27 weeks prengnat..Bed rest already??????

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2009, 02:03 PM
My last pregnancy my son was born at 29 weeks at 2lbs 15 oz and 15 3/4 in..(scary to think thats like 2 weeks from what I am now) Anyways my Dr wants to start monitoring me every week in the labor and delivery she said that most likely they will have to put me on strict bedrest.I didnt ask but does anyone know if strict bedrest is at the hospital or at home. I have a friend who says her cousin was on stict and she had to be in the hospital. And my friend was on bedrest and that was at home...I work from home so I guess thats the only good thing is I would have more time doing work..Last night I had to go into the hospital I was having contractions they gave me a shot said that they can only give 3 doses well they didnt stop and had to give me all 3 with the last one they slowed down. They let me go about 6 hours later said that if I had more that 5 in 1 hour again or if my water breaks to go back in..Just wondering if anyone is on bedrest or strict bedrest and where are you at?
November 6th, 2009, 02:11 PM
~LaNa~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello & welcome to the DDC Feb

As far as i know they call it strict bed rest if the person has to stay in hospital.But i might be wrong.What they usually do is keep the woman in the hospital about week or so, to check how things r progressing and if nothing happens-no contractions,no dilating or such, she gets to go home.
U can be an a strict bed rest at home as well.I guess that at this stage they want to be sure u wont go into labor early again.If ur doctor told u that he/she wants to see u every weeks,probably means that u'll get to stay at home and go in for check ups.
I had a friends who was on bed rest from 25 weeks,and had to stay in hospital during all this time, but she lost her liquid so its different.
Even tho u might be on high risk for preterm labor, if things go unchanged, than i think u wont need to go at hospital.
I had no experience with this myself but i know couple of ladies who did.There r few in here as well, and im sure they will answer ur question once they log in.
I wish u all the best.Pls keep us posted.
November 6th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Mizz*Stewart's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm on bedrest at home, but I think Lana's got the gist of it!! I have been since 22 wks. It sucks royally, but worth it!!! Oh, and I've gaine a crap load of weight. 15 lbs in two weeks. Alot. HUGS we can all support each other thru this!!

November 6th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
Welcome to the Feb DDC and how scary!

As far as I've been told, strict bed rest is at the hospital but I guess that depends on each doctor.

I wish you all the best luck hon.
November 6th, 2009, 03:52 PM
sunnikim's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi and welcome! I've been on strict bedrest at home since 18w 5d and am now 24w 5d. I think its just a matter of terminology, so I'd ask your doctor for clarification. My strict bedrest consists of bathroom priviliges and the ability to shower every few days. Beyond that, I'm in bed 24/7. Bedrest in the hospital for me has been referred to as hospital bedrest, but I'm sure it can be called strict bedrest as well. I've also heard of modified bedrest at home, which allows women to get up and about for a short period of time, but for the most part they need to stay off their feet.

Because each doctor & practice is different, I'd recommend asking.

Hopefully you're not faced with bedrest or a preterm delivery. Best of luck to you!
Emergency cerclage placed 18w5d & on bedrest; removed 36w1d

November 6th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't know much about bed rest, but just wanted to say that I hope you're able to keep your little one in there for a few months longer. And welcome to our board!
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

November 6th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Marlz.
Welcome to the feb ddc.
As far as I know it would be at home? I'm sure the doctors just trying to keep bub in there as long as possible.
Take care!
November 6th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Kansascity kitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey just poping in from the Jan DDC, I just left the hospital and strict bedrest can be in the hospital or at home if it were going to be in the hospital they would have not let you go. If you begin to change other things will be done to prevent you from going into labor I was on magnesium for two days then transfered to terbutiline and I take the terb every 6 hours until the end of the pregnancy I can get up to potty take a shower and back to bed I mostly have to lay down I can only sit up for a short period of time because I still contract ( I have an irritableuterus as well ) so I am on the verge of being on hospital bedrest but trying to avoid it!!! If you want to talk anytime pm me. I also did change to one cm and baby was really low but I responded well to the mag went bak to fingertip dialted and baby went back up. I just have to stay off of my feet as much as possible

Tags
27 weeks , bed rest , due feb , pregnant

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search