Question for those with anterior placenta...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2009, 07:37 AM
lauriebeth's Avatar mommy to Riley Grace
Do any of you feel your baby a lot one day, and then not so much for a couple? I do, and it's driving me crazy!! Last week, I felt Riley kicking, and David could even feel it from the outside for two or three days. Then, she must have changed positions because I didn't feel her much at all for a day or two. Then, Saturday and Sunday, she was as active as I've ever felt her. Then yesterday, she only kicked a little.

Do you think this is due to the position of my placenta?

Thanks for any input, ladies! You all are great for putting the mind at ease.

Thank you Meganpixel for my adorable siggy!

For crocheted hats and hair accessories visit *Daisy Cottage Designs* on Etsy!
December 1st, 2009, 07:45 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I have days like that. There have been a couple of days where I haven't felt anything and when I go to bed Baby goes nuts! We should start feeling more movement over the next few weeks. Not only will baby be bigger and stronger, your uterus will be bigger and your placenta will move with that growth.
December 1st, 2009, 07:56 AM
Super Mommy
I think this is normal, and not necessarily just from the placement of your placenta. I remember this from my last pregnancy and I've read it here a lot.

I do have an anterior placenta and while I feel a lot of movement they are different than with my son. The movements are deeper and more like a fish flopping deep within than the taps and kicks I had more often last pregnancy. I do get the taps and kicks this time, but only very very low and sometimes a day or two will go by without them.
December 1st, 2009, 08:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think thats normal, anterior or not. I know that somedays I feel her kick like crazy and some days I dont feel her too much. There are some days where she kicks out (towards my belly) and other days where she kicks inwards like my bladder and everything else thats inside of me.

Once the baby gets bigger and have less room you will feel movement everyday inside and out regardless of placenta position.
December 1st, 2009, 08:29 AM
CuteName's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it's around 28 weeks, sometimes earlier that doctors may ask you to start keeping a chart of when the baby kicks. I don't think it regulates enough for it to be considered consistent until then. So I wouldn't worry at all.

I try at least once a day to lay in bed with my knees up (because otherwise it's hard to breathe right now) and just sit for about 15-30 minutes, watch tv and leave my hand on my belly. I almost always get some kicks.
December 1st, 2009, 08:36 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
from 28 weeks they say baby should have a pattern from movement and move atleast 10 times a day so dont worry about it to much right now plus with an anterior placenta the movements are very limited (i had one with rhianna) i was at the hospital a few times as i had not felt baby move for a day or two! they gave me a kick chart to do

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

December 1st, 2009, 08:41 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have anterior placenta and haven't felt much at all. Just some flutters - not real kicks. The doc said it was because my placenta is cushioning. None of the movement I feel has a pattern or anything - but I do notice it more when I am calmly sitting - never at work when I am running around.

December 1st, 2009, 09:14 AM
lilflower
I have an anterior placenta and had a few weeks of "subtle" movement, now I have distinguishable kicks. I usually feel them everyday, but unless I'm sitting or laying I don't feel much at all.
December 1st, 2009, 02:50 PM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
I have one too...I felt my first "thud" last Wednesday. I'm calling it a "thud" b/c I don't know if it's really a "flutter" or a "kick"...it is fast and feels like a pop...I mean, everyone says flutters feel like popcorn popping and my feelings do feel like that...so I'm thinking I'm feeling flutters, and not kicks...I have no idea.

But I feel her some days, some days I don't...I'm right there w/ya

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search