NBR Grandparent christmas ideas?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2009, 06:30 PM
babymine's Avatar Veteran
Some of us may not have our own grandparents living but for those that do, what are you getting them for Christmas?

DH's grandparents live out of state but we are seeing them for Christmas and I have not a clue what to do for them about Christmas. Any ideas?
December 1st, 2009, 07:34 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I have no idea either. I'm trying to think of things DD can make to give everyone. I think I'm going to have her paint aprons for all the girls - my sister, mom and grandmas. Then I think all the boys are going to get coffee mugs - my dad, brother and grandpa. I was thinking I'd take a pic of her making each one and frame it in addition to the gift.
December 1st, 2009, 08:30 PM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am making my Grandparents a calendar. You can get a great deal doing it through shutterfly. They turn out amazing and you can add family photos to each month. It is completely personalized. I put in all the families special dates like birthdays, anniversaries etc. in the calender too.

December 1st, 2009, 08:31 PM
KasieH's Avatar Super Mommy
A couple of years ago I found a website that made gift baskets full of candy from past decades. I got my gp's a basket from the 40's. They loved going through all the different candies, many of which are no longer made, and reminising about their childhood.
Some other good places to shop are Figi's and The Popcorn Factory.

December 1st, 2009, 09:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Both my grandmothers are still alive and my step-grandfather. We're sending my dad's mom an angel ornament since she collects them. My mom's mom has Alzheimer's and is in a nursing home and doesn't understand what a gift is anymore. We'll just be sending her a Christmas card and we will take her to lunch when we go visit around Xmas time. My step-grandpa is getting a photo book of Lily since he wanted something he can take and show off to his friends of her.

December 2nd, 2009, 07:29 AM
J-V221's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last year for Christmas we got my grandfather (not child related just a gift thought for you) several different sizes of the OXO Good Grips pop top food storage and filled then with his favorite snack foods..i.e. trail mix, nuts, licorice (in the tall skinny container for noodles). He has bad eye sight and the pop tops are very large and easy to see, along with he can also tell what he has in those containers.

We buy him items that he can use, he no longer appreciates nick-nacks or things that he cannot use, since he is now 90!
December 2nd, 2009, 09:30 AM
*Ashley*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
3 of my grandparents died when I was little (when I was 4,5 and 6 I think). I have one grandfather remaining and my step grandmother but they have been married for 20 years. My grandfather will be 90 in two weeks and my grandmother is like 85. They are not typical grandparents either. Think really sweet great great uncle and aunt rather than a grandparent. I love them to death but I am sure if we ever gave them anything he would say "what the h3!! did you give me this crap for?" We never get them anything. Usually just some candy or something. They are old farmers/ranchers and have everything they would ever want or need. Very simple. They don't eat very much or very well so we give them candy because they love it and it helps keep their weight on.

Thank you Katarina for my fabulous siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search