Mommy of the Week - amf4976 (Angela)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 23rd, 2009, 08:57 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Alright! Angela is one of our first mommies of the week! Let's all get to know her better! Post your questions

What was your favorite subject in school?
What did you want to be when you grew up?
Did you have a favorite stuffed animal when you were little?
November 23rd, 2009, 09:03 AM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
What karoke song best describes your life so far?
Who would you want to play you in a movie and why?
What generation best describes you and why (40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, etc)?

November 23rd, 2009, 09:10 AM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How did you meet your DH/SO?
What's your favorite holiday?
Who's your role model?

November 23rd, 2009, 09:53 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
what is the best christmas present you have ever received?
If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
do you have any siblings?

November 23rd, 2009, 10:03 AM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What was your favorite subject in school? My favorite subject in high school was world history. When I went to college, my major was Criminal Justice and that is still fascinating to me. I would seriously LOVE to go to law school but just can't swing the time commitment with as many little ones as I have right now. It's something I'd love to do when they grow a bit!

What did you want to be when you grew up? I always, always wanted to be a wife and mom. I used to predict that I'd have 8 kids and that it would be so many boys and so many girls...I am expecting number ten now, so I couldnt be happier with how life turned out.

Did you have a favorite stuffed animal when you were little? Yeah, it was a stuffed rabbit that I named Benjamin Bunny. I still have him. He's tattered up and missing a bit of stuffing (thanks to my own kids) but I come across him every now and again!

What karoke song best describes your life so far?
OMG, I don't even know...let me think....maybe :I could not ask for more". Not even sure who sings it. I remember Sara Evans did a remake of it. Is it totally lame that I'm so not up to date on songs...the radio in my van is broke. I never get to listen!!!
Who would you want to play you in a movie and why? Oh that's a funny question! Probably Kate Gosselin (even though we look nohing alike). Hey- she said she wanted to start acting, so it could happen! I picked Kate becuase I think she would have a great understanding of my frustrations, challanges and the reason why I seem psycho sometimes but really its the stress of my two year old jumping out of her crib for the thrid time in 15 minutes when its naptime. or the issue of trying to keep one 3 year old on the potty while making sure that the other 3 year old, the 4 year old, 2 year old and 1 year old aren't doing something disasterous! LOL!

What generation best describes you and why (40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, etc)? I don't know if there is a generation that describes me. I think I evolve with the times as best as I can, or at least try to! A large part of my childhood was in the 80's and early 90's but I was kind of a dorky kid and never really fit in so I dont have lots of great memories of the cool trends and things back then because mostly I wasn't part of them. I was the dorky girl who always wanted to talk about how many kids I'd have and what I'd name them when all the other girls were talking about boys or clothes! LOL!

How did you meet your DH/SO?We met in high school, senior year in Algebra II. I spent so much time focusing on him that I failed the class. My teacher, in fact, took up my textbook halfway through the semister telling me that since I was just going to sit here and look at Albert, she didn't think I really needed the book! Ha ha!

What's your favorite holiday? Christmas! Definately Christmas. I love the global spirit of peace and unity and harmony that seems to come with it (except in parking lots and shopping centers)

Who's your role model? Right now, I'd have to say Michelle Duggar. For sure. I could really use some lessons from her in organization, and patience and in keeping things together in general with such a thankful, gracious spirit!

That's all I have for now! I'll post more answers as the questions roll in! This was really cool ladies. Thanks for getting to know me. I can't wait to ask you all questions!
angela

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
November 23rd, 2009, 10:10 AM
what is the best christmas present you have ever received?Okay, so this sounds so materalistic, but the best Christmas present I ever received was one year, DH bought gift cards to various stores, all through out the year. Each month he would purchase a few. THen at Christmas time, he put them all in a pretty box and gave it to me. It was over $1,000 of gift cards and he called it a shopping spree in a box! It was so much fun! I know that it is materialistic, but as a mommy with lots of kids, I don't often get to shop for mysef!!! So it was much appreciated!

If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?Okay,this sounds weird but I would go to Grand Isle, Louisana. In high school, the required reading for our class was a book that featured this place and ever since then, I've wanted to go. Not even sure how much of it is left after Hurricane Katrina though...

do you have any siblings? Yes, I have three sisters. Well, two sisters that I was raised with and then when I was an adult my parents got divorced and my dad got married and had a baby with another woman so I have a ten year old half-sister! Crazy!

November 23rd, 2009, 10:50 AM
~Claudia~'s Avatar mommy to Nico & Seba
# Do you have any pets?
# What was the last book you read?
# Do you like to cook?
# What's your favorite food?
November 23rd, 2009, 02:35 PM
Shelli1981's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Shelli1981
Favorite Color?

Favorite Thing about being Pregnant?

Least Favorite thing about being Pregnant?

November 23rd, 2009, 05:35 PM
Meganpixel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Where do you see yourself in ten years?

How did you come across JM?
November 23rd, 2009, 05:42 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
How long have you and your DH been together?

How did he propose?

If you could have a conversation with anyone, alive or dead, who would it be?
November 23rd, 2009, 06:53 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
If you were stranded on a desert island and could only bring one thing (no people) what would it be?

leftie or rightie?

Do you go casual, or are you a girly-girl?
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
November 24th, 2009, 10:12 AM
# Do you have any pets? Yes, we have a dog (Rotwieler) named Zoe. Dh has a red tailed Boa constrictor named Sadie and my son has a taantula whose name I don't know. Hilariously, the spider recently got loose in the house! I was so ready to check into a hotel, but DH found her! EEKS!!!
# What was the last book you read? The last book I read was, I totally forgot the name of it, but it was the book by John Walsh, telling the story of the kidnapping/murder/investigation of his son Adam. Very, very sad. It really made me realize how easy something like that could happen.

# Do you like to cook? When I'm not pregnant, yes, I do like to cook. Very much. What I don't enjoy is the cleanup afterwards! When I'm pregnant though, I don't enjoy it much at all. Which sucks because thats the time I could really enjoy eating all the yummy foods that I am usually trying to restrict myself from! LOL!

# What's your favorite food? I have lots of them but If I HAD to pick one, I'd pick fajitas! Yummy!

Favorite Color? [COLOR="DarkOrchid"Hmmm...It changes from year to year. Probably purple (light purple) for now! It may be different in a few months![/COLOR]

Favorite Thing about being Pregnant? Picking baby names & feeling the baby move

Least Favorite thing about being Pregnant The incessant tiredness and exhaustion! YUCK!

Where do you see yourself in ten years?Hopefully finished having babies! I hope to have a career of some sort. Not sure exactly what though. Wow, this is a harder question than I thought- I guess becuase I'm so focused on the here and now and getting through each day and week...its hard to say!

How did you come across JM? Two pregancies ago, I was at the tail end of a pregnancy and was looking for birth stories so I entered something relating to birthstories in the search engine and a link to justmommies popped up!

How long have you and your DH been together? We've been married 14 and a half years now. We met in September of 1993 in highschool, our senior year. We got married in July of 1995

How did he propose?ohhhh, I wish I had a sweet story for this, but the honest truth is that I got pregnant with our first son accidentally when we were both 18 and it was more of a "decision" an "I think this is what we should do" type of thing than a nice proposal. Ah well....we have a beautiful marriage now, so I won't complain about the lack of proper proposal!

If you could have a conversation with anyone, alive or dead, who would it be? Hmmmmm, there are so many good choices. I would really love insight into the brain of Tupac Shakur. I think he was really an enigma and really seemed like two totally seperate individuals in one body. But I think even more than that I would say at this moment, Michelle Duggar. I need to pick that woman's brain on so many parenting topics!

If you were stranded on a desert island and could only bring one thing (no people) what would it be? A Bible. Definatley. I would certinally need the word of the Lord at that time!

leftie or rightie? Leftie!!!

Do you go casual, or are you a girly-girl? I am a weird mixture of both! I LOVE girly-girl stuff but am not graceful, or dainty. I'm an odd combo that is just...me!

Read more: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...#ixzz0XnieG59h

November 28th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you could have weekend away, just you and your husband, how would you spend it?

What are you hoping to have under the tree this Christmas?

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

November 28th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
As a SAHM I can totally see why you loved the shopping spree in a box! I think that's an awesome gift!!

Have you started or finished your Christmas shopping?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search