Weird Symptom....wonder if I can explain this right...**Update post 11**

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 25th, 2009, 02:45 PM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
I have been holding off writing about this because I find it hard to explain..but I'll give it shot.

I have been having this weird pain that feels like a ligiment pain, but it's down low on my pelvic bone. Not so low that it's 'there'...but almost. I only feel it when I am sitting and then I stand up to walk somewhere. It also sort of feel like ...what I can best discribe as almost my hips widening and it pulling the bones and ligiments wider around my pubic bone???? With an ever so slight pressury feeling. But it feel likes it's on top of the bone??

Did that make any sense and have any of your experienced something similar???

Thanks....I tried my best to explain that. LOL I will mention it to my dr when I go see her tomorrow.

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

Last edited by CanadianLou; November 26th, 2009 at 06:19 PM.
November 25th, 2009, 02:51 PM
I guess I should mention that it doesn't feel like this all the time, but just once or twice during the day. Now that I think about it, it seems to happen more at work. Maybe it's from sitting all day??

November 25th, 2009, 04:46 PM
homeschooling mom of 2
sorry I have no idea, I seem to have one weird pain or another most of the time. I hope your OB can help you figure it out and keep it from happening.
November 25th, 2009, 04:55 PM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hmm.. thats a tough one. When I had round ligament pain with my last pregnancy it was in between my legs in my crotch area on each leg. Very painful, mostly at night turning in bed or getting up to go pee since the muscles and ligaments were cold from not moving at night. I hope you can get some info and advise from your ob.

November 25th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Thanks Ladies I'll see what my dr. says.

November 25th, 2009, 08:25 PM
frankie's Avatar Proud Mommy
Funny that you wrote this I have been having these really hard to explain pains same thing i sit then get up... its really hard to explain.. my aunt told me it's probably Pubic Symphysis and i read about it.. and i think it could be that or my groin or something.. i figured i will ask the Dr when i see them.. if you talk to ur dr first please update id love to know what they say

trying for~~~Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer~~~~ Marcia Wieder
November 25th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Kodithegirl's Avatar Super Mommy
When I was pregnant with my son, I had a really bad pain like that, but it was every time I walked or stood up. It turned out to be a bacterial infection on my cervix that spread to my uterus. Thankfully, we caught it before it got to the inside of the uterus. My doctor only found out because I thought I might have been leaking fluid, and he did a pap to check it and see. Mine was EVERY time, though...

I hope you feel better soon, though! The worst is not knowing...

We just re-worked everything! Completely new fabric options, Slings, 6 new bedding options, Custom vinyl wall decals, and much much more!! $5 off for any justmommies.com forum members!!

November 25th, 2009, 08:35 PM
niema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to niema
Ah, I am in so much pain! My sides are aching/burning extremely bad, and my back is always hurting. I have so many darn problems right now its ridiculous. I sure dont remember having all of this uncomfortable pain so early on, its kinda freakin me out!
November 25th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Actually I think you're describing what I have been going thru. Sometimes it hurts, sometimes it itches. At first I thought that the baby was resting there or doing something that caused pressure there, but I have NO IDEA what it is. And I feel my pelvis bone more now than I did when I was prego.
November 26th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Well I am going to the doctor today after work and I will update when I get back. Again, it's my 'not so great' dr. I don't get to go to the maternity clinic until Dec 15th. But hopefully she will look into this pain/pressure. I do notice it seems to be when I am sitting at my desk at work and get up to walk somewhere.

I looked up Pubic Symphysis and wow, this totally sounds like what I'm feeling. It doesn't seem to affect my other pelvic joints. I think I will write down this and take it to my dr.

November 26th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Well I asked my dr. and I won't be of much help. She just said that they'll check my cervix at my ultrasound next week. And didn't give much more advice...I am sooooo happy I have changed dr's. So hopefully frankie when you go to the dr. you can update me.

November 26th, 2009, 07:58 PM
OH that totally stinks!!! I was looking forward to having the answer LOL.. well i go on the 6th i don't see the high risk dr till JAN so hopefully my new one can tell me something if not i will call her cell phone biggest mistake she ever did was give me that number LOL

trying for~~~Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer~~~~ Marcia Wieder
November 26th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you get some answers at your next appointment! You might also try a maternity support belt. I used to work with a women's health nurse practitioner that swore by those belts!

November 27th, 2009, 02:22 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
My hips literally feel like they sometimes slide out of the joint. It is so painful and debilitating, and I just don't know what to think. Does it ever feel like that for you? Usually mine acts up after standing for prolonged periods of time, or after sex, or after sitting down for prolonged periods of time. I limp A LOT these days, and it's never on the same side. One day it's my left hip, and the next it's my right hip.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
November 27th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krissy1989 View Post
My hips literally feel like they sometimes slide out of the joint. It is so painful and debilitating, and I just don't know what to think. Does it ever feel like that for you? Usually mine acts up after standing for prolonged periods of time, or after sex, or after sitting down for prolonged periods of time. I limp A LOT these days, and it's never on the same side. One day it's my left hip, and the next it's my right hip.
My hips sometimes hurt, but not often. I was a bit concerned about this pain/pressure it is right in the front low low on the pelvic bone, right in the middle. So far it only bothers me when I get up from sitting long periods or when I move the wrong way when I'm walking (after sitting).

I was really hoping that my dr. would check my cervix because this was her first thought. Or at least investigate more. When I told her about Pubic Symphysis (didnt' remember the proper name), she said if it's that it shouldn't be bother me until 35 weeks or so and if it is happening this early they would have to put me on bed rest. Even though that is not what I read on the net. I just find it weird she didn't feel the need (if it's that serious) to look into things. OH WELL....no more appointments with her!

Frankie, looking forward to when you talk to your dr! LOL I wish dr's would give us their cell phone #'s around here...hahaha

November 27th, 2009, 09:29 AM
You describe it so perfectly I am like its not my inner thigh but its by my you know what LOL.. its a weird pain and its just like you said when u sit for long periods of time... We def have the same thing not a doubt in my mind.. the good news on that is i had my anatomy scan and everything was perfect so i really thing its the pubic sys thing but i will ask on Dec 3rd and let you know know what my reg dr says and like i said if his answer stinks I will call my high risk

November 27th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie View Post
You describe it so perfectly I am like its not my inner thigh but its by my you know what LOL.. its a weird pain and its just like you said when u sit for long periods of time... We def have the same thing not a doubt in my mind.. the good news on that is i had my anatomy scan and everything was perfect so i really thing its the pubic sys thing but i will ask on Dec 3rd and let you know know what my reg dr says and like i said if his answer stinks I will call my high risk
haha, glad to hear your anatomy scan was perfect! It does sound like we have the same thing! Can't wait to hear your update on Dec 3 (the same day as my anatomy scan!!)

November 27th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had problems with my pelvic/pubic bone since mid pregnancy with Max. It started getting a little better right before this pregnancy but has gotten worse. It pops very loudly and painfully when I roll over in bed. And I have trouble walking if DH and I DTD. There's a few exercises you can do it help. Also ice or very mild heat (just be careful not to make it too warm because you don't want to cook that baby!).

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search