Overactive baby?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 18th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is it possible to have an overactive baby in utero? Lately, Major moves constantly. Like I seriously can't remember the last time I went 5 minutes sitting down without feeling movement. He is constantly in motion. The only time I feel he might be relaxed and sleeping is early in the morning when I wake up. Once 8am hits, he starts moving like crazy and doesn't really stop.

My concern is the amount of caffeine I am drinking lately. I've been on a major soda kick, and whereas I normally try to drink some caffeine free soda, lately I have not. I am wondering if I should cut back on the soda or if a ton of movement is common at this stage?

Major
November 18th, 2009, 01:25 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
They are at their peak around this time, but I'm sure the caffeine is also keeping him active- it does the same thing to them as us!

November 18th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I drink soda too and I dunno how much that really has to do with how much baby moves.

But I know this time and last time around this time, baby started moving a lot. Basically I figured it as he/she is running out of space. So you feel him or her when they are sleeping and awake. Babies do move while sleeping so its not like they just stop moving while sleeping. You probably just werent able to feel the slight sleep movements before and now since he is cramped you can.

Does he have times were he is more active than others? Morgan has her super active times and then her times where it will be a bump here and then a bump there and a stretch here and I assume thats when she is sleeping and when she is moving around so much it looks like an alien is about to pop out my belly is when she is awake.

November 18th, 2009, 01:55 PM
horrormoviefan
I would say yes except today he's been rather quiet. Some days he's very qctive and doesn't stop and today he's hardly moving. Except now he kicked. lol
November 18th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I guess I never considered how much they might move while sleeping, Whitney. Duh! Makes sense cause baby's tend to be a little restless so it makes sense that they would in the womb also. Some movements are really jolty too, like you sometimes see when newborns are sleeping and the jolts wake them up. My belly looks like a waterbed most of the time... a lot of time I can't really feel the movements but I look down and my belly is just waving along. I just wanted to find out if I was costing him sleep and restful time with my caffeine intake. I think I will cut back a little anyway just to be sure.

Major
November 18th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
they are bigger so we can feel more of their movements now. It used to be we only felt the bigger ones and didnt feel them shifting/nudging in their sleep.

if you watch a newborn sleep they twitch a lot.

November 18th, 2009, 03:35 PM
kmac's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i agree that they move in their sleep and you can feel that now. but i also notcied you said that when you sit you rarely go 5 minutes wihtout feeling him, but are you noticing him move while you are up and about? those might be the times when he is most restful because you are moving around, which lulls him inot a deeper sleep or contentment.

my baby moves a LOT right now but i often dont feel her when i am walking or busy doing stuff..its when i sit or lie down and then BAM, she is going crazy.
November 18th, 2009, 03:44 PM
AngelaMarie's Avatar Owen's Mommy
I don't ever have any caffeine and Owen moves that much. I really think it's just how far along we are. At some point soon they will start to slow down. It's always so funny when I have to do kick counts. They want 10 within an hour twice a day. Owen can do that in 5 mins. Though they do always tell me during my NST's that I have a very very active baby.
November 18th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Heaven's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it is certainly related to the fact that they are much bigger now, movement is much more prominent. Some movements I find are quite painful..especially stretches...i feel like she will come out of my skin!

I remembering asking the OB at some point about an overactive baby and he said it's not usually a worry unless it is sudden abrupt movement. But for the most part, they worry about an underactive baby rather than an overactive one.

I'm just wondering if they are sooo active in the womb...how will they be once they are out!! :O
November 18th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I read that as they get bigger you can start to feel all of their movements. Luckily he is a 8am baby. Mines likes to move around 4 am.

November 18th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Super Mommy
Gianna has been going crazy too. Yesterday for four hours I was in pain because she was moving much. I was wondering if anyone else had he same thing going on but I guess so!
and Gianna Maybelle born on Jan. 8, 2010 at 8:17am weighing 6 lbs 14 oz and 19.5 inches long!!!
November 19th, 2009, 05:23 AM
blue daisy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i wish mine was that active, ( every day) I wouldnt panic on the days she isnt as much!!
November 19th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, she still has her moments of rest, but this afternoon she is driving me crazy. Sticking her bum out a lot, kicking, poking. I feel like she is trying to get more room in there! My belly felt tense all day because of it. If my belly touched the desc she just kicked right at that spot so many times it did start to hurt.
She is way more active now than a couple of weeks ago (or I just did not feel her as often back then).
November 19th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue daisy View Post
i wish mine was that active, ( every day) I wouldnt panic on the days she isnt as much!!
if it makes you feel any better Marissa was a very very relaxed fetus. I panicked about her not moving all the time. This baby was moving more everyday at 20 weeks than Marissa ever did.

Anyway she was born and was a super calm baby. The kid honestly didnt even cry to be fed if we were out. I had to remember to feed the baby because she was content to just people watch. She'd just lie awake for hours playing with her playmat if I let her. Easiest baby I'd ever met. She was a really great toddler and has honestly only ever thrown one on the floor kicking and screaming tantrum in her life.

Of course once she turned 3 everything changed and she turned into this snotty,strongwilled 3 going on 13 year old though.

Anyways maybe you'll get lucky like me and have an easy baby.

January 31st, 2013, 12:12 AM
Hello,

I am almost at the end of my 7th month and suddenly baby has started to become very active.
Earlier also it was active but now at times i feel he just keeps going on and on.

Though I enjoyed a lot while he kicks but when I spoke about my experience with my mother in law, she looked a little surprised.

I am a little worried if my baby is fine, why is he so active, if its space that is concerning him or some discomfort or is it natural that all mothers have such rigorous movements.

At times i feel baby moving, then kicking, then suddenly his legs, can feel his elbow, and the baby goes on and on.

When i speak to some one else, or when i play music, or watch TV, or eat, he kicks every time

At times he is silent also but very rare.

How long does a baby sleep in the womb, is this natural to have baby active all the time?

At times i feel that he ca understand when others are talking, also responds when i read stories,

sometimes when i am talking to him, he is very active and when my husband comes and touches my belly, he suddenly goes quiet.

At times opposite happens, when i try speaking, baby is silent but the moment my husband keeps his hand, baby suddenly starts jumping.

This is my first baby, i read that by 7th month they develop all their senses, of touch, smell, listening so I though may be thats the reason why baby responds to everything i do.

Does this actually happen? or am I just dreaming!!!
February 1st, 2013, 07:03 AM
Heaven's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^ i dont get these random posts? Is it because they search a topic and just respond to any thread that comes up in the search?
February 1st, 2013, 07:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
^ yes. that's exactly what it is.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search