More on--I didnt know I was pregnant--lol

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 30th, 2009, 06:56 AM
onelove1109's Avatar Super Mommy
So I know there have been a few discussions about that show and how it seems there is NO WAY POSSIBLE a woman wouldnt know she was pregnant. Well I talked to my dad who is a former OBGYN about it and he said it actually happens alot more than you would think!! He said women would go to the emergency room with extreme pain..and the er would send them home saying it was gall bladder all the time! I think he said he delivered an average of 25 a year to mothers that were full term,some of them petite girls that had no idea! Apparently he also got a few patients who were not pregnant that would come in everyday thinking they were in labor..he would do a ultrasound for them (EVERYDAY! my dad was an awesome dr ) and tell them there was no baby to be found and they would just say "its ok doc i know hes in there, probably just hiding". So anytime any of you are hesitant to cal the dr over a pain/problem you are having but dont want them to think you are being ridiculous..just call...they have always had worse

He has some CRAZY stories. I mean really outrageous

Thanks so much Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy!

Last edited by onelove1109; November 30th, 2009 at 07:01 AM.
November 30th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
that's insane lol

November 30th, 2009, 07:43 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
that is crazy but at the same time really sad that someone would want a baby so bad they think they are in labour and their baby is hiding bless them

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

November 30th, 2009, 08:14 AM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
lol I love hearing about your Dad and his experience as an OBGYN. It must be neat to be so close to someone who has so much experience and knowledge. You sound really proud of him! I would be too. I'm a tad jealous of you, no one around me knows much about pregnancy! hahahaha My mom thinks PMS is a hoax, and just all in people's minds...I don't even want to ask about what she thinks of pregnancy symptoms. LOL

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

November 30th, 2009, 08:25 AM
onelove1109's Avatar Super Mommy
Aww thanks Laura! I must admit it is really nice having someone to go to with any questions I have. My dad and I are very close..he has come in very handy this pregnancy Most of the time he just tells me im being over paranoid though lol.

Thanks so much Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy!

November 30th, 2009, 08:33 AM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH and I were just talking about this. I guess a co-workers sister just had a baby and had no idea that she was pregnant. But i guess when she went in and had teh baby they told her it happens often. For me it's crazy to think about but it does happen.

November 30th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
LOL @ him telling your that you're being over paranoid.

I do believe in some of those stories. Its just still really hard for me to believe that someone can have their baby in a hard/ceramic toilet and the baby turns out 100% healthy.
November 30th, 2009, 11:13 AM
shanna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! I watch that show sometimes and it's hard to believe people don't know they are pregnant. I know I was watching one episode where a mother of 3 was pregnant and didn't even know it. Craziness.
November 30th, 2009, 11:46 AM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My sister is a labor and delivery nurse. She has hilarious stories all the time. It's a hoot! I'm so jealous of her job!!!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
November 30th, 2009, 11:57 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
When I go back to school, I'm seriously considering becoming a labor and delivery nurse, like your sister. That just sounds like a lot of joy and fun and self-fulfillment, plus I love babies. LOL!

I'm still trying to figure out how a full-term, originally-petite woman could have a baby and not known she was pregnant. But I guess it could happen if you were carrying small. My older sister didn't start showing until she was 6+ months, and she is very small built. So maybe they just thought it was weight gain? A very round, smooth weight gain?? lol..

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
November 30th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's hilarious!

November 30th, 2009, 12:28 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
That would be so fun to hear some of his crazy stories! I guess it is possible to not know you're pregnant.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search