My Appointment Yesterday

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2009, 09:54 AM
*Ashley*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So I normally don't post about my appointments but I was excited after I got done with this one. It was just a routine appointment. The baby was hiding so it took a while to find the heartbeat. It was strong at 150 when they did find it.

Now the exciting part. If you remember, I was going to wait to have the gender u/s in January because I have to pay for everything 100% until I meet my deductible and since it resets Jan 1, I didn't want to pay for it in Dec and then basically have that $ go down the drain. Well, I forgot that I went to the ER in May for a stupid blood clot in my leg (it wasn't thank god, it was my sciatic nerve) and I have already met the deductible so an u/s would only cost me 20%. The doctor I saw yesterday (long story short, my doc moved in with a new practice so they make you see all three docs in case of an ER) asked if I had one scheduled yet. I said I know my doctor doesn't usually like to do them until almost 22 weeks but I was hoping to get one scheduled before the first of the year. She said that they always recommend them between 18-20 weeks and that we could schedule one next week. So, now I have an u/s scheduled for next Tuesday the 8th. I am excited. Our oldest DD is coming too.

Thank you Katarina for my fabulous siggy!

December 1st, 2009, 10:02 AM
homeschooling mom of 2
Yippie! So glad you get your U/S sooner. Does your doctor do the u/s at the office? Just asking because you might want to call otherwise where ever it will be, all the places on the list my doctor gave me where I could have mine are not allowing children in due to h1n1 fears... major hassle for me right now as she's homeschooled and DH can't get off work for the three more they want me to have.
December 1st, 2009, 10:14 AM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YAY!! I'm so glad that you get your u/s soon.

December 1st, 2009, 10:20 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay! Are you finding out the gender?

December 1st, 2009, 11:16 AM
CuteName's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! They wouldn't let me take my 10 yr old daughter to mine, so you're really lucky!
December 1st, 2009, 12:33 PM
*Ashley*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom at Home View Post
Yippie! So glad you get your U/S sooner. Does your doctor do the u/s at the office? Just asking because you might want to call otherwise where ever it will be, all the places on the list my doctor gave me where I could have mine are not allowing children in due to h1n1 fears... major hassle for me right now as she's homeschooled and DH can't get off work for the three more they want me to have.
When my doctor joined practices with the other doctors they hired an u/s tech to be in their office all of the time so it will be at the office. They do have big signs on the door saying that nobody under 12 is allowed so I asked if Camille could come. She said that the sign is mainly for women who come there and then go straight to the hospital as the hospital is not allowing anybody under 12 in. She said it would be fine. Camille is sooooooooooo excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda C View Post
Yay! Are you finding out the gender?
I didn't want to because we found out with the first two and I wanted to experience a surprise. DH absolutely refused to wait and wants to know. I gave in. I learned early with him to chose my battles.

Thank you Katarina for my fabulous siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search