please be honest

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2009, 02:00 PM
frankie's Avatar Proud Mommy
Tell me the complete truth.. does this look stupid for a boy?

Carrot Collection Canopy Crib and Bedding : PoshTots

I want to do the armoire the versatile dress the chest obviously the crib the step stool the toy bench..does the hamper and waste basket look to girly? or does the whole thing look girly??

PLEASE be honest..

trying for~~~Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer~~~~ Marcia Wieder
December 1st, 2009, 02:04 PM
lauriebeth's Avatar mommy to Riley Grace
I love the paintings and think they're very "neutral," but there are other aspects of the set that look a little more girly to me. I think it's the canopy on the bed that really makes me think "girl." That said, no, I don't think it would be stupid for you to get it for a boy if you really love it.

Thank you Meganpixel for my adorable siggy!

For crocheted hats and hair accessories visit *Daisy Cottage Designs* on Etsy!
December 1st, 2009, 02:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think it's a cute set, I agree there are certain features that are more feminine than others but I think you could use it for either or.

December 1st, 2009, 02:13 PM
*Ashley*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The hamper, I think, is too girly. Everything else could go either way. I think the ruffles are what makes it girly for me. If I absolutely loved it, I would use it for a boy. BUT, is the furniture something you would replace as he gets older and then save it for a future baby or would some of it (obviously not the crib unless it is convertible to a toddler bed) grow with the baby? I can't see it working for a boy after about age 2.

Thank you Katarina for my fabulous siggy!

December 1st, 2009, 02:15 PM
homeschooling mom of 2
First and most important is that you love it, as long as you do no one else's opinion really matters in the end. I think its adorable, but I do see it as more girlie mainly because of the canopy and the curvy pink trim pieces. I think it would work fine for a little baby boy but I think there's a pretty good chance he's going to want new furniture when he's around 2-3 and starts getting into "boy" stuff so that's something to keep in mind as well.
December 1st, 2009, 02:15 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyalsomommy View Post
I think it's a cute set, I agree there are certain features that are more feminine than others but I think you could use it for either or.
I agree! It is very cute and unique!

December 1st, 2009, 02:19 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I think it's absolutely beautiful but there are some features that are more girly to me. That said, I agree with some of the other ladies and am not sure on the longevity of the set. I know you won't use it forever, but we're going on 2 years with the same set for DD. So that's something to consider.
December 1st, 2009, 02:20 PM
lilflower
I absolutely love it. I think it's just perfect for a boy. The waste basket and hamper are a bit girly, but the rest of it is just perfect! I like it all
December 1st, 2009, 03:20 PM
I am going to lose my mind with this furniture crap!!! I love it but it looks feminine and I dont want feminine i dont want sports either I feel like our sons going to be stuck with sports the rest of his life why torture him as a baby LOL also I was thinking i would use it for 2 years and then be done.. DO kids really keep the furniture as they get older? I am so new at this I probably sound pathetic

trying for~~~Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer~~~~ Marcia Wieder
December 1st, 2009, 03:24 PM
*Ashley*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My daughters kept their dressers and such and we still use them. They are all a natural wood tone. I think if you already plan on getting him different furniture when he gets older, then go ahead and get it and use it for when he is a baby.

ETA: I should mention that I would have totally re-done my girls' rooms and furniture after they got out of the crib but we are in position to do that with all of the medical issues that surrounded us in the last year and half. If you can afford this set and then a different one when he gets older and you love this set then I would go for it.

Thank you Katarina for my fabulous siggy!

Last edited by *Ashley*; December 1st, 2009 at 03:26 PM.
December 1st, 2009, 03:30 PM
AlexasMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AlexasMomma
I love this set I would say no to the hamper and the canopy and then it would look more boyish as far as the dresser I would just say think about it i love it but will you want to buy a new one in a couple years cause his room changes

Thanks ashypoo03 for my gorgeous siggy!!

December 1st, 2009, 03:35 PM
babymine's Avatar Veteran
It looks very Beatrix Potter and Peter Rabbit. Maybe replace the wastebasket with a solid colored wastebasket if you feel it is too girly.
December 1st, 2009, 03:42 PM
Peter rabbit is what i was thinking but I don't know Maybe if i am questioning it i need to find something else.. I really dont know what to do i feel like im running out of time

December 1st, 2009, 05:29 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I think it's beautiful for a boy or a girl! I think if the room that showcases the furniture were painted in a khaki or blue, we wouldn't think it was too feminine at all. As long as you don't go overboard with ruffles, it will definitely work for a boy. After all, Peter Rabbit is a male rabbit...
December 1st, 2009, 05:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's very sweet. At first glance it did jump out at me as being more girlie because of the soft colours, but either way it is very cute!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
December 1st, 2009, 06:48 PM
Katie81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It looks a little feminine to me, but it is your room and your choice. I might only question how much use you would get out of it past the baby/toddler stage. We did the baby's dream/crib 4 life set with DD and have actually converted it all the way into a full size bed and dresser set. It is well made furniture that will last her for the forseable future.

If you like Beatrix Potter, Pottery Barn Kids has this set in the stores now and it seems pretty gender neutral to me

December 1st, 2009, 07:03 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think its fine for a baby of either gender. Like some of the other ladies already mentioned, I'm not too sure about it past the age of 2-3 though. So, I think for a baby boy its adorable. For a toddler boy- well....it may not work as well. If you are planning to have more children though then you could still get use out of it for the next baby(ies). It would work wonderfully for a baby boy or girl. And if you had a girl next, it might last a couple years past what it would for a baby boy.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
December 1st, 2009, 08:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I personally dont really like it. I think its more girlie than boyish
December 1st, 2009, 08:32 PM
OK to many woman said girly LOL means i shouldn't do it hes all boy..and i obviously was questioning if it looked like a girls set.. so now i will hunt again anyone else know of nice places to look? im going to look at pottery barn kids as suggested above.. posh tots all there stuff looks girly so if we ever have a girl i will def go there

December 2nd, 2009, 05:12 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know where to look. With DD I had an easy time finding bedding with this baby I don't see anything that just wows me you know?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search