I had a major freak out

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2009, 04:53 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Okay because I am a nutcase I POAS again. Well, my lines are still pretty light and with my last pregnancy they started getting lighter and then I started bleeding and that was the end. So I really want to see my lines getting darker and I can't help but worry a little bit. I bought Equates and tested with one this morning and got a line, but a faint one and I really wanted to see a darker one so I tested with my last EPT. Well the EPT didn't look positive to me. I could kind of see a line, but not one that I would classify as a clear bfp. It was really faint like more like a shadow. So I started freaking out and had to dip my last digi. (Yes, I am a POAS addict in case there was a doubt on that.) My stomach had knots in it waiting for that thing to come up. Thankfully it still said pregnant, but I am still a little worried. I may go buy some more FRER tonight. I want a nice dark line. All I get are really light faint lines. If I could get a nice dark one that would help me with the worrying.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
October 4th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Charizomai's Avatar Mommy to Three!
Some of the tests don't have as much dye in them, so they just will not show a dark line, no matter how pregnant you are!!! It just varies from each individual test, even from the same brand! Stop freaking yourself out girl!! Don't stress so much!!!! Please???? I've been wanting to get another test to POAS..btu I havent yet.Im tooo scared.

I happily Breastfed Alba for 5 1/2 months!!!!

Below is my weightloss ticker. This is not for the pregnancy weight to come off as it has pretty much all came off. The rest of it is just what I've been wanting to loose for a while now to get back to my healthier weight!

October 4th, 2009, 05:09 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope everything is okay Teresa! Unfortunately, I'm not having a peeaholic episode. I took 2 FRERs at around 9-11 dpo and they were negative (cried my eyes out) and then I waited til I was 4 days late to test because I swore I was not pregnant.

DH asked me if I used my other digi and I told him no, I've already seen the words why would I need to see them again?!!!

You're still early (13DPO) - if you are going to test, I'd say wait for FMU.
October 4th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I'm also going to tell you to try not to stress and worry. Some women don't even test positive this early even when they are pregnant. I'm sure its hard to not see the line getting darker, but I'd try your best not to worry too much. Lots of hugs to you!!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
October 4th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
(((Hugs)))

I'm so sorry. I definitely understand where you're coming from because I went through a similar experience. I kept POAS all through the last pregnancy I had and I kept worrying because it never seemed like the lines were getting darker and then I ended up miscarrying.

I really hope that everyone else is right.. we're just really early and a lot of people don't even get a BFP until they're later than us.. and then in a few days the line will be A LOT darker.

October 4th, 2009, 06:34 PM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sorry hon, try not to stress yourself out! I know easier said than done right? I would agree with pp that you should try and wait and test with FMU. HUGS!
October 4th, 2009, 06:47 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiejo View Post
sorry hon, try not to stress yourself out! I know easier said than done right? I would agree with pp that you should try and wait and test with FMU. HUGS!
I bought a two pack of FRER and going to test again in the morning. If I have a nice clear line on it then I am going to save the last one and try not to worry any more. If it's still really faint I will probably wait 3 days and test again. I am trying really hard not to worry, but it's hard when my last pregnancy only lasted 5 days. I think once I get past the 5 day mark and the lines are getting darker not lighter I will feel much better.

October 4th, 2009, 06:53 PM
robineliza's Avatar In love with my June Bug!
I poas again this am with fmu and the lines (yes I dipped two different brands lol!) were both still very light - didn't seem darker than yesterdays however the digi now says pregnant when yesterday it was negative so I guess I know the hcg increased. Still freaked me out though when those lines were still no darker! I hope both of us start gett darker lines in the next couple days!
October 4th, 2009, 07:08 PM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My husband cut me off from tests. If I could I think I would test every time I pee. I love to see both of those lines. Oh I read that you can use an OPK because the Lutenizing hormone is very similar to the HCG. I did it and it worked LOL. I have lots of OPKs and I was out of hpt. I know I'm a freak!
Why is it some of us must test over and over even though we have had a bfp?
I think I'll go pee on another one...

October 4th, 2009, 07:24 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitabout View Post
My husband cut me off from tests. If I could I think I would test every time I pee. I love to see both of those lines. Oh I read that you can use an OPK because the Lutenizing hormone is very similar to the HCG. I did it and it worked LOL. I have lots of OPKs and I was out of hpt. I know I'm a freak!
Why is it some of us must test over and over even though we have had a bfp?
I think I'll go pee on another one...
Hey now that's an idea. I have a whole box of 20 OPKs left. After I use up my FRER I can just use those up. That should keep me together until my first appointment.

October 4th, 2009, 07:28 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL....you girls are too much!
October 4th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You are going to drive yourself crazy with all those tests!

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
October 4th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Veteran
Too funny! I haven't POAS since I got my positives on Wednesday. I did use two different brands though just to make sure, lol. I haven't even really though about using my last one. I think I probably won't, it will just give me something else to stress about if it's not very dark. I hope we all have sticky beans this time around!!!

October 5th, 2009, 03:13 PM
HopefulMommy81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Teresa- We are just more and more alike the more we post! LOL....well, I am going out later to buy a different brand too, since I am just paranoid and feel the need to do something before my appointment on Wednesday. I pray both of us have sticky beans!!!

Annalise is hoping to be a big sister on June 28, 2014. Forever missing her big brother, Matthew, stillborn on July 1, 2010.
October 5th, 2009, 04:06 PM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by teresarunningmommy View Post
Hey now that's an idea. I have a whole box of 20 OPKs left. After I use up my FRER I can just use those up. That should keep me together until my first appointment.
Just to let you all know using OPKs can be a bit odd, same rules apply the line must be as dark or darker than the contrast lines. But I noticed this morning that the contrast line is getting lighter no matter what brand of OPK. I still have like 12 that should keep me happy until my ultrasound

October 6th, 2009, 01:04 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I hope you can take it easy, I know I haven't experienced a miscarriage so I can't really talk, but I know if your line is still there you're still pregnant, so just try to relax

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search