My Gender scan on wednesday Girl Or Boy????????????? Is there anything in the thoerie

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 23rd, 2009, 03:02 AM
Veteran
Hiya all,,,

So I have a gender scan on wednesday, I am so looking forward to it both me and my partner are. We already have 2 little girlies and i would love for this one to be a boy but im kind of thinking baby is a girl again (although i am happy which ever sex, i know my partner really wants a little boy and i must admit a little boy to complete our family would be nice)
So the reason for this post is, Im wondering if there is anyone else who thinks the same (some people can only carry one gender??? Some men only produce one gender?)

I had a miscarriage in 2005 First pregnancy, Twins and lost them on seperate occastions.
Then cought for my oldest daughter Jan 2006
Then cought again April 2007 and had my second Beautiful daughter
My midwife had mentioned something about the miscarriage could have possibly been boys and i may not be able to carry boys :'(
My half sister also was told the same she has two girls (different midwife in different area)

So heres a look into some of mine and my partners family history of pregnancy and Gender.

My Family

Me - 2 girls - 1 on way find out wed 25th november on Gender
Half Sister - 2 Girls - no boys
Half Brother - 2 Girls - 1 Boy
Full Brother - 1 Boy - no Girls yet
Mum - 3 girls - 1 boy
Mums Mum and Dad - 1 Girl - no Boys
Mums Gran and Grandad - 1 Girl - no Boys
Dad - 4 girls - 3 boys
Dad Mum and Dad - 3 Boys - no Girls
Uncle number 1 - No Kids
Uncle Number 2 - No Kids
NOT SURE ON DADS GRAN AND GRANDAD

Partners Family

Partner - 2 girls - 1 on the way find out on wed 25th november on Gender
Parners Brother - Girl on the way
Partners other brothers and sisters (none as yet)
Partners Mum - 3 boys - 4 Girls
Partners Mums Mum and Dad - 4 Girls - 1 Boy
Parners Uncle (on Mums side) - 1 Boy - No Girls
Partners Aunt 1 ( " " " ) - 1 Boy - 1 Girl
Partners Aunt 2 ( " " " ) - 2 Boys - 1 Girl
Partners Aunt 3 ( " " " ) - 3 Boys - 2 Girls
Partners Dad - 3 Boys - 3 Girls
Partners Dads Mum and Dad - 4 Boys - 3 Girls
Partners Uncle Number 1 - 2 boys - 0 Girls
Partners uncle Number 2 - 1 Girl - 0 Boys
Partners Uncle number 3 - 3 Boys - 0 Girls
Partners Aunt number 1 - 2 Girls - 0 Boys
Partners Aunt Number 2 - 1 Boy - 1 Girl
Partners Aunt number 3 - 2 Boys - 0 Girls

Well I think thats it lol I dont really know further back and my family as you can see is not that big lol

So by my reakoning

My Side is more girls: 15 Girls to 9 Boys

My partners side is around the same but 1 more boy: 25 girls and 26 boys

WHAT IS EVERYONE ELSES THOUGHTS ON THIS????

ALL MY LIL GIRLIES TOGETHER...MUMMY LOVES YOU ALL BABIES
ALL MY FAMILY..LOVE YOU ALL
November 23rd, 2009, 03:54 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
I dont think that not being able to carry boys is it! as you have quite a few boys in your family and i think if it was something genetic like that your mum would not of had a boy.

I think some people just have more of one sex than the other, my nanny had 3 girls, i have had 3 girls so far (finding out the sex of this one on 10th dec) but my mum had 1 girl and 1 boy my dad had 2 girls and 1 boy! i think most of it is just *luck*

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

November 23rd, 2009, 04:02 AM
Veteran
Thanks for your input Sarah

November 23rd, 2009, 07:17 AM
renee4152's Avatar Proud Mommy of 2!
sending you boy vibes! i hope you get your boy!
November 23rd, 2009, 07:28 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Do you know what this little one's heartbeat has been so far? The old wives tale says that the higher the rate, more likely it's a girl. With my first, her hb was 138 which is supposedly boy. This little girl's is 160.

I don't think that a person isn't physically able to carry one sex over another- I think it has more to do with the fact that female sperm are stronger than the male sperm in some men. All of my dad's brothers have one boy but my dad only had girls. Both of my BILs only have girls when their brothers have boys. I think it's just luck of the draw.

Good luck on Wednesday! Can't wait to hear what the result is
November 23rd, 2009, 08:07 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
^^ some people can not carry one sex, my mums friend has three girls, she lost two boys in a miscarriage and tests showed she could not carry boys, her daughter just had a miscarriage too and they are maybe thinking that she was carrying a boy too.

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

November 23rd, 2009, 08:12 AM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
I can't wait to hear also!!

I don't have any advice but just wanted to say I will be sending boy vibes your way!

November 23rd, 2009, 08:13 AM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sending you lots of cooperative baby vibes and blue !

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
November 23rd, 2009, 09:00 AM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I dnt think there would be a problem with you carrying boys. I think that gender is pretty much the same odds as flippig a coin. I had five boys before getting pregnant with a set of boy/girl twins. And the boy wastwin "A", so technically six boys before we got a girl. I do admitt though, that for a while there I was really thinking that hubby just coldnt produce any girl sperm! Good luck at your scan!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
November 23rd, 2009, 11:48 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I had read an article that said that some women had hostile environments for certain type sperm.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
November 23rd, 2009, 02:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm not too sure. I dont think that your body knows the difference between the two sexes. I may be wrong though. Also most miscarriages, esp 1st trimester are due to chromosomal disorders -
Quote:
Genetic birth defects can be caused by errors in an entire chromosome or part of a chromosome, rather than in a single gene. These errors occur when the egg or sperm are forming. Occasionally, an extra chromosome is present or a chromosome is missing or broken.

This type of problem can come from either the mother or the father. The resulting imbalance of genetic material gives the fertilized egg too little or too much genetic information.

I might be suspicious if there were 15 girls and 0 boys with all m/c being boys, then it could be a genetic thing or something although the sex chromosome comes from the male.

On my baby fathers side of the family, most of the women have boys and most of the males have girls lol. Actually all of the males have girls and the women have 1 girl (always the 1st born) and 2 boys lol.
November 23rd, 2009, 04:24 PM
Blondie3412's Avatar My baby monkey.....
I believe there is a 50/50 chance each time you get pregnant. My mom had 4 girls and 2 boys, her parents had 2 girls; my dads parents had 2 boys and 1 girl.. on DF side, his mom had 3 girls, 1 boy, his dads mom had 2 girls, 1 boy... so thats 7 girls and 4 boys on my side, and 5 girls 2 boys on my DF side.... no logic whatsoever as to why we are having two boys in a row. No one in either family has...

November 23rd, 2009, 07:53 PM
Kodithegirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I have heard that your body can react differently to different genders (hair can grow faster if you're having a boy...that sort of thing) but I have no idea if any of it is true...

Lots of blue dust, though!! Good luck!

We just re-worked everything! Completely new fabric options, Slings, 6 new bedding options, Custom vinyl wall decals, and much much more!! $5 off for any justmommies.com forum members!!

November 24th, 2009, 02:27 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by corny7474 View Post
do you know what this little one's heartbeat has been so far? The old wives tale says that the higher the rate, more likely it's a girl. With my first, her hb was 138 which is supposedly boy. This little girl's is 160.

I don't think that a person isn't physically able to carry one sex over another- i think it has more to do with the fact that female sperm are stronger than the male sperm in some men. All of my dad's brothers have one boy but my dad only had girls. Both of my bils only have girls when their brothers have boys. I think it's just luck of the draw.

Good luck on wednesday! Can't wait to hear what the result is

thank you very much for that, not sure of the heart beat, im literally in a scan and out within 4 minutes (they dont like to do details over here grrrrrrrrrrr) the midwife i have only seen twice but she had a quick listen to the hb and said 'yes everything is great' lol i dont see her again till jan 28th 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love_the_Shoes View Post
I can't wait to hear also!!

I don't have any advice but just wanted to say I will be sending boy vibes your way!
thank you very much

Thank you all very much for the positive feedback, you are all GREAT will let you all know tomorrow!!!!!!

Thank you all very much for the positive feedback, you are all GREAT will let you all know tomorrow!!!!!!

November 24th, 2009, 02:33 AM
Veteran
Thank you all so much for the great feedbacks and the cooperative baby vibes and also the blue dust. Youyr all great and i will let you all know tomorrow what I am privaliged to be blessed with...........xx

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search