Twins?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2009, 10:24 AM
SweetSimpleThings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(Can you tell I'm home sick AGAIN, I'm posting like crazy, lol!)

So, any predictions on if we'll have any twin Junebugs? Would you like to have twins?

October 2nd, 2009, 10:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sure there will be at least one twin preggo here

No, I definitely do not want twins LOL - I am going to have my hands full with one newborn (DH probably won't be in the country to help)

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
October 2nd, 2009, 10:39 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I'm sure we'll have a couple twin mommies... In each DDC I've been in, there have been two twin mommies, each ended up with both girls! It will be interesting to see who our lucky mamas are.
I would never say that I don't WANT twins. I think it would be incredibly difficult, but I'd welcome twins with open arms!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
October 2nd, 2009, 11:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay, I have to put what I said in context.....I do not want (definition being to wish for or desire) twins, but if I had them of course I would welcome them and love them.

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
October 2nd, 2009, 11:06 AM
LOL, Kimberly, I think most people would say the same! I knew what you meant.

No, I wouldn't wish for twins, but if we had them we'd be happy. But a good friend of mine had twin girls and it was a good lesson in how tough twins can be (they also weren't great sleepers and had food sensitivity issues, so it was doubly tough!)

We are still undecided on if we want three children in the long run, so I guess ifI had twins it would solve the question for us, lol!

October 2nd, 2009, 11:09 AM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
I think there will be 3. I dont want twins, not saying I wouldnt feel blessed, though. I am a twin, but not naturally.....my mom needed fertility meds.

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
October 2nd, 2009, 11:33 AM
Veteran
a lot of second time moms I know are having twins. its a bit scary.
it would have been nice the first time, but not this time! of course we would be excited & love them & all that. but twins are not for me! im going to have my hands full with a toddler & one newborn!

October 2nd, 2009, 11:37 AM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
I would absolutely love to have twins but I highly doubt this pregnancy will be twins. I had my hcg levels tested on Wednesday (the first day I got a positive) and my levels were 33. I read that it should be a lot higher if you're having twins.

October 2nd, 2009, 12:10 PM
Charizomai's Avatar Mommy to Three!
I WOULD LOVE to have twins! In fact, On my husbands side of the family there are 4 sets of twins, and on MY side of the family, there are 6 sets of twins, which means there are TEN sets of twins in our families combined.... Unfortunately though, NONE of my brothers and their wives, or His brothers and Their wives, have been blessed with twins!! My sister in law is pregnant, and she is only having ONE... SO who knows! I'think they'll be 2-4 twin mommies in here,. I'd love to be one, but I doubt I will be, as I have hardly had ANY symptoms, other than breast tenderness, gas, and acne... :/ but I'll be happy either way.

I happily Breastfed Alba for 5 1/2 months!!!!

Below is my weightloss ticker. This is not for the pregnancy weight to come off as it has pretty much all came off. The rest of it is just what I've been wanting to loose for a while now to get back to my healthier weight!

October 2nd, 2009, 12:13 PM
Yeah, my friend that had twins seemed to have double strength early symptoms - vomiting, fatigue, etc. I think I remember her saying that was due to the extra grwoth hormone in her system due to twins.

October 2nd, 2009, 12:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'd love twins!! But I doubt I'm pregnant with them. I'll get my HCG numbers later today and have a better idea, but I doubt it. I was on Clomid, though... Still they don't run in my family.
October 2nd, 2009, 12:39 PM
MomTo3LittleBoys's Avatar Love my house of boys!
I want Twins Sooo bad! Prob wont happen though. They only run on my husbands side!
DS3- Born 11/4/14
October 2nd, 2009, 01:27 PM
girl_friday's Avatar Veteran
I'm scared enough about having one baby and how I'll cope, let alone two!
October 2nd, 2009, 01:49 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Twins would be cool. I seriously doubt that I am having twins. I imagine we'll have 2 or 3 here.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
October 2nd, 2009, 03:27 PM
Deimoska's Avatar Super Mommy
I think we will have 3 twin moms. Maybe somebody who hasn't joined us yet I am not pregnant with them. There are no twins in my family and I am too tiny, there wouldn't be enough room for them. Plus I have NO symptoms.

October 2nd, 2009, 10:17 PM
mommyakawifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wonder if I am having twins. My hcg level is already at 6,389.

Missing my brother everyday- 1985-2011~I love and miss you so much
Essure permanent birth control procedure done 5/24. My family is now complete<3
October 3rd, 2009, 10:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I most certainly do NOT wish for twins, but my silly DH is wishing twins on me! Shame on him!

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
October 3rd, 2009, 02:19 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would love twins but I doubt it. My numbers seem normal and being Asian twins are extremely rare. Im tiny too so probably would be hard. Still I would love it. I think we will have 3 sets of twins. Maybe from a mommy who hasnt joined yet as its still early.
October 4th, 2009, 12:04 AM
BluvnU4evr's Avatar Erica
I was able to conceive after 3years because we finally agreed to take fertility drugs end August and here I am... pregnant. There's a possibility of twins because they run in my family. My mom's hoping for twins, but we'll see after Tuesday.

October 4th, 2009, 08:03 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really don't want twins, not that I wouldn't welcome them with open arms. But my husband is an over the road truck driver and we already have 3. For me I think it would be incredibly difficult to deal with. DH will stay home for a couple of weeks but we can't afford for him to stay home longer. It also doesn't help that our closest family lives 900 miles away. Fraternal twins run in both of our families.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search