*Starr's Preggo-palooza!*

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 19th, 2009, 08:24 AM
StarrMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First off, I'm transferring my journal entries from the TTC board, since I had only made 2 posts. LOL

I have been ready for a few months, but DH just agreed at the end of Sept '09 to start TTC.

I downloaded an app for my phone to help me chart my cycle. I've never charted anything before- I never even write down when AF visits- so this will be a new experience for me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9/15/09- AF started.

10/2/09- Did the BD, but I imagine we already missed the egg for this month. I'm not sure yet how long my cycles are, so I figured it couldn't hurt to try!

10/12/09- Today I went ahead and took a test, got a BFN. No biggie, though, I didn't think we had a chance this cycle since we only did the BD once and I was pretty sure it was after I had already O'd. I'm expecting AF between tomorrow and Thursday. I'm not sure how long my cycle is, so we'll see.

10/15/09- I had some light spotting. Thought AF was starting. Apparently not. Took a digital HPT. Still negative.

10/18/09- Was really worried about my body. I have never 'skipped' a period in my life, and was pretty concerned about it. But, since I had already gotten several BFN's I didn't think I was preggo.
That night I took a test on a whim, and was shocked to see this:

It was quite a shock, since I thought I was out this cycle. So, the first try worked! My DH must have super sperm!

10/19/09- Took a digital test just to be sure, and since I had one left anyway.
Yup, it's official!

October 19th, 2009, 06:31 PM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congrats!!
October 20th, 2009, 04:19 AM
luvflower's Avatar Super Mommy
congrats to you Gl

October 20th, 2009, 07:43 AM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
Yah!!

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
October 20th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Thanks girls!
-----------------------
Today I'm going to post pics, since there's not much going on with the pregnancy yet.

Here's me (Starr) and my DH (Brian).
We've been married for 3.5 years (4/22/06), together for almost 6 yrs (late november 2003).

Here is a wedding pic

More of Brian:

Brian with our cat, Kiddo

Our dog, Louie the basset hound

Our house (pic is a few years old)

And, the love of my life, Xander Chase (born 9/6/07)

Xander right after he was born

Xander at 5 weeks
October 27th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Super Mommy
omg xander had so much hair when he was born!!! how bad was your heartburn? lol

and i love his srs face in the last picture. omg too cute.
November 11th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Sassy yes, I had horrible heartburn! It was true for me!

I posted a thread in the regular room, but I'm putting it here also so I can keep my whole journal together.

----------------------

Yesterday was my first appointment with my new doc, and DH came also. We really liked her. She came highly recommended by family, and she really seemed to listen to what we had to say.

She gave me an Rx for nausea (Compazine) so I'm very happy about that. I also got a blue tote bag full of goodies, I love that kinda stuff!

The sucky part is since I had a major blood pressure spike after delivering DS, I have to collect my urine for 24 hours so they can get a test of what my normal protien level is. What a pain...but I understand. However, keeping urine on ice for 24 hours will be interesting...lol

All looked good on the U/S, and the heart rate was measuring about 137. We got to hear the heart beat too What a reassuring feeling! Also, she moved my due date back to June 22nd (I was using June 25th) and I can schedule my C-section anytime between the 15th and the 22nd of June.

The doc thought DH and I were funny about how we'd argue about details, and she said (jokingly) that she will need to ask us both all the questions to try and decipher the accurate answer-lol.

Then, when the baby came on the screen, DH says "Look, we have a croissant!" That was pretty funny. Later on DH decided it looked more like a Dino Nugget (those chicken nuggets for kids) and he 'trained' our son to call the baby "Baby Shrimp".

So, here's some pics! Even though they're not that exciting at 8 weeks.

Heart rate pic

November 11th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Sorry Jayde, I'm a chunky gal. I probably won't have any belly pics until week 20 or so when you can tell it's baby and not fat.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search