Krista's Pregnancy Journal!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2009, 09:58 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At first i just posted a link in here to my other journal i have, but i decided to copy and paste for you instead. That way it'll be easier for you all.

April 18, 2009:

Hi everyone! You have know idea how excited i am to be starting this journal!! I considered waiting a while to make sure this pregnancy is going to stick but i thought what the heck!

I'm Krista (21) and DH is Jimmy (24). We've been married for 2 years exactly (today is our anniversary! ) We've been TTC our first miracle since December 2008. We got pregnant on our sixth cycle but sadly it ended in a m/c. We were devastated but decided to start trying again right away. 2 cycles later and we're pregnant again! We are both feeling so blessed and are so excited!!! I had spotting starting at 11 DPO last time and so far NONE what-so-ever with this baby! I'm having a lot of creamy CM instead and i think that's a very good sign! We are extremely hopeful this time around. I have a good feeling this baby is healthy and we'll be holding them in April.

Something is also different about how DH and I are both acting. DH seems a lot more excited, probably because i'm not spotting so he's more hopeful this time. He already acts like such a good daddy. He gets down close to my belly and talks to baby sometimes. It's the cutest thing in the world. He's very attentive to my needs and is asking a lot of questions about how i feel. As for me, i just have a feeling this is my sticky bean and i keep thinking about having this baby in April compared to last time i was so unsure. I am of course still nervous because it is so early, but i'm trying to think the best. I know people say you should enjoy every part of your pregnancy but i wish i could fast forward to about 8 weeks, because i know i'd feel even better about this baby sticking. All we can do is pray.

***My EDD is April 26***

Here are all my symptoms:
1 DPO: Exhausted in evening (probably just coincidence since i was only 1 DPO! )
2 DPO: Woke up feeling hungrier than usual.
3 DPO: Creamy-sticky CM. Slight cramping near ovaries.
4 DPO: Creamy-sticky CM. DTD felt really uncomfortable and even burned.
5 DPO: Exhausted. Had to pee really bad in early morning.
6 DPO: Lots of creamy-sticky CM. Exhausted. Felt very slightly nauseous when i woke up. Had to pee really badly around 4 AM. Felt like i was starting to get a UTI (but i wasn't).
7 DPO: Creamy-sticky CM. Got some sharp pains near my right ovary. I coughed once and i got the pain so bad it dropped me to the floor Boobs are a little sore when touched. Face started breaking out. Gassy. Bloated. Low back pain.
8 DPO: Creamy-sticky CM. Had to pee badly around 4 AM. Exhausted off and on. Boobs were a little sore when touched. Very bloated. Felt irritable. Peeing more frequently. Felt weak easily. AF-like cramps (very mild). DTD was very uncomfortable and felt like a burning, it felt very "different".
9 DPO: Less CM today. Exhausted off and on. Irritable. Cervix was low and closed. Boobs are more sore. Gassy. Bloated. Peeing frequently. AF-like cramps. Acid reflex was acting up, heartburn.
10 DPO: Creamy-watery CM (weird!) Exhausted. Woke up having to pee really bad. Was so hungry when i woke up it made me feel slightly nauseous. Frequent urination. AF-like cramps in evening. Slight pain around right ovary. Sore boobs. Very bloated. Gassy.
11 DPO: BFP!!! Creamy-watery CM. Exhausted. Woke up again having to pee badly and very hungry. Pretty strong AF-like cramps. Pain in lower stomach, felt like a slight burning. Sore boobs. Low back pain. Peeing often. Bloated.
12 DPO: Same as above except burning pain in stomach is gone. Slight pain around left ovary. Creamy CM.
13 DPO: Same as above. Dizziness. Gassy. Headache.

And today the symptoms are pretty similar. I woke up feeling somewhat nauseous (not bad but more than so far) and couldn't sleep past 5 AM. I hope i don't get too sick during my pregnancy but if that's what happens then i know it'll be so worth it!! I get really exhausted at times which is hard if i'm out and about. The period-like cramps are so odd to me! It feels exactly like AF and it just trips me out

***Comments are welcome***

Last edited by amazing_love; August 20th, 2009 at 07:44 AM.
August 20th, 2009, 07:46 AM
4 weeks, 3 days:

Still no spotting. I've been having some pain near my right and left ovaries from time to time and it worries me that something could be wrong with baby. I know i'm going to worry for a while. My newest symptom is extreme irritability. I get really grumpy easily. It seems odd since i'm really very happy, but i've heard from other ladies it's normal. My boobs have been a lot bigger as well. They've been like this for a few days. I'm nervous about how big they'll get since they were big to start with.

Jimmy has been so involved. I have the book "Your pregnancy week by week" and he's been reading it with me. So far we've only read week 3 and 4 and he's already been asking when we get to read the next chapter. It's super cute.

My diet has been quite a bit healthier than it usually is. I've been trying super hard to make good food choices. I'm eating more fruits and veggies than i ever have and i'm pretty sure i beat my record for the longest time not eating chocolate. I plan to keep this up as long as i can. I've been lucky so far and haven't been nauseous much. When it does come, it's very mild. My current weight is 129. I'm not scared at all to gain, i'm actually excited because that means baby is growing. I assume i'll gain between 20-30 pounds but am just going to let my body do what it needs to.

August 20th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Brannyt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know how you feel about the cramping. This is my first pregnancy and I've been having cramps and twinges around my ovaries since a couple of days before my BFP. But, from what I'm hearing, it's absolutely normal.

I also didn't know if it was just me or if I really was having mood swings this early on, so I'm glad you are too. Judging by (late) ovulation, I'm only 1 day ahead of you!

I'll keep your bean in my thoughts, and pray that both stick!

When is your first dr appt?
August 20th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Thanks! I get more relieved every time i hear about someone else experiencing what i am because it gives me reassurance that it's normal.

I haven't officially set up my first appointment because i don't yet have an OBGYN. I found one i think i might like though so i'm hoping to set an appt up with her today.

August 20th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Oooohh, well hopefully you can get in relatively early.

Maybe it's just because I've never done this before, but for some reason I've always thought that you find out you're expecting and then automatically get seen by a doctor. I already made my first appt but found out that they won't see me til I'm 8 weeks minimum.

I know there's a reason for it, but I just thought that they would at least have ya come in and make sure everything is looking good so far. I undertstand it from an u/s perspective, but I'm rather disappointed.

Anyway, I know some see patients at 6 weeks.

Anyway, great journal!
August 20th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Yup they typically don't see you unless there's a problem. Last time i was preggo i had so many early doctor appointments because i was spotting. I'm quite relieved to be waiting this time, makes me feel more normal

My first appointment is scheduled for September 24. It's the earliest they could get me in. I'll be more than 9 weeks by then I assume it's okay to wait this long? Oh well, guess it'll have to be. DH and I are going to meet the doctor September 15 to see if we like her (again, the earliest they could get us in).

Last edited by amazing_love; August 20th, 2009 at 03:34 PM.
August 21st, 2009, 06:22 PM
4 weeks, 4 days:

Today my boss offered me the head teacher position in the twos classroom. I told her i'd think about it but quickly decided it wasn't for me. It would've meant a pay increase, but it would have been sooooo much more work (aka stress) for me. I also don't think it would be fair to take it and then have them find out i'm pregnant and won't be staying long anyway. She did say she'll be bumping me up to 4 days instead of three a week. It's good for the reason i'll get more for the baby fund but bad because i've been so exhausted. Today at work there was a point i felt like falling asleep. I wonder how long i'll make it!

I've got some morning sickness! Not exactly thrilled but hey, it means i'm pregnant It hasn't been bad enough to throw up by any means, but i woke up a few times in the middle of the night because my stomach felt nauseous and this morning it was the same way before i ate. AF cramps are still here but not as frequent as before, i'm not peeing very often anymore, and i've been having some weird CM today. It's white, kinda gloppy, and even a little stretchy. I'm hoping it's not a bad sign or something.

Some of my pregnant friends on facebook were saying how nervous they are to have a belly. So many people feel fat or something. Maybe i just don't understand because i'm not there yet, but i'm so so so excited to have my baby bump! I must be an odd ball, or maybe it's because we were trying and they weren't?

After one full week of not taking a single HPT i'm going to use another tomorrow. I've been so freaking good!! I took 2 at 11 DPO and none since. I'm hoping it will be much darker tomorrow and make me feel even better about this pregnancy. I've had the thought enter my mind that it may not even have a second line anymore Of course i doubt that's likely. ha ha. We're going to garage sales tomorrow to look for some good baby bargains and i can't wait. I've been so excited about doing things like the nursery. I know i'm not even 5 weeks but i seriously can't wait!

Sorry this is so long. I have a lot on my mind right now and feel like my thoughts are kinda all over the place (preggo brain )

August 21st, 2009, 07:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey! Just wanted to say hi and yay for no spotting GL with work.... i'm totally exhaused too i'm so glad i have a desk job now! I was staying up until mid night before and now i'm in bed by 10:30 (and tonight... its 10 and i'm thinking of hitting the hay). Oh and i'm sorry you cant get a sooner appt... my co worker who is also pregnant can't get in until the end of Sept either, i guess mine must not be that busy because i have an appt on September 2nd!

August 22nd, 2009, 07:37 AM
I know how you feel. I already know what bassinet I want, and I feel like maybe I shouldn't be thinking about that at this point. It IS hard though, because it's so exciting!

And I can't wait to have a belly either! It'll be so exciting to know that the baby is in there, and actually look pregnant! So I know how you feel. I don't think that should make anyone feel "fat".
August 22nd, 2009, 02:13 PM
luvHim's Avatar Expecting #6
Krista ~ I can't tell you how happy I am to see you in a DDC again!! You went through alot and deserve a healthy pregnancy. I am glad you have no spotting and things seem to be more normal this time around.

I can identify with your feelings that this one is different and healthy. I've lost 3 babies and it seems sometimes a mama's intuition kicks in when something is not right. BTW, did you take another hpt today? LOL I know what you mean about taking them just to see that line get darker. I took one almost every day or every other day for a week or more with this one. It's just a good feeling to see those two pink lines!!

Hope everything continues to go great for you!

D~10 T~8 M~7 L~5 W~2

Angel #4
6wk6d February 11, 2012

August 22nd, 2009, 03:23 PM
Thanks! Sam, i feel like i can fall asleep around 8:00 recently! I just make myself stay up a little later because i feel it would be such a waste of the day.

Yup i took an HPT and it was much darker so i feel even better I feel a lot different about this pregnancy most of the time, but when i think about how early it still is and anything can happen it makes me really nervous. Putting my faith in God that he will give me my April baby. To be honest i feel a lot more attached to this one than the last (prolly cuz of all the spotting last time), but i will be so so heartbroken if anything ever happened.

Still thinking it's a boy

August 24th, 2009, 09:01 AM
5 Weeks!

DH told me yesterday "it seems like this baby is going to stick". He doesn't really seem worried in the least. He says there's no reason for us to think otherwise. He's so involved i love it! He wants to get some kind of daddy book about pregnancy for him to read and yesterday he was looking up "5 weeks along" online. And when i'm looking pregnancy stuff up he's always like "read me something". He's gonna be the best daddy ever

I'm happy to be 5 weeks along but can't wait until i'm 6 weeks even more because that's when we m/c last time. Today my ticker says our baby is 4-6 mm and it's vocal cords are forming and heart is beating and circulating blood.

August 24th, 2009, 01:10 PM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
DH and I saw a book at Walden Books that's a pretty humor Dad-to-Be book. For the life of me I cannot remember what its called, but its yellow (i realize that does not help in the least bit!).
I am so excited for you! I hope you dont mind I posted over here. I just couldn't be any happier for you and Jimmy!!!!!

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
August 24th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Of course i don't mind if you post over here silly! Although just so you know this is copied from my TTC #1 pregnancy journal

August 25th, 2009, 12:27 PM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
I must have missed some threads over at TTC#1Grad....I will post there.

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
August 26th, 2009, 04:55 AM
I really don't mind if you post here either hun. I just thought i'd let ya know

August 28th, 2009, 06:49 AM
5 Weeks, 4 Days:

I've been pretty paranoid recently. Yesterday DH and I got into an argument and i was so stressed and upset i felt like i was going to cause my body to m/c. Last time i m/c i was really stressed and we had gotten into a bad argument then as well so it's so hard not to relate it. I guess i blame myself in a way for our last bean not making it. DH says he doesn't think they were related. I mean my body was spotting before then and the argument had happened right after being told my betas were at zero (even though they really weren't). I've always thought maybe because i got so upset after that is why i lost my baby. So anyway, at the time (yesterday) it made me feel like a horrible mother for putting my baby through that stress again. DH says in the future he's going to try really hard to make sure we don't argue. I have been so emotional recently i'd probably argue about just about anything. Sorry for venting but i just had to get that off my chest. I also had a dream last night i started spotting. It felt so real and was horribly sad. I know spotting can be normal in pregnancy but based on my experience, i know if i ever had it i'd feel like my baby wasn't okay. I was so relieved when i woke up and realized it was just a dream. I had to go to the bathroom and check to make sure of course! Oh i also got really sick to my stomach last night and had diarrea for the first time this pregnancy. (sorry if TMI). I'm not sure how normal that is, all i know is i had it a few times with my last BFP so that got me worried as well.

On a positive note- i'm off of work for 2 weeks now!! We won't be leaving for vacation until the middle of next week but it will still be nice to have relaxation time away from work. And when i go back i'll already be over 7 weeks! I can't wait to be on vacation!! We decided to go to Lagoon still but i won't be riding the rides. We think it'll still be fun.

Last edited by amazing_love; August 28th, 2009 at 06:52 AM.
September 30th, 2009, 08:51 AM
10 Weeks, 2 Days:

It's hard to believe i'm already past 10 weeks! I don't really feel all that pregnant still. I haven't gained any weight and don't see a real difference in my belly except in the evenings. I'm probably jinxing myself but m/s and exhaustion has decreased the past few days. I really hope it's not temporary! I would count myself so lucky if it's already starting to pass! I guess it could be because i have a cold (or something). My throat, nose, and head has been bothering me recently and i have a cough. I get really nervous being pregnant and getting sick so frequently. Kinda makes me want to quit my job now since i'm sure that's where i'm getting it, but we need the money.

There's only 2 more weeks until we plan to tell the family! (unless i chicken out that is ) I'm really excited but also nervous because i know that means it'll be out and everyone will probably know... my work, my church, etc. Seems a little much to me. And i'm still really nervous about how my bosses will handle it. Somehow i have a feeling they may not be too happy about it. Maybe i'll wait until 13 weeks?

I can't think of any other major things going on. Just trying not to stress about all the things i feel like i still need to learn and do during this pregnancy.

October 1st, 2009, 10:59 PM
lilflower
I don't feel that super pregnant either. No weight gain, no showing, some severe morning sickness and dizziness, but that's all. Ugh. I wish we were smuggling basketballs already!
October 2nd, 2009, 08:25 AM
I know but it will come. And then we'll wish we weren't carrying around basketballs 24/7!

10 Weeks & 5 Days:

I had to leave work early yesterday because i felt so miserable. I called in today as well. I talked to my doctor's nurse on the phone yesterday and she said it sounds like i could have the flu and if it continues to get worse i need to go in. I'm not convinced it's the flu however since i've been sick like this off and on since working at the daycare. Once it turned into bronchitis though so i really hope it doesn't get that bad!

My M/S is back today. Oh joy! I can't wait until i'm in my 2nd trimester! I still can't believe i'm going to be 11 weeks in a couple days. And then there's only a week until we tell the family!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search