Stabbing Vaginal Pain? Brown Discharge? Anyone?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2009, 02:20 PM
PlasticFork's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had an appointment today with my OB. The baby is still a he, so I guess Dominic it is! Everything is still looking good (knock on all the wood you can find) and I had the blood test for birth defects and various other things today.

I have a problem though. I've been having these sharp pains in my vagina. One night they woke me up they were so strong. I then had 4 pains, a few seconds apart, that made me jump. My doctor isn't overly worried at this point, but wants me to contact him the second things get worse.

I am also having a very, very small amount of brown discharge (So small that unless you purposely look for it in my undies, you'd never see it.) and the toilet paper, when I wipe, is always crystal clear. I have a tendency to have brownish colored discharge anyway, though it's unkown why since I don't have any infections, etc.

My doctor said that it could be a bladder infection, since I'm having some pelvic pressure when I pee, I could have picked up something too heavy and need to take it easy, (I haven't picked up anything heavy. DH won't let me get near heavy things.) or there's a possibility that it's an incompetent cervix. The latter, he says, is probably not the cause since that normally manifests itself at 19-20 weeks, but it is possible.

Has anyone else had stabbing vaginal pains and/or tiny amounts of brownish discharge? Did you let your OB know? What did he/she say?

August 26th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
your vaginal pain could be the pelvic bone and ligiments stretching themselves out...It hurts like a biznatch....Mine hurts when I've walked longer than 5 minutes or if I turn over too quickly in bed...I don't know about the rest but the vag pain can hurt like hell but it's just the hormones getting everything ready... hope you feel better
August 26th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Allforyou
I get those stabbing pains all the time. Mine feel like someone is poking me in the cervix with a needle. I asked my doc about it last time I was preggers with DS and he told me that its completely normal and it's most likely just my cervix and other things prepping for the long haul. It can also be that our little ones are getting bigger and putting a little more pressure on the cervix. I wouldn't worry about it... although I agree that it can be painful.

As for the discharge I don't have anything out of the ordinary.
August 26th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
oh just wanted to offer that an exercise ball does wonders for a stretching pelvic area...relieves a lot of pressure and feels super good
August 26th, 2009, 04:46 PM
luvHim's Avatar Expecting #6
I get those pains like a "needle in the cervix", too. But I have gotten them when not pregnant as well. I wonder if it's not changes in the cervix (i.e. ovulation, periods, pregnancy) that cause them. don't know. Never had them until I had my first child, though.

D~10 T~8 M~7 L~5 W~2

Angel #4
6wk6d February 11, 2012

August 26th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear the pains are normal...I thought I was just weird!

August 26th, 2009, 06:14 PM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
I got Horrendous stabbing pains that felt like it was at my cervix in my last pregnancy. My cervix looked fine, and we never did find out the cause. It literally did feel though like someone stuck a knife up there and was stabbing me. I hope it gets better for you soon!
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

August 26th, 2009, 06:18 PM
~LaNa~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm also having those stubbing pains in my vagina. I had brownish discharge from 7-9 weeks but no one gave me explanation why.I'm glad ur doctor said it's normal.
Did u tell about the discharge?

I'm glad everything was fine on ur appointment.
August 26th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Marlz.
I had a little small amount of brown discharge the other week.. it was hardly anything of it though. Since my uterus area was swollen my doctor sent me for a u/s and they couldn't find nothing..

I get the sharp pain here and there.. they kill for a second or two but the go. I think its normal.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search