BTDT mommies...getting nervous?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 4th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Kodithegirl's Avatar Super Mommy
My best friend is due in February, and her baby shower is on Sunday. We went to shop for her gift tonight, and as I was getting all the stuff for her that I wanted, I started to break out into a cold sweat. It's only been a couple of years, but I honestly forgot how much STUFF they need when they are first born. I forgot how many diapers they go through in a day and how baths are a screaming fit and how they only eat a few ounces at a time so they go through TONS of bottles in a given day...so much more laundry, no sleep for weeks, crying fits where they can't tell you what's wrong...I'm spazzing myself out again right now! Is anyone else nervous about going through it all again?! I think it's so much more nerve racking for me now because this time, I know exactly what to expect...

We just re-worked everything! Completely new fabric options, Slings, 6 new bedding options, Custom vinyl wall decals, and much much more!! $5 off for any justmommies.com forum members!!

December 5th, 2009, 04:50 AM
homeschooling mom of 2
I"m right there with you, especially since its been so long since I had a baby (6yr gap). I made a spreadsheet with the items I needed to buy and the ones I've bought and it seems never ending... I also can't imagine taking care of my self, home, pets, DD... and a newborn all on hardly any sleep and 6yrs older then the first time. I start each day with two thoughts "yeah only "x" more weeks until the baby comes!" and "OMG only "x" more weeks until the baby comes!!!"
December 5th, 2009, 04:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
For me it makes me feel better to have BTDT. Instead of thinking of the sleepless weeks, the crying baby, not knowing what's wrong etc, I tell myself there is a light at the end of tunnel!! (which with first ds, I didn't think there was!)...

But we have a dog now and a high maintenance one at that - he needs to run at the dog park daily and then chase a ball we kick in the afternoon... he's a lovely dog but as it gets closer to a newborn coming I think the timing was so bad for us to get a pet that needs a lot of attention!! So I'm stressed about that side of it!!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
December 5th, 2009, 05:03 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
I'm not BTDT, but reading this makes me more nervous!!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
December 5th, 2009, 05:07 AM
renee4152's Avatar Proud Mommy of 2!
i def feel nervous about going through all that again. my daughter will be turning 8 at the end of April, so it's been a long time. on top of that, i was able to be a SAHM with her, and i won't be able to do that with this one. it's overwhelming. but i also agree with the poster that said that at least this time she knows there will be a light at the end of the tunnel. i remember wondering that after a 4 hr crying spree the 3rd night my daughter was home from the hospital. i thought it would never end, but now i know that it does, eventually.
December 5th, 2009, 05:28 AM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My son is only 15 months old, but the one thing I am nervous about is the lack of sleep from having a newborn again, my son sleeps so incredibly well (4 hours during the day and about 13 at night) we are spoiled now and get all the sleep we want.

Chasing him around while running on two hours of sleep does not sound appealing!

But I'm sure we'll get through it

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

December 5th, 2009, 05:37 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
mine are still so young that its still too fresh in my mind im not nervous about it x

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

December 5th, 2009, 05:48 AM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm nervous about sleep and PPD. Max is 15 months. When he was born the sleep was very hard on me. I have fibromyalgia and not getting enough sleep makes that worse and one of the symptoms it causes is depression...which makes the fms worse and around and around we go. I had a hard time there for a while. I'd get up to feed Max all alone (after DH went back to work and had to get up early) and be unable to go back to bed. Sometimes I'd be up until 5 minutes before he'd get up again. I'd just get in bed and close my eyes before he'd start to cry. Sometimes I'd start bawling before I even move.

What scares me is that with him, I could sleep when he slept. But this time, I have a very active toddler to care for. He's down to one nap a day that only lasts 1-2 hours. Though, this past week it's been a fight to get him to sleep at all.

I'm also worried about losing time with my son. I worry about loving him more than my daughter. Or loving her more than him.

But...I'm excited too. With Christmas around the corner, I can't help but picture those two little faces lit up on Christmas morning for years to come. I think of them being older and having a family of four...finally we can play four player board games without someone coming over!!!

And lastly, I remember that at 15 months, my son is not a baby anymore. He's so independent. I always thought they'd stay babies longer, but it's not true. So just a year or less of a rough patch and things will get better.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

December 5th, 2009, 07:25 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Yes! The baby we lost in March was due on Thanksgiving day and all DH and I could think was "Wow, we so couldn't handle Kaija AND a newborn right now!" That in no way should be taken as us being happy in any way about losing a baby because it still kills us both, but at the same time Kaija is almost 2 and boy does she act like it. It just hit us that it will be a lot of work handling a 2 year old and a newborn. Hopefully Kaija calms down a bit by April...we'll see.

As far as stuff goes, we've got nearly everything. Anything we get we're waiting until after baby is here to get since we're having a surprise. I do want to pick up a few things, but it will be diapers and bottles and things like that. I want to pick up a girl outfit and boy outfit for baby to come home in too

Overall, I'm excited. I miss having a tiny baby. While I realize it will be MUCH different this time around, it will be nice to have a little squishy squeaker around for a little while again Like Amy said, they do grow up fast!
December 5th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Kodithegirl's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max n Meghan's Mom View Post
I'm also worried about losing time with my son. I worry about loving him more than my daughter. Or loving her more than him.
I worry about that, too. Everyone tells me I'm so silly to even think that and that as soon as she is here, the thought won't even cross my mind, but I have spent two and a half years with my son more than I have with my daughter. He and I have such a bond, and I adore him...the idea of loving another kid that much is really overwhelming.

We just re-worked everything! Completely new fabric options, Slings, 6 new bedding options, Custom vinyl wall decals, and much much more!! $5 off for any justmommies.com forum members!!

December 5th, 2009, 08:46 AM
KasieH's Avatar Super Mommy
I have had one super easy to deal with baby (dd who is 7 now) and one constantly puking, fussy, likes no one but me baby (ds who is 6). I figure I am pretty much prepared for whatever comes my way with this one. I think it just comes naturally that you will love the kids the same. When ds was born I just made sure I included dd in everything we did so she did not feel like she was just forgotten. When this baby is born, I plan to do the same thing. I plan to make a huge deal out of how great the older two are (because they are). I have been trying to make them as much a part of this pregnant as I can. They are helping pick out clothes and names and thing of that sort.
With me, when the time comes to deal with the crying baby or get up 400 times in the night, my body just kicks into overdrive and gets it done.
Maybe I am not smart enough to be nervous, but I just figure it will all come back to me and I can handle it. I HOPE!!!

December 5th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I was just thinking about this last week. BD has a 2 yr old daughter who was with us for the week and boy oh boy I couldnt imagine handling her and a newborn. She's almost 3 and spends the majority of her time playing in her room and watching cartoon movies but there there are times where she just wants to play play play with you and not by herself and some of those times I'll be ready to just rest!
December 5th, 2009, 09:06 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
not really. Thats why we have them close together...no time to get rescared.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
December 5th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm not really nervous. The only thing I worry about is giving the new baby as much time as I did with Lily. Obviously, it won't be the same because I'll have 2 children under 2 to care for, but I'm just hoping to not feel like I'm not giving one enough attention, etc.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search