How far are you from the hospital?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2009, 06:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Where you'll be delivering? We used to be about 15 minutes away but since moving we're probably at a half hour now. All in all no big deal... very easy to get too even with traffic.

At first we were thinking about going to a hospital that's about an hour away... but after discovering that hospital had the same level NICU as the local one we realized that was pointless

What about you guys?

December 3rd, 2009, 07:08 PM
renee4152's Avatar Proud Mommy of 2!
i am about half an hour from our hospital. i could have picked one that's about 20 min away, but i liked the other one a lot better. plus, it's only 10 min or less from work if i have to go from there for any reason
December 3rd, 2009, 07:12 PM
AlexasMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AlexasMomma
about 10-15 min depending on traffic

Thanks ashypoo03 for my gorgeous siggy!!

December 3rd, 2009, 07:13 PM
MichelleN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm about 10 minutes away. When my water broke with my son it took 20 minutes to get there because of school zones. Still not far away.
December 3rd, 2009, 07:14 PM
CuteName's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good question! I'll find out an exact time when I drive over tomorrow for my offical ultrasound. I think it's like 45 minutes at least though. I have to go to the military hospital so there's really no other option.

I was on vacation when my water broke with my first baby and had to drive 1 1/2 hours and made it just fine.
December 3rd, 2009, 07:23 PM
onelove1109's Avatar Super Mommy
I am about half an hour away. Luckily there is a back way...if I had to take the main road it would take close to an hour because traffic is always horrible.

Thanks so much Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy!

December 3rd, 2009, 07:26 PM
jen*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
20-30 mins, depending on time of day.

Not worried though, while I hope things go faster this time around, I'm not expecting to be ready to deliver when we pull in!
December 3rd, 2009, 07:40 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
about 45 minutes away. Could be an hour away in heavy traffic. The price I pay for finding a hospital who has a midwife on staff and will "allow" a VBAC

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
December 3rd, 2009, 07:45 PM
Regular
i'm still deciding between two hospitals, but they're right next to each other. when i go there for my doctor appts, it only takes like 8 minutes, 10 maybe with traffic. i thought we were gonna be so late for the u/s, but it took us maybe 6 minutes then
does anyone know if there's any way to check if my doctor will deliver at a certain hospital without calling them? [the nurses don't seem to like me i guess]

December 3rd, 2009, 07:52 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
We are about 40 min. away

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
December 3rd, 2009, 08:48 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my last 2 I was an hour from the hospital. This time I switched to a closer OB and I'm only 30 minutes away.

There are no NICU's where I live at period. The closest one is 2 hours away and the best one is almost 5 hours away.

December 3rd, 2009, 09:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
A 1 minute drive or a 5-10 minute walk.
December 3rd, 2009, 09:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm having a home birth so I shouldn't have to go anywhere. If I changed my mind and wanted a hospital birth then I'm about 20-30 minutes from the nearest Kaiser. If I do a home birth and need an emergency transfer then I'm less than 5 minutes away from the nearest hospital.

December 3rd, 2009, 09:23 PM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There are two ways to get there so depending on the time of day about 10-20 min.

December 3rd, 2009, 10:02 PM
Super Mommy
Because I'm high risk with my blood disorder I need a hospital with a perinatologist and a NICU so I'll either be delivering at a hospital in my state thats 30 mins away or one thats about 40 mins away in the adjacent state.

Thank you so much Meganpixel for my beautiful sigie!

December 3rd, 2009, 10:53 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I'm about 5-10 min away depending on route and time of day. There is no NICU at my hospital (they don't even have a nursery, it's all room-in, I love it!). The nearest is 15 min away, but my insurance doesn't cover that hospital. The nearest my insurance covers is about an hour away.
December 4th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Kodithegirl's Avatar Super Mommy
An hour away. There really isn't a closer option for us, but even if there were, I wouldn't want to change. I love the practice my doctor is with, and they are the staff doctors at the women's center where I will deliver. No matter who is there, I will have a doctor I know before my actual doctor arrives. (If he isn't already on duty!)

We just re-worked everything! Completely new fabric options, Slings, 6 new bedding options, Custom vinyl wall decals, and much much more!! $5 off for any justmommies.com forum members!!

December 4th, 2009, 02:32 AM
Veteran
im hoping to deliver at home although i am only 20 minutes away from the hospital if i cant or if anything was to happen so pretty close

ALL MY LIL GIRLIES TOGETHER...MUMMY LOVES YOU ALL BABIES
ALL MY FAMILY..LOVE YOU ALL
December 4th, 2009, 04:45 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
Its about 20 minutes in the car, it was awful the drive there (dad drove) when in labour with lacey i hated being stuck in the car with awful contractions wanted to walk around lol

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (32)
together for 11 years married for 5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

December 4th, 2009, 05:39 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am 30-45 minutes. There are closer hospitals, but my doc doesn't deliver at those. Besides, I love the hospital I chose. My sister and friend delivered there and it was wonderful. It isn't a "baby factory" like some of the other hospitals in my area.

Samantha - I don't know any way to find out if your doc delivers at a hospital other than to ask them. Mine asked me to choose one of the 3 they deliver at during my very first pregnancy appointments. You could just call the office and ask. I am sure they get that question a lot when people are looking to choose an OB. Good luck.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search