anyone else get sick when they bend down??

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 30th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
this has been me nuts for the past.... 2 weeks probably. but i cant bend down anymore! and its not because im too big and ill farr over or anything... or i cant reach, no i CAN bend down to pick stuff up off the floor... but when i do i get overwhelmingly sick! my head starts feeling hot and i (tmi) pretty much throw up a lil in my mouth. this happens when i bend over, or am on my hands and knees...this is new for me so i have no idea whats going on.. anyone else???? its seriously wierd and bothersome it goes away almost instantly when i stand.. but still.. everytime i bed down of crouch down or getm y hands and knees i feel like im going to throw up!!! and i have a5 year old and a 3 year old to pick up after!!!

normal, not? call? wait till next appt??

tums and the like do not help at all... ive tried all that!!! it also happens when i lie down at night... but thats every few minutes it keeps coming and going..until i fall asleep.....
kaitlyn 3
Mathiue lil baby!

October 30th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have never heard of that but my first thought was it's an acid reflux issue. When you bend it pushes the acid up your throat?

October 30th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Sally5's Avatar Exhausted Mommy!
The same kind of thing happens to me when I bend over or bend down...I feel all pukey and my head feels like I'm hang upside down! I attribute it to baby pushing on my stomach and blood vessels (increasing intra-abdominal pressure) and haven't been worried about it at all...I just consider it a nuisance.

~~~~~~
October 30th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
yes! i attributed it to my guts being all squished in there. i've had heartburn and acid reflux pretty bad during this pregnancy, so when i bed over, i tend to get some acid in my mouth too. gross. and i get lightheaded when i'm putting my shoes on or something...but i think thats just because of the lack of oxygen! lol
October 30th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Kansascity kitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just refuse to bend over anymore it hurts plus I contract when I do its just plain uncomfortable for me so I won't

October 30th, 2009, 03:42 PM
stlgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds normal - your stomach is squished up against your diaphragm, and when you lean over it is even worse! For me, it isn't as much the nausea as the lack of air...as soon as I lean over, I can't really breathe anymore!
October 30th, 2009, 10:07 PM
GrmrSandy's Avatar Tired!
Me too, I hate it. I'm pretty good at squatting instead of bending still, but if DH is around often I'll let him grab things for me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search