So who's been asked "the question?"

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2009, 02:27 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
"When are you due?"

I haven't been asked yet by total strangers--just people who find out that I'm pregnant (or already know) after I tell them.

So have any strangers or people who didn't know you were pregnant ask you this great question yet? Or are you still getting looks of, "Is she pregnant or just a little chubby?"

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
November 27th, 2009, 05:52 AM
homeschooling mom of 2
I've only been asked by people who know, though when the fact that I'm pregnant comes up with people who don't (hairdresser etc) I'm still getting the "you're pregnant? I couldn't tell!" which you'd think would make me feel good or something, but its VERY obvious I'm pregnant, at least to me... especially in the past couple weeks my belly has definitely popped... so now I'm wondering if they are trying to just be polite in some weird way or if maybe I do just look really fat LOL
November 27th, 2009, 05:56 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Once when I was leaving my 15 wk appointment I think it was? I wasn't even outside my OB's office, I was outside the building and there are a number of other Dr's offices there. She really just asked if I was having a baby, but she still asked. Good thing she was right or else I would have wondered about my appearance that day!
November 27th, 2009, 06:41 AM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i get it a lot at work. Because of the close i wear at work it's hard to tell I'm pregnant. S it it comes up they get excited and ask when I'm do or "your pregnant". But i think about 4 times a day i hear that. Really i should just wear a sign that says" Yes I'm pregnant I"m due April 8 and I feel great".

November 27th, 2009, 08:46 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I was asked if I was pregnant the other day when we were out. Threw me for a loop but I'll take it!
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
November 27th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So far I've only been asked by people that know me and know I'm pregnant. Yesterday dh's uncle made a comment that made me think I'm too big. He thought I was due really soon

November 27th, 2009, 09:46 AM
lilflower
Not me. When I tell someone they just act so shocked like, "OMG. No you aren't! You're way too small to be 5 months!" I just want people to notice, lol.
November 27th, 2009, 10:18 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
No I haven't been asked and I get the "You're pregnant? Wow, you don't look pregnant." That response used to be okay when I was still in the first trimester. Now when people find out I'm almost 19 weeks they look at me like I'm crazy. My mom keeps insisting I must have an eating disorder because I haven't gained much yet.
November 27th, 2009, 10:20 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
I can't WAIT until a stranger asks me! To me and my family, we think I look obviously pregnant---but that's probably because we know what I looked like before, and we know that the bump now is a baby bump. But other people obviously can't tell yet, and that just frustrates me! I feel silly if I ask for help with something, because when I say "I'm pregnant," I'm afraid they won't believe me or something. *sigh*

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
November 27th, 2009, 12:13 PM
TeamNick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been asked twice by strangers in the last week. So I really must be showing.

Mommy to Evie and Isla Marie

November 27th, 2009, 12:51 PM
CuteName's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Two weekends ago I was asked by the seater girl at a restaraunt. It was windy out and my shirt was plastered onto my belly so I must have looked pretty pregnant
November 27th, 2009, 05:14 PM
morebluethanpink
Yes. I think it's been a long time since anyone had to wonder if I was pregnant since I popped early with this one. The only thing they're shocked about is that i'm NOT having twins, or that they think I'm due sooner.
November 28th, 2009, 11:46 AM
lauriebeth's Avatar mommy to Riley Grace
I've been asked a few times. The first time, the lady took a HUGE risk because I barely looked pregnant to DH and myself. I think I must have been rubbing the belly or saying something to someone else for her to be so risky.

Thank you Meganpixel for my adorable siggy!

For crocheted hats and hair accessories visit *Daisy Cottage Designs* on Etsy!
November 28th, 2009, 12:56 PM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
It's pretty obvious that I'm pregnant now, but no strangers have asked. In fact, very few of those who know I'm pregnant ask when I'm due...they just ask how far apart my babies are. Essentially I guess it's the same, but feels more judgemental.
Caroline - November '12

November 28th, 2009, 05:11 PM
homeschooling mom of 2
I'm actually surprised how many of you have been asked, I don't think I was ever asked with my first unless it was at the OB ... maybe i throw off a unfriendly vibe LOL I dont think I'd personally ever ask someone myself in fear that they were either not pregnant or had already had their baby, plus I just don't think it's my business unless we're maybe sitting and chatting about being pregnant or our kids etc.
November 28th, 2009, 06:18 PM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
only by people i know so far

November 28th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Kodithegirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I've had a ton of people ask me, but normally, I'm 5'2 and 11o lbs...so it's really obvious.

I had a lady ask me a few days ago if I was and when I said yes, she was like, so how far along arre you? 7 or 8 months?

funny.

We just re-worked everything! Completely new fabric options, Slings, 6 new bedding options, Custom vinyl wall decals, and much much more!! $5 off for any justmommies.com forum members!!

November 29th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Veteran
I get asked all the time by people I don't know, because I'm showing and it's very obvious. They're always shocked when I say April because they think I'm due now, I guess. I really don't think I'm THAT big, but I guess to some people it looks like I'm 9 months pregnant...

Expecting #2
EDD 4/16/2010

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search