009 at 10:07 PM.
August 12th, 2009, 05:50 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
are we allowed to comment on journals?? im not sure tell me if not hello :-) You are not crazy at all my LO was 1 year old (well 2 days shy of 1 year) when my youngest daughter was born! and now im pregnant again and the new baby is going to be born 2 months before my oldest turns 3 so i will have 3 under 3!! lol

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

August 12th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Sarah - It is up to the journal maker about comments and I am fine with them. And 3 under 3! Wow, I don't know how you are going to do it.

The one thing that helps me is thinking I don't have to switch modes, I am in diapering mode, I am in BF mode. I have no idea what it is like to STTN again. So I am not having to go back and do the baby thing all over again.
August 13th, 2009, 09:59 AM
4 Weeks 5 Days

Tuesday I ate enough food to feed an army, seriously I ate the entire day. Yesterday I was at work and not at home where I had access to food all day.

The MS started. I ate something and it went away. I didn't want it to start this early. It is off and on still so that is good. I just have to get back into the keep something in your stomach all day kick. I am also having to get up twice in the middle of the night to pee.

I guess it is time for the night light again.

Still so tired. Nathan doesn't understand that mommy needs sleep too. *LOL* Crazy kid. I tried to talk to him last night about how the first 3 months were hard and as I had one kid being hard on my body I needed him to be extra nice and a good boy. I don't think it took as he woke up every 2 - 4 hours last night wanting to nurse. We need to put a stop to these night nursings, but I don't know how!

Ok as promised here is the story of how we told John. Last time it was such a shock that I was pregnant I was actually taking the test to shut my husband up and prove that I was not PG so I did it when I got home, John and our Best Friend Ben were working out in the living room. Needless to say I came out of the bathroom in shock and told John right in the middle of the living room by crying. Great right? *LOL* So I said next time I am going to do it better. I got a cute I am going to be a Big Brother shirt for Nathan to wear and some cute XS diapers ( we cloth diaper), I was ready for when it happened next year.

So when I got that second line and got past the freaking out I went and gathered my supplies and prayed that John would come home before Nathan went to bed. Giving him a shirt is so not the same as a cute toddler running up to you with it on. Nathan and I rehearsed I gave him the diapers and he practiced running to the door and giving them to Daddy.

It was perfect. John came home, I handed him the diaper, he ran to his Daddy (dropping the diapers along the way) and stoped short just perfect so John could see his shirt. John was confused he kept looking at it and said how did you get this so soon we just found out. I realised he thought it said cousin as we just found out that his Brother was going to have twins. He read it again and it clicked this time, he was shocked now and said what? Why is he wearing that? He looked at me and said really? I said yes, really he said again and I said yes. His face was as bright as the Las Vegas Strip and he scooped up Nathan and came to me with a big. It was perfect!!!

On a side note we are going to be using the shirt to tell everyone, I think it is so cute.
August 14th, 2009, 10:31 PM
4 Weeks 6 days

So here is a question. If I am 4 weeks 6 days am I in my 4th week or my 5th week?

Do I say I am 4 weeks or 5 weeks pregnant?

And why can't we cacluate from Ovulattion, Seriously, I was not pregnant the first 2 weeks it counts.
My SIL is from Japan and they don't count those 2 weeks you are not pregnant. American's make everything harder.

Today was a good day. Just tired, got a little sick for a minute but I ate and it was all better. Took a test to make sure I was still pregnant. I still saw 2 lines. Yeah. Last time I took one test and never tested again. This time I keep testing just to make sure.

Even Nathan was good today, slept from midnight to 9 with no nursing! Victory for mom! He did however throw his entire dinner on the floor, so score for Toddler. Nugget gets non today, I didn't get sick!

Oh and I told my parents last night, with the shirt, they didn't read it, I had to tell them too after a while. They are exicited about having another grandchild. My mom did ask when I found out and I said Sunday and she responded with "But it's Thursday!" I told my sister over the phone today and she is also happy. John told his Brother who is also expecting twins and they were also exicited. We will tell Nathan's Godparents and our best friend Monday and then that is it for now, we are going to try to wait till 12 weeks... I will see how that goes, I was going to wait till I had an ultrasound to tell my parents.
August 16th, 2009, 09:48 PM
5 Weeks, 1 day. In my 6th Week. (I made up my mind about that, I am going off my Mayo Clinic Book.)

So I got sick today while changing poopy diapers. Almost lost dinner (2 points, 1 each to the off spring) This will be a long 3 months if that keeps up.
Also crazy hicups for the last 3 days. I forgot about those all through out my past pregnancy. Anoying to say the least. Another point for Nugget.
Nathan was a monster today, took 3 bites of food and threw it all on the floor for every meal and wanted to eat every hour. ( 2 points to him for that)
I tried to nap but that didn't happen, I am so tired during nap time but can't sleep.

Anyways this week Nugget is forming more of the nubs for limbs and what will become his mouth and neck. How awesome is that?

This entry is not really entertaining or funny. But Nothing entertaining or funny happened.

PS as much as a Monster as Nathan is, he is still the love of my life and dose cute things.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search