So who's put up their Christmas trees!!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2009, 09:54 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
I did! Just yesterday! It was a long process, shaping all the branches (fake tree), and then decorating it. I ended up having to take the bus down to the store to buy more decorations (DH takes car to work), and then I had to WALK BACK HOME with my terrible legs because I wasn't carrying cash for a cab, and I'd missed the bus. It only took about 20-some minutes to walk back home, but that included several very big hills that about killed me walking up. But I'm very happy with the results, and I only spent a total of about $47 to make this!

The tree lights look a little blurry on the camera, but that can't be helped. This is our first Christmas tree in our new home, and I can't wait to start our new family tradition! We're going to buy each other one new Christmas tree ornament every Christmas, and so next year, our new baby will be included in the tradition!! I was thinking about buying an ornament for the baby this year, but thought it might be a little pointless if the baby can't see it. What do you think?

And show pics of your tree if you've put yours up yet!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
November 28th, 2009, 10:20 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
we went to the tree farm yesterday and chopped ours down! A beautiful White Pine. We'll decorate it tomorrow.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
November 28th, 2009, 11:21 AM
CuteName's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This will be our first married christmas together too. We're setting the tree up tonight. I"m going to make hot apple cider and snickerdoodles for the kids...well mostly for me. Hubbie is more concerned with going to Lowe's (he's off right now) to build some plywood platform for his trains to run around the tree.

I think he's an idiot. Men are so simple minded...
November 28th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our tree is buried in the back of the storage building. The front of the storage building has a lot of BIG hard to move furniture in it so I can't to mine until FIL comes over and helps dh get it out.

Yours looks great though!

November 28th, 2009, 12:56 PM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
we put ours up last night, we sold our camera though so no pictures we buying a new one in the sale this week sometime

November 28th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Should have bought that camera on Black Friday, Sarah! The sales were pretty crazy here, and the traffic was INSANE (at least for a small city-town like ours).

DH and I have decided that it would be a good idea to buy our unborn baby his/her first Christmas tree ornament, because when they're older and we're all decorating the tree together, it'll have a cute story behind it. Maybe I can find a cradle ornament or something else infant-related (maybe something that says "It's a Boy" or "It's a Girl!" after we find out the sex on the 9th).

I kind of wish the tree were bigger, but a 6.5-foot one was the biggest that we could fit in our living room.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
November 28th, 2009, 02:12 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
You did a good job on the tree! We just drove up to the tree farm to cut ours down today. It's in the family room, but DH was so worn out from the early morning drive and getting the tree into the house (8.5 feet!) that he's napping. We'll start decorations probably tonight.
November 28th, 2009, 02:25 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
We'll get ours next weekend or the weekend after I think. If we haven't gotten a real one by then I'll just get the fake one out again eventhough I really don't want to. I think your tree is awesome!! When we were pregnant with Kaija someone bought us an ornament about expecting a new baby in 2008, it was cute!

This one is cute: ShopChristmasOnline.com | Pregnant Couple Ornament [9OC040B] - $10.95 - Christmas Ornaments, Christmas Collectibles, Christmas Decorations, Old World Christmas Ornaments (It comes in different hair/skin too)
November 28th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It looks great! Very pretty!

We'll be getting our tree next weekend and putting it up then too. I haven't decided whether we will buy a real or fake yet though. Real is cheaper now but fake is cheaper in the long run.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

November 28th, 2009, 02:27 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Here's a bunch more expecting a baby christmas ornaments - Google Product Search
November 28th, 2009, 02:29 PM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep! Just set ours up this morning!

November 28th, 2009, 02:32 PM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
LOL there is no black friday in the UK so no sales here! the next big sale is on boxing day (which is 26th sept )

November 28th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Awww, I didn't even think about that, Sarah!

And I didn't get a real tree because it seems like more of a hassle than anything. All the sap, and stickyness, and pine needles falling off---I'm too lazy for that.

And thanks so much for the links, Mylene!!!!!!!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
November 29th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ours has been up for about a week but sadly it still isn't decorated!

November 29th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Kodithegirl's Avatar Super Mommy
Your tree is so pretty!! Christmas is my absolute favorite time of the year, so we have been working on Christmas decor for weeks and weeks now. We made stockings for everyone, all new ornaments, and we are trying to have everything be home made. I love it, but it stinks because I haven't been able to do hardly anything. I could sit down and cut stuff out, but I didn't get to decorate the tree itself.

This is our mantle...you can't really see it very well, but there are TONS of pickling jars filled with different kinds of Christmas candies!

Our beautiful stockings we made! My sister cut out the vinyl letters with my Cricut.

...Also, I just wanted to add that I thought about getting an ornament for this baby, too, but then my mom was like, why not just wait until after Christmas is over when they are all on sale. Makes sense to me...75% off baby's first Christmas ornaments, here I come!

We just re-worked everything! Completely new fabric options, Slings, 6 new bedding options, Custom vinyl wall decals, and much much more!! $5 off for any justmommies.com forum members!!

November 30th, 2009, 03:01 AM
Veteran
We put ours up on friday, the girls love it!!!!!! but they keep moving the decorations and Larah keeps eating them pmsl
We decided to go white this year as we never have a white christmas lol

Not sure if you can see it properly seems a little blurry to me and it looks really really tiny but it is 6ft lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodithegirl View Post
Your tree is so pretty!! Christmas is my absolute favorite time of the year, so we have been working on Christmas decor for weeks and weeks now. We made stockings for everyone, all new ornaments, and we are trying to have everything be home made. I love it, but it stinks because I haven't been able to do hardly anything. I could sit down and cut stuff out, but I didn't get to decorate the tree itself.

This is our mantle...you can't really see it very well, but there are TONS of pickling jars filled with different kinds of Christmas candies!

Our beautiful stockings we made! My sister cut out the vinyl letters with my Cricut.

...Also, I just wanted to add that I thought about getting an ornament for this baby, too, but then my mom was like, why not just wait until after Christmas is over when they are all on sale. Makes sense to me...75% off baby's first Christmas ornaments, here I come!

your decorations are fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL MY LIL GIRLIES TOGETHER...MUMMY LOVES YOU ALL BABIES
ALL MY FAMILY..LOVE YOU ALL
November 30th, 2009, 04:37 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is our first married Christmas and I wanted to do the whole big decoration thing but...we got furniture for each other for Christmas on black friday. A new couch and love seat and entertainment center (and the entertainment center has a built in electric fireplace - which I can't wait to use). It won't be delivered for 2 weeks, so we are waiting because I don't want delivery guys to knock over my tree when setting up the furniture. I also have to move all the furniture around when we put up the tree and I want to get the new couch and everything situated where it should go. So we have to wait... But I am thrilled with the new purchases!

November 30th, 2009, 06:44 AM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We put ours up last night. It is always fun but a little stressful becuase I run out of patience with the kids grabbing at ornaments and not being careful. Also, last year I started a tradition of having a "girls tree". It's a much smaller tree, in addition to the big family one. We put the girls tree in our dinning room and its a place that the girls and I will hang our girly-girl decorations and can have all pink and silver ornaments- thins the boys groan about having on the big tree. I hope it will be a fun tradition for us. Right now my girls are only 3, 2 and 1 so it was mostly me doing it last night and they were only mildly interested. Then we put them to bed and the older boys and us did the big family tree. We had fun. I would post pics but I haven't taken them yet plus I don't know how to upload to photobucket yet. That's my next task.

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
November 30th, 2009, 08:56 AM
*Ashley*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Camille and I put ours up Friday. DH was gone shooting and Addy was sleeping. We have a fake tree for now since DH refuses to get a real one and I KNOW that I will forget to put water in it. I will take pictures tonight. My MIL has all of the matchy matchy ornaments and decorations which are very pretty but I LOVE ours because it has many different colors and ornaments. Some ornaments I got when I was little (still have my baby's first Christmas ornament), some I collected as I got older, some we bought when we got married and then MIL has bought an ornament for each girl since they were born. I also collect the little Christmas bears with the year embroidered on the feet. Yesterday I wrapped all of the presents and put them under the tree. Now all that is left is for Christmas to get here.

Thank you Katarina for my fabulous siggy!

November 30th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We did! All of our decorating is done.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search