Recipes!!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Baby #6 EDD 5/25/14
Please add your favorite recipes, or links to recipes you've found on the internet!

(these recipes can be for dinners, appetizers, drinks, deserts, side dishes, or anything you'd like to add!)

Thanks ladies!!

Last edited by goingfor4; August 14th, 2009 at 06:35 PM.
August 14th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Baby #6 EDD 5/25/14
Greek Fries

Prepare fries of your choice. (fresh cut potatoes, frozen, baked, any kind is fine, as long as they aren't seasoned) Just after fries are done, and still hot, add crumbled (pasteurized) feta cheese, oregano, salt, and lemon on top. Toss a lil and you're done. There really aren't measurements. I guess it's all "season to taste". Add as much, or as lil, of each as you like.
Karen (34), mom to five (soon six) beautiful children....DS (15), DD (7), DS (6), DS (2), DD (5mos) and expecting baby #6 late May 2014!!!*Please do not mention on FB*

Pregnancy stats for baby #6, due late May 2014:
BFP (approx) 8dpo
(approx) 10dpo= HCG-31
(approx) 12dpo= HCG-123
(doubling time of 22.73 hours!!! )
8wk u/s appt scheduled for Oct. 14th

Prgnancy stats from baby #5:
13dpo= HCG-120, P4-20.5
19dpo= HCG-1427, (P4 was not taken again)
Doubling time = 40.31hrs
27dpo= HCG-19,935
Doubling = 50.47hrs (from 19dpo to 27dpo)
First doc appt & u/s scheduled for Sept 10th

pregnancy stats from baby #4:
12dpo= HCG 112
15dpo= HCG 586
Doubling time= 30.16

August 17th, 2009, 07:27 PM
peaches84's Avatar Super Mommy
oh i'm going to love this, I love to cook

I've made these a few times and people seem to love them, they are somewhat time consuming but worth it every once in a while. I got the recipes from allrecipes

Baby BLT

Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes Ready In: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Servings: 24

"Cherry tomatoes stuffed with a mixture of bacon, green onion, and mayonnaise. They may be a little time consuming, but worth it to the last bite!"
Ingredients:
1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup green onions, chopped 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
24 cherry tomatoes

Directions:
1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat for 6 to 8 minutes, or until evenly brown. Once cooled, crumble and set aside.
2. In a bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, bacon, green onions, and parsley until well blended. Set aside.
3. Cut a small slice from the top of each tomato. Using a melon baller or small spoon, scoop out the inside of each tomato and discard. Fill each tomato with the bacon mixture, and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve chilled.

6/15/13
August 19th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Baby #6 EDD 5/25/14
This is a link to a recipe for Sausage and Pepper Baked Ziti. It is awesome!!!

Sausage and Pepper Baked Ziti - Goodhousekeeping.com

FYI--I make the sausage in a big pot, not a skillet. This is because I just add the the ingredients without removing anything. I also add extra spices. (basil, oregano, extra garlic) This does make a HUGE amount, if you don't split it into two dinners. If you're gonna freeze half, do not add the cheese until you are ready to thaw and heat. This is a great recipe to make before we go into labor! Dads can reheat this easily, when we are busy with our newborns!
Karen (34), mom to five (soon six) beautiful children....DS (15), DD (7), DS (6), DS (2), DD (5mos) and expecting baby #6 late May 2014!!!*Please do not mention on FB*

Pregnancy stats for baby #6, due late May 2014:
BFP (approx) 8dpo
(approx) 10dpo= HCG-31
(approx) 12dpo= HCG-123
(doubling time of 22.73 hours!!! )
8wk u/s appt scheduled for Oct. 14th

Prgnancy stats from baby #5:
13dpo= HCG-120, P4-20.5
19dpo= HCG-1427, (P4 was not taken again)
Doubling time = 40.31hrs
27dpo= HCG-19,935
Doubling = 50.47hrs (from 19dpo to 27dpo)
First doc appt & u/s scheduled for Sept 10th

pregnancy stats from baby #4:
12dpo= HCG 112
15dpo= HCG 586
Doubling time= 30.16

August 19th, 2009, 11:35 AM
jojobug414's Avatar Mommy to a Miracle
Here's a link to a non-alcoholic bananas foster recipe that I use often. It's just as good as the real thing to me! I know we need to eat healthy, but a little indulgence once in awhile won't hurt!

Bananas Foster (Non alcoholic)

August 26th, 2009, 04:08 PM
AlexasMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AlexasMomma
ok its not a major thing but my 2 favorite things to eat are really simple quick snacks and they are pretty healthy the first one you get a peice of bread put creamy peanut butter on it and sliced apples on top of that the other one you toast bread put creamy peanut butter on that then a dime sized drop of honey and spread the honey around and enjoy its so so good and fast
August 26th, 2009, 05:04 PM
jojobug414's Avatar Mommy to a Miracle
I do the toasted bread with pb and honey too! I also put some wheat germ on it, which you don't really taste but you get some more nutrients from it. We call it goo-roo toast in my family don't ask lol.

August 27th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Kodithegirl's Avatar Super Mommy
ooo I love this, Karen!!

My favorite food of all time is cheesey chicken and rice!

Grill several pieces of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Boil a box of Minute Rice with 1 part water and 3 parts chicken stock
Once the rice is finished, mix in poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, and 2 cans of chicken gravy and spread into a cassserole dish
place the chicken on top of the rice (you can stop here if you want...this is how I eat it, and it's AMAZING)
You can also sprinkle cheddar cheese on top and bake it for about 10 to 15 minutes to give it a cheesey crust on top!

This makes a really great leftover meal, too. (I usually will make it with leftover chicken since the rice takes about 7 minutes in all!)

We just re-worked everything! Completely new fabric options, Slings, 6 new bedding options, Custom vinyl wall decals, and much much more!! $5 off for any justmommies.com forum members!!

August 27th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Kodithegirl's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh and I have another one...this is my favorite dessert!

thaw out a bag of frozen strawberries (has to be the no sugar added kind)
use a fork or a potato masher to mush them all up
Mash up 3 or 4 bananas
fold the fruit in with 2 tubs of cool whip

I actually eat this for breakfast a lot, too!

My other favorite dessert:

cook 2 small or 1 large chocolate cook and serve pudding packages
Cool for a few hours
Once cool, fold in a tub of cool whip...easy way to make a chocolate mousse! LOVE it!

My last recipe for the moment is my Christmas fudge:
put 1 cup of creamy peanut butter and 1 package of cream drops candy in an 8x8 glass pan or glass pie pan
melt in the microwave for 2 minutes
AS SOON as the microwave stops, pull out the pan and using a rubber scraper, mix together well
Let cool for 10 minutes and you're ready to go!

We just re-worked everything! Completely new fabric options, Slings, 6 new bedding options, Custom vinyl wall decals, and much much more!! $5 off for any justmommies.com forum members!!

August 27th, 2009, 10:59 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
This will probably make most of us want to hurl! We had it tonight and I ate quite a bit of it. But I kept the spice down, normally we really amp it up!!

Buffalo Chicken Pizza

1 lb. chicken
premade pizza crust
ranch or blue cheese dressing
hot sauce
mozzarella cheese

dice and cook chicken until brown then add hot sauce to taste
spread dressing on crust
add chicken then cheese as top layer
cook in 425-degree oven 15 min. or until cheese is melted and brown!

Here's an appetizer too. It's super simple and very tasty!

1 tube of premade crescent rolls
1 brick of cream cheese
dill
1 egg

spread the crescent rolls and pinch together the seams (I've seen sheets of it, but only once!). sprinkle some dill in the center and place the cream cheese on it. coat the rest of the cream cheese in dill entirely. wrap up the cream cheese and brush with egg. bake at 350 for the time indicated on the directions for the crescent rolls. enjoy with crackers or on it's own! yummy!!

I'm making this tomorrow... I seriously love cream cheese!
September 2nd, 2009, 04:26 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is my favorite roasted chicken recipe. I cut back on the salt though.

Roast Sticky Chicken-Rotisserie Style

"Ever wish you could get that restaurant style rotisserie chicken at home? Well, with minimal preparation and about 5 hours cooking time (great for the weekends!) you can! These chickens are rubbed with a spice mixture, and slow roasted in the oven for 5 hours."
Ingredients:
4 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon white pepper

1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 onions, quartered
2 (4 pound) whole chickens
Directions:
1. In a small bowl, mix together salt, paprika, onion powder, thyme, white pepper, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder. Remove and discard giblets from chicken. Rinse chicken cavity, and pat dry with paper towel. Rub each chicken inside and out with spice mixture. Place 1 onion into the cavity of each chicken. Place chickens in a resealable bag or double wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight, or at least 4 to 6 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
3. Place chickens in a roasting pan. Bake uncovered for 5 hours, to a minimum internal temperature of 180 degrees F (85 degrees C). Let the chickens stand for 10 minutes before carving.

September 15th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Here's my favorite pork chop recipe. This is a Weight Watchers recipe. It's really good.
Chili-Rubbed Pork Chops

2 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp packed light brown sugar
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
20 oz lean pork loin, boneless center-cut chops, four 5 oz pieces 1 spray(s) cooking spray

* In a small bowl, combine chili powder, brown sugar, cumin, cinnamon, salt and pepper.

* Butterfly pork chops by laying them flat on a cutting board and slicing in half horizontally, stopping a 1/2-inch from edge to keep halves attached. Pry chops open, then flatten them on your work surface. Rub spice mixture on both sides of chops. Place chops on a plate, cover, and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.

* Coat grill rack or a large grill pan with cooking spray; heat grill or set pan over medium heat. (Note: Never spray cooking spray directly into a heat source, whether a grill or a stove.)

* Grill chops for 3 minutes, then turn and continue cooking until grill marks appear and chops are firm, about 4 minutes more. (An instant-read meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of a chop should register 160°F.) Transfer to a serving plate or cutting board; let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yields 1 chop per serving.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search