around what week will we all have trouble shaving our legs?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 24th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
I was browsing Nov. DDC (I said this before, but I get really excited reading their birth stories...it feels like we still have such a long time though, but I can't wait until its our turn)!.

One post asked all the mamas to give their pro's about not being pregnant anymore and the majority of them said

1.) peeing every hour
2.) shaving legs
3.) able to tie shoes

So for BTDT moms--when or what week or time frame will it be that we can't shave legs or tie shoes as easily?? Is it 30+ weeks along, or could this happen in our 20+ weeks?? I know some women are different...I am 21 weeks and barely have a belly, so it might take me longer.

Oh, and the 4.) most popular was not able to hug their SO's/DH's.

C'mon and bring it already!!!! I'm ready to experience this!!!

November 24th, 2009, 09:50 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
I'm already having trouble shaving my legs! But that's mostly because of laziness. LMBO. Still, when I do shave, it's uncomfortable bending over, so I imagine it won't be too much longer before I'm like, "Jimmy, if you want them shaved, do it yourself."

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
November 24th, 2009, 10:09 AM
lilflower
I don't remember it getting hard to shave my legs during DD or Noah's pregnancies. I hope that doesn't happen this time! LOL
November 24th, 2009, 10:40 AM
MichelleN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you have trouble shaving your legs, try getting one of those razors that have the soap on the razor itself. That way you don't have to lather up and then have to bend over again and use the razor. I'm already having issues shaving, but I'm a big girl normally (so all the extra padding adds on to the baby belly that I have).
November 24th, 2009, 10:45 AM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm already having trouble shaving my bikini line!!

November 24th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleN View Post
If you have trouble shaving your legs, try getting one of those razors that have the soap on the razor itself. That way you don't have to lather up and then have to bend over again and use the razor. I'm already having issues shaving, but I'm a big girl normally (so all the extra padding adds on to the baby belly that I have).
Those are awesome! Someone gave me one in my 7th month and I shaved right up until the end. Granted I was only shaving once a week or so, because I got lazy, but I still did.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

November 24th, 2009, 11:25 AM
emmabear's Avatar Super Mommy
oooh i should get one of those razors with the soap in it, i've always wanted to try those. i have no problem right now though, the belly is still really small. plus when it's big, isn't it easier to lay in the bath to shave?

Emily

www.themodernmommy.com
November 24th, 2009, 11:29 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
Never had issue shaving my legs. Keeping my girlie parts nice and neat is another story.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
November 24th, 2009, 11:50 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
my legs were no problem it was my girly bits that was!

November 24th, 2009, 12:26 PM
TeamNick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was able to shave my legs last time. My who-hot was another matter. Right about the time my uterus got over my belly button. So I would say 25 weeks. By 30 I know I couldn't tie my shoes with out a lot of effort.

I am all ready having a hard time washing dishes because my belly is keeping me to far from the sink. I feel like a T-rex with little bitty arms.

Mommy to Evie and Isla Marie

November 24th, 2009, 12:47 PM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With DS shaving my legs was a bit hard but like the Michelle said the razor wit the soap on it helps so much. But really its the girly parts that are the hardest to upkeep. I started having problems around 25 or so for upkeep and tieing my shoes. I gave up on trying to tie my shoes and only wore ones I could slid on.

November 24th, 2009, 01:02 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I'm getting there at 21.5 weeks! I can't remember when it got nearly impossible with DD, probably around 30 weeks though. At one point I just started sitting in the shower to shave. Girly bits stopped being fussed about around 25-30 weeks... DH just had to deal or take care of it for me!
November 24th, 2009, 01:27 PM
homeschooling mom of 2
wait, you guys are still shaving? hehehe JK (ok only 1/2, I only shave my legs before an OB appointment in case they want to do an internal for some reason or before an US(as I have to have an internal to check my cervix).... I'm still ok shaving them as long as I balance a leg in the shower corner, girlie parts... yeah that's a challenge already if I really suck it in I can do it w/o a mirror but I must pick one up this week. I remember last time being so upset when I couldn't paint my toe nails anymore and had to beg DH to take off my old polish and help me (I know, why didn't i get a pedicure, I've actually never had one but might start this time).
November 24th, 2009, 01:35 PM
CuteName's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmabear View Post
when it's big, isn't it easier to lay in the bath to shave?
YES...but being big makes it harder to get into and out of the tub! You have to be super careful and still be able to haul yourself up for it to work.

I've never been good at shaving my legs ever. You'd think I would have learned not to cut myself by now...lol.
November 24th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Shelli1981's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Shelli1981
I don't have problems shaving my legs but my Girly Parts Hubby takes care of it for me..

November 24th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I normally start having problems around 30 to 32 weeks. My bath tub is super deep so I can't really get out of it easily.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search