When can you press on your uterus and feel your baby's body part?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 12th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
How many weeks do you have to be before you can press on your stomach and feel your baby's body part?

For instance, I see preg. women all the time press on their bellies and then say "feel this, this is little joey's arm or leg" and I will feel their stomach and it feels hard.

So is this way later into the pg?

Two nights ago I was trying to feel baby (worth a shot, right?) and really low, like above my pubic bone, I felt this hard as a rock thing...and then I felt around where it was hard and it wasn't as hard as this specific spot.

Maybe I finally found the end of my uterus? I know it's not my daughter, I bet i'm too early for that.

But maybe my uterus? Maybe one of my organs?

November 12th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sometimes I can feel lumps but I don't recall feeling actual parts until much later.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

November 12th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Thanks What are the lumps? Placenta lumps?

November 12th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sometimes I feel lumps which i suspect to be some part of the baby. But b/c our babies are still so small, its hard to tell which body part. only as our uterus gets larger and the baby grows are we able to tell which body parts it may be.
November 12th, 2009, 10:08 AM
lilflower
I would say that's your baby! And if the lumps are more like ridges it is probably your muscles stretching apart. But definitely that big lump you felt is the baby!
November 12th, 2009, 10:17 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I agree with Lil - if it's a hard spot in one place it's more than likely your baby! They are about 6 inches long at this point so there's something there to feel! I know it doesn't seem like much, but measure it out and look at your belly - that's a substatial amount of space! I think you said you also have an anterior placenta? It might take a bit longer for you to really feel say a foot or butt or something. DD had her rear firmly stuck out for 2 months, it was hilarious to watch her move around in there! I used to rest my hand on it But this time I have an anterior placenta and am not thinking I'll have that feeling nearly as soon. Once the uterus gets bigger along with baby I'm sure I'll start seeing feet and elbows and knees jutting out.
November 12th, 2009, 10:31 AM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've only tried to feel baby a few times. However, in the morning when he is all balled up on one side of my belly or the other, or just stretched along the length of my belly, down low where he always is, I can feel a hard spot and I know that I'm feeling baby

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
November 12th, 2009, 10:44 AM
THat's amazing!!!!! OMGOSH what if it WAS my baby That would be the first I ever had contact w/her via kicks, flutters or anything like that.

November 12th, 2009, 11:54 AM
AK Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I figure it was your baby or a BH contraction. But with it being that low and just one spot I would lean towards baby. I can feel the baby really well at this point but I cannot make out specific parts. With my other two I don't remember being able to tell the difference between a knee and an elbow or the head and the rear end. But that was a long time ago. Next time it happens, I would try pushing on the spot to see if it will move.

November 12th, 2009, 02:07 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I bet the lump was the baby. I can feel a hard lump and can tell that it moves side to side throughout the day. I think I started feeling body parts much later in pregnancy. I couldn't ever tell if it was a foot, hand, or elbow that would poke out though. I always knew the big lump on the top of my belly was her butt because she had the hiccups all the time and I felt those down towards my pelvis.
November 12th, 2009, 02:40 PM
homeschooling mom of 2
I'm to scared to really push or poke at my belly (probably silly but I don't want to hurt the baby... though since she survived falling through the ceiling she's probably tougher then I'd think LOL) but you can see a definite lump when I'm laying flat on my back on my belly that is always on one side or the other so I know its my little one and if I check with my doppler its where I get the HB strongest. I remember when I was in my 3rd trimester with my DD she had her foot jammed in my rib cage and I used to SHOVE it down and she'd kick it right back.
November 12th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Blondie3412's Avatar My baby monkey.....
That lump was your lil one!! How sweet isn't it? I love when I wake up in the morning and the babe is more on one side than another and I can see the difference in my belly. Wait until they get bigger, it will be so neat to see parts here and there sticking out....

November 12th, 2009, 04:55 PM
TeamNick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At about 30 weeks I could feel Evie butt that was it.

Mommy to Evie and Isla Marie

November 12th, 2009, 05:11 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's so cool that you felt your baby! Yay!!

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
November 12th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Kodithegirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I was never able to tell which bumps where what when I was pregnant with my son, and it always kinda bummed me out. With him, from about 6 months on, my tummy was just all one big hard lump. I'm pretty sure it's going to be like that again because it's already starting.

I'm so jealous of you ladies who could tell what was what!

We just re-worked everything! Completely new fabric options, Slings, 6 new bedding options, Custom vinyl wall decals, and much much more!! $5 off for any justmommies.com forum members!!

November 13th, 2009, 05:36 AM
LIZZYI's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would say that was your baby. i don't think you are too early to feel the little one.

November 13th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My whole belly feels firm, so I can't differentiate.

November 13th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I couldn't do that until I was around 32 weeks each time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search