Does it hurt when uterus stretches up and organs begin to shift?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2009, 09:52 AM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
Well ladies...that annoying pain I had last Monday came back last night...the pain is centralized around my belly button and next to my belly button on the sides...last week I thought it was a muscle spasm from painting and steam-cleaning and my OB said to take it easy.

Last night in the shower the pain came back...I felt my stomach and pelvic area and it didn't feel "tight" all over...just really hurt in this spot...I had to bend forward again to help w/the pain. I had hot water on my stomach to soothe the aches and that helped a little. I crawled into bed and stayed on my left side adn I'm fine today.

I'm wondering if this pain is because my uterus is moving upward and stretching?

In the March DDC, another women posted something similiar to my post and all the responses were "round ligament pain".

When I was at my 20 w appt., my ob said that my uterus was now at my belly button and I will now be growing upward (she stopped right under by bb) and outward.

It's exciting if it's stretching b/c that means Alyssa is growing

December 2nd, 2009, 10:10 AM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It can be a tender but I wouldn't say it's really painful. Towards the end if you have a strong baby it can get a little painful though. I've heard of bruising and cracked ribs!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

December 2nd, 2009, 11:53 AM
lilflower
It can be from growing, but honestly it almost sounds like a braxton hick contraction. It's more sensitive during those where the baby is exactly. ??? hmm...
December 2nd, 2009, 01:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How often does the pain last when it occurred the last 2 times?
December 2nd, 2009, 01:57 PM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
It lasts about 20 minutes...last night I was sitting eating dinner and started to get really achy in my lower back....but I just got adjusted from my chiro appt., so I thought it was that...then it was really uncomfortable, so I decided to take a hot shower and do some stretches in the shower (bending forward, touching my feet, etc.) while the hot water hit my back and abdomen.

I was able to fall asleep while rubbing/massaging the spot it hurt and I didn't need to take tylenol or anything, so it wasn't major pain, but it's definitly uncomfortable...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search