Angelkitty's litter =) Updated 11/1/09

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
Well, it's just one...

Guess this is the beginning of my pregnancy journal! I'm glad I decided to try this! Here are a few pictures of me to get started! I've wanted to do this since I found out 16 days ago...and I just haven't!

This is me at 3 weeks 3 days (the day I found out...I'm totally skinny)

This is mt at 5 weeks 4 days (Just a lazy Sunday, you can see my shirt is too short and you can see my maternity pants...because that's not a maternity shirt!

6 weeks 3 days...all maternity clothes...I keep trying on regular clothes every day but there is just NO turning back now.

I wish I could go back to 3 weeks and 3 days and explain how I've been doing, how I've been feeling, what happened every day...but I hadn't even been THINKING I'd be pregnant anytime soon! It was a Saturday, the kids were at their dad's, Keith was at work, and no one had cleaned the litter box in 5 days. I was initially thinking I'd wait until Sunday, but the smell was grossing me out and I *KNEW* no one had cleaned it in 5 days and that was unnerving.

Normally, I know when I am going to start my period. The day before I do, my temp drops. This is usually 16 DPO.

This particular Saturday day was 16 DPO and no temp drop. I didn't think I was pregnant, I just figured I'd test to MAKE SURE I wasn't. I figured my cycle was maybe one day off, or maybe I ovulated later than I thought initially...whatever, my period wasn't far off, so I decided to test. Kind of.

I had an OPK from back in August. I had read on a website (PeeOnAStick.com or something) that OPK's CAN be used as pregnancy tests! So I figured, what the heck, I have one OPK left, I wasn't planning to use them anymore, I may as well pee on it.

So I did, and it came back positive. Very positive. Much more positive than when I ovulate. And there was NO WAY I was ovulating then. I did some research and found out that they are NOT good as pregnancy tests...but if they come back THAT DARK, they may be...

So I ran up to CVS and bought an actual pregnancy test. Came back...peed on it...no color right away...I turned away to flush the toilet after, and when I turned back, at one angle, I thought I saw two lines. Looked at it dead on...naw, one line. Turned away again...looked back at ANOTHER angle...two lines...looked at it dead on...two lines...moved away....two lines...back again...two lines...then no matter HOW I looked at it, there were two DEFINATE lines!

I ran downstairs screaming, which attracted the attention of my cats...and I jumped around for awhile. I decided to go BACK to CVS but first I wanted to take a picture of the + HPT. After 5 tries I finally got a good one. Went BACK to CVS to buy a four pack this time of pregnancy tests (3 regular and one digital) and to buy stuff to make DH a present to tell him (more on that next journal entry!) and to go to Babies R Us to buy Baby #3 a present =) I got home after about 2 hours...and started on the gift for DH!

As for today, I'm 5 weeks 6 days according to my LMP (more on that later, too...) and I worked all day and then did Celebrity Server at Big Boys...it's a night where all of the teachers go to Big Boys and serve as the waitstaff...like we can work 8 hours and then continue to stand on our feet SERVING our students...and pregnant...it was a long day and I need to get to bed!!!

Last edited by Justjessie; November 1st, 2009 at 12:01 AM.
October 28th, 2009, 04:52 AM
luvflower's Avatar Super Mommy
congrats to u cant wait to see u grow

October 28th, 2009, 05:03 AM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I cant wait to see that bump grow!
October 28th, 2009, 08:32 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yay so glad you posted, you look great! can't wait to watch your belly grow!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search