Candace's First Pregnancy Journal (Updated 01/31)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2009, 06:19 PM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
Oh wow it feels weird to type 'pregnancy'! Well, hello my name is Candace (25) and DH is David (24) and we have been married for just over 3 years (August 21st) and together for almost 5 years. We always wanted kids, but when my SIL got pregnant last March, that just set the baby fever into out of control mode! With time, it subsided, but I was still antsy.
I was on bcp for 5 years, almost, got off in June 2009. We tried for 2 cycles and DH knocked me up! I always thought his super-sperm theory (the men in his family are known to get their wives pregnant easily) was a bunch of crap, but I guess he was right!
I got my BFP officiall yesterday on CD33, 11DPO. I was kind of late, last cycle I only had a 9 day LP. I took some B6 to help extend it, as well as prenatals and folic acid (been on those for several months already).
Here were my symptoms....if you even want to call them that:
1 DPO: nothing
2 DPO: nothing
3 DPO:nothing
4 DPO: bbs felt weird when I ran, more sensative; pretty uncomfortable sharp pain shooting up my left side, from mid-stomach to my rib cage (my Oing side I *think* was my left side). There were two moments of them, but only lasted a few seconds; moody/mood swings. SUPER gassy!
5 DPO: woke up earlier than my alarm clock by 20 minutes and couldnt really fall back asleep (very odd for me);twinges on my left ovary area; burning/sharp pain on the left 'side' of my who-ha; moody; VERY gassy; tired; heartburn (which I rarely get!); hot flash mid-afternoon
6 DPO: Had painful gas cramps in the middle of the night; frequent urination; woke up earlier than my alarm clock by 20 minutes again and couldnt really fall back asleep (very odd for me); mid-backache; weird twinges in my mid-left stomach area; VERY bloated after dinner (like, I looked preggo! ); EWCM?
7 DPO: I slept like crap! I went to bed freezing (abnormally cold) and then woke up at 2:30 hotter than hades and thirsty (probably from the dinner), tossed and turned for a bit (maybe 15 minutes), then woke up at 4:40 but went right to sleep. I have some creamy CM and I keep leaking something on my panties, its just clear; random heartburn in the morning; fatigue; gassy; weird stomach pain
8DPO: fatigue; creamy CM; slight cramping/twinges around left ovary area
9DPO: creamy, yellowish CM; lots of creamy CM and wetness during the evening; AF cramps on both sides that travel to my back
10DPO: Faint BFP line on $tree test, but probably an evap; lots of AF like crampiness, mainly on my left side (O side); had BFP dreams; lots of creamy CM and I feel very moist; fatigue
11DPO: BFP confirmed with a digi! My back is achy; fatigue; other than that I feel normal; crampiness
12DPO: first food adversions...generally to everything, nothing sounds good (it could be from excitement and nervousness); crampiness off and on; fatigue; sleeplessness; achy back
13DPO: Pretty much the same as above

Finding out I was preggo was bittersweet, DH lost his job again Friday. But I guess God had different plans. He will provide for us and help us through our journey. This is such a blessing and we are so excited!!! DH just found out, yesterday, that he was approved unemployment, so that's a HUGE blessing!!!
Our families are excited. I didn't tell them in a special way like I wanted, due to the circumstances of DH losing his job (which they knew). I just needed to call them so they could tell me it was going to be OK...which I was caught slightly off guard, and they did!!
My first appointment is October 15th for an ultrasound and midwife appointment. We are very blessed and excited!!!
DUE MAY 26TH!!!!

BFP at 10DPO, I was 4W5D

I wasn't a real small girl to begin with, a size 10 (170 lbs).

First U/S October 15th

January 14, 2010

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Last edited by CandaceDianne; January 31st, 2010 at 01:23 PM.
September 29th, 2009, 06:52 AM
Charizomai's Avatar Mommy to Three!
This is going to be so much fun!

I happily Breastfed Alba for 5 1/2 months!!!!

Below is my weightloss ticker. This is not for the pregnancy weight to come off as it has pretty much all came off. The rest of it is just what I've been wanting to loose for a while now to get back to my healthier weight!

September 29th, 2009, 07:55 AM
luvflower's Avatar Super Mommy
u look wonderful cant wait to watch all of us grow together how exciting

October 1st, 2009, 01:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Awww! I can't wait to see the changes!

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
October 5th, 2009, 06:27 AM
5W4D

Only 10 more days until my appointment!!! I am sooo excited!! On the flip side (well, depending on how you look at it), my m/s has hit me!!! I am happy because that should mean things are progressing well, but it still sucks! I forced some crackers down and that allowed me to get some of my breakfast in, but not my banana. I couldn't bring myself to eat that or any fruit I brought to work. It was so bad I couldnt even listen to the Kroger commercial on the radio, the sound of food was just disgusting and I thought I was going to throw up. Oh the joys!
I have had twinges in my lower left tummy area (maybe around my ovary) since yesterday during my run. Its just off and on and sometimes goes to the other side, but for some reason it just concerns me. Not spotting or heavy cramping, by any means, but I think I am just being paranoid. Speaking of my run, my bbs hurt pretty bad. I just kept thinking how I should have worn 2 sports bras.
I ate pretty poorly this weekend, just because of my food aversions. I just cant bring myself to eat a lot of the healthy foods I did eat. I think I have gained around 3-5 lbs so far, not good!!! I am hoping since I am running again it will help (I stopped for 2 weeks after my BFP because I was nervous).
Anyway, that's about it. Thanks for reading!!

Born June 5, 2010
October 5th, 2009, 07:33 AM
hoping and waiting's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Candace, welcome to the wonderful world of morning sickness! It's great huh? I have felt the same way about not being able to eat healthy foods. I feel that I have been eating so much carbs and fattening food. I just can't seem to stomach the veggies too well. I can eat fruit every now and then. Well, I hope it doesn't last long for you. I'm in my third week of it now :-( The joys of growing a bean! At least we can chalk it up to that! Hope you have a better rest of the day.
October 5th, 2009, 01:41 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm here stalking you!! Is it my imagination or did you already start to pop out a bit??

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
October 5th, 2009, 04:35 PM
robineliza's Avatar In love with my June Bug!
I think it's good that you are having some m/s - it means your bean is growing! I am actually worried about the b-6 hiding the m/s from me because I have heard that b-6 is what women take to combat the nausea! Only because I want to know that my bean is growing you know!
October 6th, 2009, 05:31 AM
I am still taking my B6 and I am still getting sick. I actually threw up this morning. Granted, I only take 50mg a day, but still....

Born June 5, 2010
October 6th, 2009, 03:49 PM
hoping and waiting's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I tried the B-6 at first, it did not help me at at all with the m/s.
October 7th, 2009, 06:53 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
cute cute!! You look great!!
October 8th, 2009, 06:37 AM
6W0D

I am 6 weeks today AND 7 more days until my appt!!!! M/S is kicking my butt in the morning, if not on and off alllllll day. Yesterday, I felt fine after I dry heaved until late last night. Today, that didn't do the trick. It took me dry heaving again, eating some more crackers and juice before it went away. Ohhhh goodness, I am trying to be strong, but this is definitly testing me! I have lots of food aversions now, more aversions than likes...which sucks! LOL I will crave something earlier in the day, around lunchtime, and I cant go eat it because I dont want to go out for lunch and then by the time its dinner, I dont want it anymore. Annoying! I seem to have lost some weight, not sure how, but I was up about 5 and now I think I am down a pound or so. Which, this early in the game, is a good thing.
I ran 2 miles the other day and I plan to run again today. I did some strength training and toning last night and will walk at lunch today. I am trying to stay as active as possible for as long as possible. I enjoy working out and running, so I want to keep at it until I cant.
I have a furlough day tomorrow, so I am off!!! YAH!!! Plan to have a nice, long weekend with DH. I hope you all have a great day and thanks for reading!!

P.S. I will post a new pic this evening.

Born June 5, 2010
October 10th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Charizomai's Avatar Mommy to Three!
You are doing great!!!! I howver would rather throw up than to feel nauseas all the time!!

I happily Breastfed Alba for 5 1/2 months!!!!

Below is my weightloss ticker. This is not for the pregnancy weight to come off as it has pretty much all came off. The rest of it is just what I've been wanting to loose for a while now to get back to my healthier weight!

October 13th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Super Mommy
Congrats!!! Our anniversary is August 21 also! (2004). You look terrific and kudos for continuing to run etc. my dh's family has super sperm too. one time counting wrong for ds1, 1st try for ds2, 2nd try for this one. Course now he thinks he's superman Can't wait to share this journey with you!
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

October 15th, 2009, 05:47 AM
7W0D

Kathryn-men are so silly with their egos sometimes! And Yah for having the same anniversary date!!!!

Well, I am 7 weeks today and I have my u/s and appt....I am so nervous and excited all at the same time. I really wish I would have made an early appt, because waiting all day is going to drive me bonkers! I will update later this evening or tomorrow with details.
DH and I went to eat Golden Corral last night because I could actual handle the thought of food. I didnt go over board at all. Basically, I would say I ate no more than I usually do, maybe even less. The popcorn shrimp did get the best of me a little, but that's OK. I feel HUGE today, I dont know why....probably retaining water (as I always do) from eating out. My m/s is getting better, as in I am learning how to control it. So YAH for that!! I couldnt take another day like Monday!!! No way!
I am still exercising, as I did 30 minutes of strength training last night and I will walk at lunch today and maybe get some more weights in later. I would run, but its rainy.
Ok, that's about it. I will update later.

Born June 5, 2010
October 15th, 2009, 06:36 AM
MomTo3LittleBoys's Avatar Love my house of boys!
YAY! Cant wait to hear! Im getting another U/S today too for fun! Im hoping I can hear a heartbeat. but it may be to early still. I leave in 30min! Ill post when I get back!

October 15th, 2009, 07:28 PM
8W1D

I had my u/s and appt today and it couldnt have gone better. I am measuring 7W5D but they are keeping my dd based on my last AF, not my O. My new DD is May 26th and my birthday is May 23rd, so that is our estimation! She is 13 mm and the heartbeat was 155. (My DH thinks he is a boy and 'yelling' at me as I am writing SHE ) Everything looked fine and normal. They did a pap smear and I did have slight bleeding but the midwife assured us it was OK and I may have some spotting. I am just glad she warned me or else I would have freaked out!!! We didnt get to hear the heartbeat and I totally forgot to ask, I was just mesmirized and it felt like an out of body experience, so I wasnt even thinking about all that! Anyway, that's it...so YAH for May DDC!!! I will probably still stay on here because I am on here more anyway.

Born June 5, 2010
October 15th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Candace I love the pics! You look so happy in your pics too

Make a pregnancy ticker
October 15th, 2009, 07:50 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Woo hoo!! I'm so happy that everything is well with your bean! I agree that I would have freaked out if I were spotting and they hadn't said anything before hand about it. And yay for sharing u/s pictures!!! (Tell DH that is DEFINITELY a girl bean in there!)

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search