Craving a pregnancy vacation yet?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 22nd, 2009, 07:50 PM
CuteName's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is anyone else craving a day off from being pregnant yet or am I the only one? I know there are a lot of people on here who are just thrilled to death to be pregnant. I'm happy, but man does it seem to get boring at times.

I gave up drinking the day I found out I was pregnant, but man would I love a day to drink with no consequences and a break from all the crazy mood swings! Today was tough for me. We have my husbands kids for the week and with my hyped up mood swings (which I THOUGHT I had under control) I feel very cranky and overwhelmed.

What would you do if you could take a day off with no consequences?
November 22nd, 2009, 08:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
There's are times where I do really want to have a glass of wine. And although they say that red wine is okay, I'm just to chicken to try it out. I did have a swig of wine about a month ago tho. Other than that I'm just trying to patiently wait til I give birth and get a good supply of milk in.

And I'd love to give up being pregnant for a day to enjoy a day of eating just spicy foods!!!
November 22nd, 2009, 08:08 PM
LOL Hubbie made dinner and I asked him to cook the sausage for the spaghetti sauce seperately and put it in a bowl. It doesn't taste as good without the sausage and I STILL got heartburn!
November 22nd, 2009, 08:12 PM
onelove1109's Avatar Super Mommy
mmm to have a Coors.

Thanks so much Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy!

November 22nd, 2009, 08:25 PM
emmabear's Avatar Super Mommy
SUSHI...oh i would eat so much sashimi...
that said, i am in love with being pregnant and don't even really notice it much.
chelle, i had some sips of the man's red wine the other night and it was great. i wouldn't want any more than that anyways so i recommend you just snag a sip from a friend's glass.

Emily

www.themodernmommy.com
November 22nd, 2009, 08:42 PM
Regular
I love being pregnant for the most part but my friends joke that they are bringing me a bottle of Three Olives Grape Vodka and some Sprite to the hospital!!! LOL that is my favorite drink and I do miss having it once in a while! Other than that if I had a day off from being pregnant I would totally be devouring a ton of SUSHI as well...there's this place where I live with my two favorite rolls "Sex in the City" and "Oh My God" rolls...oh how I miss them!!!!!
November 22nd, 2009, 08:45 PM
~Claudia~'s Avatar mommy to Nico & Seba
Today would have been the perfect day for a break. I've been cranky all day long. I don't want DH to touch me... let alone kiss me. EVERYTHING bothers me today.. **** hormones!
November 22nd, 2009, 11:13 PM
Kodithegirl's Avatar Super Mommy
..a margarita....I would have a margarita. I had a virgin one a few weeksgo because I was craving it so bad, but it just wasn't the same. I'm not a big drinker at all anyway, but man have I been wanting a nice, frozen margarita with a salt rimmed glass...yuuuum.

Also, I would simply not throw up. I wouldn't mind so much having a vacation from that.

We just re-worked everything! Completely new fabric options, Slings, 6 new bedding options, Custom vinyl wall decals, and much much more!! $5 off for any justmommies.com forum members!!

November 23rd, 2009, 01:51 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
i would have a glass of wine and a mcflurry

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

November 23rd, 2009, 05:14 AM
homeschooling mom of 2
Oh a day off from any nausea or weird pains.... granted I would have rather had a week off earlier when I was to sick to look at water w/o throwing up LOL Now I would have a couple applebee's perfect margaritas, a nice big turkey or salami sub w/o zapping it first (yuck) and to sleep on my stomach after staying up as late as I wanted (and not feeling like I HAD to go to sleep at 9pm because I was so exhausted) heck those margaritas might even put me in the mood to DTD since I've about forgotten what thats like LOL
November 23rd, 2009, 05:19 AM
onelove1109's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmabear View Post
SUSHI...oh i would eat so much sashimi...

oooo sushi! I forgot about that one!!

Thanks so much Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy!

November 23rd, 2009, 05:40 AM
AlexasMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AlexasMomma
im not really that big of a drinker but man would I love to have a sex on the beach and a pretty ***** lol its a drink i swear and its soooo good I have only been able to find 2 bartenders that can make it let alone know what it is so that really sucks but it is very good and I would also go to all the amusement parks and ride all the roller coasters disney epcot bush gardens ALL OF THEM lol

Thanks ashypoo03 for my gorgeous siggy!!

November 23rd, 2009, 06:00 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Right now, the only thing I miss is sushi and giant tuna steaks. I had such an aversion to fish when I was pregnant with Lily that I feel like I never ate enough of those once I wasn't pregnant. Of course now that I can't have them, that's all I crave! Missing out on wine isn't that big of a deal right now, but ask me again on New Year's Eve and I'll probably change my mind.
November 23rd, 2009, 06:43 AM
Veteran
A glass of wine, an ice cold beer, raw oysters.... Any of those would be nice! LOL!

Expecting #2
EDD 4/16/2010
November 23rd, 2009, 07:39 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I don't do anything different. I never drank or smoked or anything like that anyway. Most days I forget I'm pregnant.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
November 23rd, 2009, 08:01 AM
Ugh I forgot about roller coasters. We took the kids to sea world last month and I swear I pouted the whole day while I sat out...lol.

There was a beer and oyster festival in Pensacola, Fl this weekend and that's what got me thinking. I can't have any of that! I'm glad I'm not the only one that wouldn't mind a perfect nights sleep and an ache free day.
November 23rd, 2009, 09:31 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Right now i feel like i'm 100% LOVING being pregnant. Ask me once i'm huge and uncomfortable and i'm sure it'll be a different story!

I never drank alcohol or anything before being pregnant so the only thing i'd be doing is maybe drinking some diet soda again instead of always caffeine free stuff.

November 23rd, 2009, 09:38 AM
lilflower
I'd like to be able to get up and walk around ALL DAY. Bed rest is NOT what it's cracked up to be

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search