Thursday Three

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2009, 07:38 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
1. If you celebrate Christmas, are you done decorating? Have you even started?

2. If you get a tree, do you get a real one or do you have a fake one?

3. If you do not celebrate Christmas, do you celebrate something else instead? If so, what is it?
December 3rd, 2009, 07:46 AM
renee4152's Avatar Proud Mommy of 2!
1. If you celebrate Christmas, are you done decorating? Have you even started? i pretty much am done decorating. i even put a santa hat on the huge sailfish we have hanging on our wall.

2. If you get a tree, do you get a real one or do you have a fake one? i have a fake one, but it looks real. we got it two years ago at jcpenney on sale for $220 when it was normally $450. we got it b/c it's 9 ft tall, and we have a really high ceiling in our living room.

3. If you do not celebrate Christmas, do you celebrate something else instead? If so, what is it?
December 3rd, 2009, 07:46 AM
~Claudia~'s Avatar mommy to Nico & Seba
1. If you celebrate Christmas, are you done decorating? Have you even started? We do celebrate but we are not decorating this year as we are traveling to South America for a couple weeks to visit family.

2. If you get a tree, do you get a real one or do you have a fake one? Fake one

3. If you do not celebrate Christmas, do you celebrate something else instead? If so, what is it? n/a
December 3rd, 2009, 08:02 AM
homeschooling mom of 2
1. If you celebrate Christmas, are you done decorating? Have you even started? Pretty much, tree is up and decorated, I have some decorations around the house and a little tree in DD's room, going to put some big balls on our weeping cherry tree today and pick up a new house flag and pole (mine snapped in a recent storm)

2. If you get a tree, do you get a real one or do you have a fake one?A real one, I love the smell and it's fun to see the different shapes we end up with every year and it's become a tradition for my DD and I to go pick one out together

3. If you do not celebrate Christmas, do you celebrate something else instead? If so, what is it?DD and I celebrate Christmas, DH is Jewish so we also celebrate Hanukkah... our menorah is up too. DD gets WAY to many gifts between both!
December 3rd, 2009, 08:06 AM
Shelli1981's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Shelli1981
1. If you celebrate Christmas, are you done decorating?No Have you even started? lol No

2. If you get a tree, do you get a real one or do you have a fake one? I have a fake one but this year i'm getting a real one

3. If you do not celebrate Christmas, do you celebrate something else instead? I celebrate Christmas If so, what is it?

December 3rd, 2009, 08:09 AM
peaches84's Avatar Super Mommy
1. If you celebrate Christmas, are you done decorating? Have you even started? I decorated my tree yesterday and put up a few knick knacks, I am calling it done.

we got a new fake one this year that I have wanted for 3 years and it's gorgeous

3. If you do not celebrate Christmas, do you celebrate something else instead? If so, what is it? christmas christmas christmas I love christmas

6/15/13
December 3rd, 2009, 08:26 AM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3

We celebrate, but no decorations up yet. We are trying to get our house painted and laminate down first....almost done!

We have a fake one!

N/A

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

December 3rd, 2009, 08:33 AM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
1. If you celebrate Christmas, are you done decorating? Have you even started? I need to finish decorating our 2nd tree--maybe tonight...

2. If you get a tree, do you get a real one or do you have a fake one? Real for this year..our new kitten Lucy, may make us have to get a fake for next year...depending on how she "feels" about the ones we have now.

December 3rd, 2009, 08:34 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
]1. If you celebrate Christmas, are you done decorating? Have you even started? We still have a bit more to do but the tree is up and some tinsel too

2. If you get a tree, do you get a real one or do you have a fake one? fake

3. If you do not celebrate Christmas, do you celebrate something else instead? If so, what is it

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

December 3rd, 2009, 08:46 AM
*Ashley*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. If you celebrate Christmas, are you done decorating? Have you even started? Yes we do and I am all done. I decorated the day after Thanksgiving.

2. If you get a tree, do you get a real one or do you have a fake one? I love, love, love real ones but we have a fake one. We have a really small space to have one in right now so when we went to buy one a couple of years ago, it was the same price to buy the fake on as it was the real one. DH refuses to actually get a permit and go cut one ourselves and I am afraid I will forget to water a real one.

3. If you do not celebrate Christmas, do you celebrate something else instead? If so, what is it? N/A

Thank you Katarina for my fabulous siggy!

December 3rd, 2009, 08:54 AM
Kodithegirl's Avatar Super Mommy
1. If you celebrate Christmas, are you done decorating? Have you even started? I'm pretty much finished decorating. We opted to make almost everything ourselves this year (stockings, ornaments, ect.) so we have been working on it all for a while.

2. If you get a tree, do you get a real one or do you have a fake one? As much as I would love a real one, DH and I are both allergic, and if I had to guess, I'd say our son is, too. They are sooo pretty, but so not worth being sick all season!

We just re-worked everything! Completely new fabric options, Slings, 6 new bedding options, Custom vinyl wall decals, and much much more!! $5 off for any justmommies.com forum members!!

December 3rd, 2009, 09:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
1. If you celebrate Christmas, are you done decorating? Have you even started? I never spend Christmas in my own home, so I never decorate. But now that Kalani is on the way, that'll have to change.

2. If you get a tree, do you get a real one or do you have a fake one? Fake trees, cheap and reusable

December 3rd, 2009, 09:03 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
1. If you celebrate Christmas, are you done decorating? Have you even started? I've started, but I'm far from finished. I've got the tree up and decorated and the outside decorations up. I still have quite a bit of work ahead of me. I need to be doing it today but clearly I am not.

2. If you get a tree, do you get a real one or do you have a fake one? Real one! We go every year after Thanksgiving to a tree farm in the mountains to pick out our tree and cut it down. The one we got this year is absolutely beautiful!
December 3rd, 2009, 09:15 AM
lilflower
1. If you celebrate Christmas, are you done decorating? No

2. If you get a tree, do you get a real one or do you have a fake one? Fake!

December 3rd, 2009, 09:43 AM
lauriebeth's Avatar mommy to Riley Grace
1. If you celebrate Christmas, are you done decorating? I'm probably the only one in the group, but we don't celebrate Christmas "commercially." We spend time with family but don't exchange gifts or decorate.

2. If you get a tree, do you get a real one or do you have a fake one? If we did have a tree, it would definitely have to be real for the fragrance!

3. If you do not celebrate Christmas, do you celebrate something else instead? If so, what is it? Growing up, my brother and I got presents on each other's birthdays since we didn't get Christmas presents. It was nice because, in a way, it taught us to be mindful of others and not think "it's all about me" on birthdays. I don't know what (if anything) we'll do to replace it in our home.

Thank you Meganpixel for my adorable siggy!

For crocheted hats and hair accessories visit *Daisy Cottage Designs* on Etsy!
December 3rd, 2009, 10:15 AM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yup, I decorated last weekend. This is definitly the earliest we've ever decorated for Christmas. I usually only decorate about 2 weeks before, but I felt like doing it this year so we'd have more time to enjoy it.

2. If you get a tree, do you get a real one or do you have a fake one?fake...especially with the dog and cat, it's much easier!

And Lauren, I don't think it's weird at all, I would LOVE to make Christmas less commercial. We will be doing almost the same this year. We are buying only 1 gift for my Mom and 1 gift for Marc's parents and 1 gift for Sadie, Marc's BF's little girl that he is the godfather to. Marc and I never exchange gifts (not for xmas, birthdays or anniversaries...nothing!) instead we plan an evening of quality time and sometimes choose something we would both like to have for the house and buy it as our gift together. This year, we will be planning an evening out with my sister and BIL instead of buying gifts and we decidd to have a christmas supper and party with our group of friends also, no gifts allowed! I think that way we stay closer to the real spirit of Christmas, not just caught up in all the gifts!

December 3rd, 2009, 10:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
1. If you celebrate Christmas, are you done decorating? Have you even started? We are getting our tree this weekend I think and I'll start decorating then

2. If you get a tree, do you get a real one or do you have a fake one? We usually get a real tree, although I've been looking at some fake ones, but DH insists on real

December 3rd, 2009, 10:28 AM
AK Mom's Avatar Super Mommy

We love Christmas but have not started decorating.

We will not have a tree. Our cat and dog will tear it up, but we will put up other decorations.

December 3rd, 2009, 10:31 AM
babymine's Avatar Veteran
I am done decorating. Usually I put out more but this year I'm taking it a little easy seeing how we will be gone the actual week of christmas. My tree is up and beautiful. Totally decorated. My table has a christmas centerpiece and placemats. I have My snowman cookie jar out and 2 christmas countdown calendars and stockings are hung. Thats about it.

We have a fake one and light a christmas pine tree candle to pretend we have the real thing. lol
December 3rd, 2009, 11:37 AM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. I will probably be done today.

2. We get a real tree.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search