BTDT moms what kind of carseat/travel system do you have?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2009, 09:53 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With ds I had a separate carseat and stroller. With DD I got a Graco Travel System and I LOVED IT. I used it all the time but I need a new one for the new baby.

I've looked around and the cheapest ones are Cosco. The patterns aren't as cute as the Evenflo or Graco though. The Evenflo says it's easier to carry b/c of the Z shaped handle.

So I'm just trying to decide which brand to go with. What brand did you have and what did you love or hate about it?

December 1st, 2009, 10:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We had the Chicco Cortina travel system in the Discovery print for Lily.

I liked it a lot. It was easy to fold, set up, etc. The stroller was a little heavy but I think that is true for pretty much any of the travel system strollers. For this baby my SIL is getting us a Sit 'n Stand Deluxe so Lily can ride in back and the new baby's carrier can be popped in front.

December 1st, 2009, 10:20 AM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We went with this Toysrus

It's a little pricey but it also has the best ratings and it's so easy to fold and put in your car(we have a compact car) with one hand.

December 1st, 2009, 10:28 AM
esli232's Avatar Veteran
I'm not going to be any help. They recalled the one we had used with Bonham, so we'll have to get a new one also. I'm thinking I'd like more of a jogging stroller type. I like to go for walks/jogs and we live on a dirt road, so the small plastic wheels just don't hold up.

December 1st, 2009, 11:59 AM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have a Graco Travel System....it is turquiose and brown plaid....so it worked for Kinley and will also work for a boy...if this baby is a boy!

We still use the stroller with Kinley. She loves it-and I like that it has a big space underneath for my purse and stuff...it also has 2 cup holders up top and one for Kinley's cup as well. It folds easily-one handed and unfolds easily too. It does take up the back of my car but that really isn't much of an issue with us.

Depending on how Kinley is with this baby...we may have to get one of the strollers where the big kid stands in the back and baby can ride up front. She loves her stroller so much, I'm afraid she won't want baby to use it lol

December 1st, 2009, 02:09 PM
TeamNick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have the Evenflo system. It worked fine and was cheap.

Mommy to Evie and Isla Marie

December 1st, 2009, 05:55 PM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will forever sing the praises of our travel system! We have a Peg Perego, the stroller is the Aria OH, and the car seat is called Primo Viaggio.

Check out this site, they have some of the more high - end gear at discounted prices. We also found the stroller on Ebay for a decent price, Ebay is a great place to look for gear (new).

The stroller is so incredibly light, but really sturdy and you really can fold it up and unfold it with one hand, which has come in handy a lot. The car seat is the sturdiest thing I've ever seen, I did not want anything that seemed even slightly flimsy.

I hope you find one you love!

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

December 1st, 2009, 06:07 PM
Kodithegirl's Avatar Super Mommy
We are just using the graco system we used with our son. We loved it so much, and we never use it anymore. I'm hoping I'll be able to make a new cover for it before she gets here.

We just re-worked everything! Completely new fabric options, Slings, 6 new bedding options, Custom vinyl wall decals, and much much more!! $5 off for any justmommies.com forum members!!

December 1st, 2009, 06:17 PM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
I also have the Graco travel system. I like it just fine, but I wish I would have found a carseat that carried babies past 29 inches. DS hit that at 6 months and it would have been better to have one that went to 31 or whatever the limit is. I thought I wouldn't want it once he "got big" but he was unable to sit for another 1.5 months after outgrowing his infant carseat, and by then I was pregnant so I had to cart him to lots of doctor's appointments and bring along the bumbo. It would have been easier if his carseat was just bigger.
Caroline - November '12

December 1st, 2009, 06:42 PM
Katie81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We had a girly Graco travel system with DD, but my Dad bought us a new one in a more boyish print for this baby. Honestly though, we pretty much switch will switch the baby to our MacClaren Quest umbrella stroller after about 4 months. I find the giant travel system stroller to be too bulky for everyday use.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search