quickzip sheets, has anyone seen these or tried them?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 25th, 2009, 04:34 PM
homeschooling mom of 2
Clouds and Stars - QuickZip Crib

These look awesome, mainly because I opted to get one of the mesh breathable bumpers and that thing is a nightmare the way it installs on my crib... it will get messed up everytime I have to change a sheet (plus my crib doesn't have drop down sides and my mattress is VERY snug in there) but these would be so easy in theory. Love to hear any feedback before I buy a set.

Thanks!
Candi
November 25th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
those are really cool. I am tempted to make some!!

November 26th, 2009, 04:18 AM
homeschooling mom of 2
Well I'm going to order one of there package sets today, looks like from reviews online everyone loves them so I'll update after I get them and try them out!
November 26th, 2009, 05:49 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Those look nice! This is my first and I am completely clueless when it comes to all this baby stuff. Can you get these at a department store? Like Babies R Us or Sears? I would like to put them on my registry...also, what is the deal with bumpers - are you not supposed to use them? Or not use them in the beginning? If they are bad, why do all the crib sets come with them?

November 26th, 2009, 05:59 AM
homeschooling mom of 2
I think using a bumper is a very personal decision, I'm overly cautious so although I think the bedding set type bumpers are beautiful I won't be using or getting one (I did a whole set with my first DD though she never slept a single night in her crib and it was a waste) Since I'm determined to have this baby sleep in her crib I opted to get one of the breathable mesh ones so I don't have to even think about her getting pressed up against it and not being able to breathe.

I think these sheets are sold at a few specialty type stores (there is a place on their site to search by state) and I know amazon.com and a few other online vendors carry them (with the package deal I opted for and their free shipping over $100 it was cheaper then buying on amazon so I bought direct from the company)
November 26th, 2009, 07:56 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
It's recommended to not use a bumper, they can cause suffocation issues. The bags come with a lot of things you shouldn't use (Like the big thick quilt type blankets) because it looks cute.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
November 27th, 2009, 01:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'll just be using the normal sheets I've already got though the new ones sound interesting . And as for bumpers, won't use them for the reason mentioned above. I had looked at the mesh ones and they are the only type I would have considered but I'm choosing not to use one at all.

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
November 28th, 2009, 01:50 PM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
I didn't use bumpers until DS could roll over and move VERY well on his own. While the risk is still there, his poor little feet and arms would get stuck between the bars and then cry out! It definitely is a personal decision, but it was one evil or another for me.
Caroline - November '12

November 28th, 2009, 02:02 PM
homeschooling mom of 2
I've heard of babies getting broken arms/legs when they got them stuck and parents didn't come (CIO fans etc... so I'd recommend always at least checking on a baby) regardless this is the breathable bumper I purchased: Amazon.com: BreathableBaby Breathable Safer Bumper, Fits All Cribs – White: Baby Took some work to get it on how I wanted it (with no gaps) but I'm really happy with how it looks and how it fits our crib.
November 28th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I may have to try those sheets! I know with dd's crib I would have to remove the bumper to change the sheets out easier. That was a pain.

November 28th, 2009, 03:34 PM
~Claudia~'s Avatar mommy to Nico & Seba
Those sheets are too cool! I wonder if the baby will mess with the zipper once he gets older...

I do have a bumper on DS's crib. I installed an angel care monitor that goes off if the baby stops breathing, I LOVE IT! , it gave me peace of mind and I highly recommend it

Amazon.com: BébéSounds Angelcare Movement Sensor w. Sound Monitor w. Two Parents' Units: Baby

Amazon.com: Graco Angelcare Deluxe Movement Sensor With Sound Monitor: Baby

Last edited by ~Claudia~; November 28th, 2009 at 06:00 PM.
November 28th, 2009, 04:46 PM
homeschooling mom of 2
Glad to know you really like the monitor, I have it on my list of things I plan to get but didn't know anyone who had used one personally. I've read quite a few reviews on the sheets and people specifically mentioned their babies/children didn't mess with the zipper so hopefully that's true, if anyone else decides to try them remember to get a mattress pad that isn't fitted as it would undo the point to the sheets if you had to pull them off to get off your pad.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search