Christmas tree/decorations?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 24th, 2009, 06:37 PM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When are you putting up your Christmas tree/decorations?

For us its will be Friday. We already have the lights up but that's because it really suck in the cold with snow.

November 24th, 2009, 06:39 PM
~Claudia~'s Avatar mommy to Nico & Seba
We are not decorating this year. We are flying to Uruguay for 2 weeks during Christmas time to visit our family there
November 24th, 2009, 06:40 PM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Either Saturday or Sunday. We are going to go pick up the tree at a tree farm this Saturday, and then have supper at a friends cabin with family and friends. So we'll probably get home a bit late and then put it up in the afternoon on Sunday.
November 24th, 2009, 06:43 PM
TeamNick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are doing ours on Sunday.

Mommy to Evie and Isla Marie

November 24th, 2009, 06:43 PM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We will be putting our tree up on Sunday-our only free day this weekend!

We are leaving tomorrow to go to my grandpas (3.5 hours away-stopping to shop on the way ) coming back Thurs night, having Thanksgiving with my dad's family Fri, then work Fri night...then taking Kinley to Dallas (2 hours away) to see Yo Gabba Gabba Live! on Sat-then working on Sat night......soooo looks like Sunday it is! lol I'm going to cook a ham, dressing and the works Sunday-then we'll put up our tree! I'm hoping DH will get the lights up sometime soon...he's been SUPER busy with work and school....so when he is done hopefully he will get them done since the new neighborhood we moved to is known for its Christmas decorations!

November 24th, 2009, 07:26 PM
homeschooling mom of 2
I'm hoping to start things on Dec 1st, only DD and I celebrate Christmas (DH is Jewish) and I've already decided it's not worth the hassle of him complaining to get help getting a tree, going to put on my most pregnant looking outfit and stick out the belly and hope someone at Lowes helps me get the dang thing on the top of my SUV LOL We don't put up lights outside but I'll have lots of decorations inside
November 24th, 2009, 09:55 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I think we're going to get our tree, etc. the first weekend of December - so 10 days or so? At least I hope we are!
November 25th, 2009, 05:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We are putting ours up Thanksgiving morning! The rest of our weekend is too busy between my dh working, painting our kitchen/dining room, and renovating our basement.

November 25th, 2009, 06:32 AM
renee4152's Avatar Proud Mommy of 2!
we put up our tree and decorated the inside of the house this past weekend. my grandmother always did her decorating the weekend before Thanksgiving so that everyone that came could enjoy her decor. i am keeping that tradition alive. hopefully we will get our outside done this coming weekend.
November 25th, 2009, 07:20 AM
CuteName's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're doing ours this weekend while my husbands girls are here. I was supposed to have my son this weekend too, but his Dad is being a pain and I can't get a court date before the holiday weekend so I'm super dissapointed he won't be here. Kind of hard not getting depressed over it, but I know the rest of the kids will have a blast decorating. Kind of bittersweet though, and harder with all the pregnancy hormones.
November 25th, 2009, 07:33 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
December 4th for us

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

November 25th, 2009, 08:45 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Quote:
Originally Posted by DondraB View Post
We will be putting our tree up on Sunday-our only free day this weekend!

We are leaving tomorrow to go to my grandpas (3.5 hours away-stopping to shop on the way ) coming back Thurs night, having Thanksgiving with my dad's family Fri, then work Fri night...then taking Kinley to Dallas (2 hours away) to see Yo Gabba Gabba Live! on Sat-then working on Sat night......soooo looks like Sunday it is! lol I'm going to cook a ham, dressing and the works Sunday-then we'll put up our tree! I'm hoping DH will get the lights up sometime soon...he's been SUPER busy with work and school....so when he is done hopefully he will get them done since the new neighborhood we moved to is known for its Christmas decorations!
Jealous! Have fun!

We're driving up to the mountains on Saturday (about 2 hours away) to a tree farm to pick ours out and cut it down. It's a family tradition but unfortunately my sister and mom won't be coming. My sister is 37 weeks pregnant and is scheduled for a version (attempt to turn her breech baby to head down position) on Friday. She's too afraid to make the long car trip just in case she should go into labor from the baby turning process. We probably won't get the tree decorated until several days later though.
November 25th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We'll be doing our the weekend of the 4th as well. If I can find a great deal we'll buy fake, otherwise we'll drive an hour out of town to cut one ourselves.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

November 25th, 2009, 09:08 AM
AlexasMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AlexasMomma
we have our tree up and our outside lights up not sure when we are doin the rest

Thanks ashypoo03 for my gorgeous siggy!!

November 25th, 2009, 10:18 AM
jojobug414's Avatar Mommy to a Miracle
I'm going to have DH get our Christmas stuff out of the storage closet today so I can start gradually working on it. I hope to get most of it up on Friday.

November 25th, 2009, 10:45 AM
I am hoping to get things up around the 5th or so of Dec since SO doesn't want it to early which I don't blame him kids get way to excited when I just take them to the store and they see everything prior to halloween *Christmas deco*. My family always used to put it up day after Thanksgiving but guess I'm breaking away from that atleast for now with my little goblins

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search