Anyone else????

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2009, 04:41 PM
frankie's Avatar Proud Mommy
do any of you ladies have to go for 2 glucose/sugar test?<< whatever its called... I went for one during the first trimester.. Now I have to go for another.. That crap made me so sick just even the thought i want to throw up!!! WTH..

ANYONE else's dr making them.. does anyone know why they make u do it 2 times?

trying for~~~Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer~~~~ Marcia Wieder
December 3rd, 2009, 04:55 PM
homeschooling mom of 2
If you fail the one hour glucose test you have to take the 3 hour test to see if you have gestational diabetes as it can negatively affect you and your baby. I failed my one hour with my first pregnancy and passed the 3 hour. With this pregnancy they had me take the one hour in the first trimester also (as my DD was 9lbs 13oz) I again failed the one hour (though I found out I failed it by only 2 freaking points AFTER I took the three hour). I pass the three hour perfectly. I dreaded it, hated it.... no lying that drinking that stuff then being stuck sitting in an office for 3+ hours and having your blood drawn every hour sucks. Make sure you fast before your three hour, no mints, no gum, make sure you don't swallow toothpaste etc. Hopefully you pass, if not you'll likely be put on a special diet to control it.
December 3rd, 2009, 05:10 PM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think she means two regular tests.

I had a one hour at 18 weeks (was supposed to be 15 weeks but they forgot) and then one at 28 weeks. They made me do it that way with Max too.

Usually it's because you have a family history or because you are overweight. It's really annoying IMO, especially since I've never had a bad result out of it.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

December 3rd, 2009, 05:17 PM
See They are making me do 2 and i am not over weight well im big bellied thats for sure.. and i passed the first one she said to be extra careful!

trying for~~~Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer~~~~ Marcia Wieder
December 3rd, 2009, 05:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had the one hour at 11ish weeks, which i failed and had to do the three hour (which i passed)

And i have to do it again in January i believe. I think i had to do it because i have few family members with Diabeties though

December 3rd, 2009, 06:06 PM
renee4152's Avatar Proud Mommy of 2!
i haven't had to do one yet. i asked about it tuesday, and the doc told me that i don't have to take it until 28 weeks
December 3rd, 2009, 06:16 PM
MichelleN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am very overweight and haven't had one yet. My doctor does the 1 hour test around 28 weeks pregnant and then the 3 hour test if you fail the 1 hour.
December 3rd, 2009, 06:23 PM
CuteName's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I won't get one until 28 weeks. I tried to get out of it and my doctor scolded me. I've never had issues before, he smartly replied with "You've never had THIS pregnancy before" He amuses me too much to be frustrating.
December 3rd, 2009, 08:12 PM
it's just frustrating i pasted that should be good enough.. And the reason the new dr said i had to take it dawned me the rocket scientist read everything she wrote so of course hes gonna say that i'm so annoyed!!

December 4th, 2009, 09:40 AM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my first I failed the 1 hour and passed the 3 hour. My MW says its common to fail the 1 hour with not having GD. My MW doesnt' do the glucose test, instead she just checks my urine at each appointment.
December 4th, 2009, 09:55 AM
esli232's Avatar Veteran
I have to do two regular one hour tests. I had to with DS also. The reasoning with me is that I'm Native American and they're at higher risk for diabetes, so it's just standard protocol. I remember with my first son that it bothered me way more in the first tri than the one at 28 weeks. I've never had to do the 3 hour test though...

December 4th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Shelli1981's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Shelli1981
I had GD With My Oldest Son.. So Then i Had to test 2 times with my younger boys.. With my Middle son I failed both 1 hr tests so then i had to go in to do 2 3hr tests one in the 1st tri and the 2nd was at 28wks.. With my Last Pregnancy I convinced my OB to just let me go and get the 3hr test in the 1st tri and at 28 wks since i knew I was going to Fail and he let me do it that way.. with this Pregnancy I went in at my 12wk visit and i had just gotten a sprite and potato skins chips out of the vending machine and drank and ate some when I went back they told me I was getting the 1hr test and I passed it.. I was Shocked lol So Now I go back at 29 wks to get my next 1hr I'm Hoping I pass that one as well.. I hate sticking myself 4 times a day

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search