A March Mom had her babies...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2009, 12:45 PM
AK Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I was checking out the March DDC and it looks like a March Mom had her twins. She posted yesterday that they were born via c-section and are both on breathing machines and doing well. She was 26 along. Really makes things real, huh?

December 5th, 2009, 12:47 PM
frankie's Avatar Proud Mommy
omg.. But it's wonderful to hear that they are doing well.. I never feel safe I am always scared and nervous something can go wrong.. but this gives me hope that if something does happen theres still a chance!!!

trying for~~~Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer~~~~ Marcia Wieder
December 5th, 2009, 01:32 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow that is really early! I'm so glad the babies are doing okay. Crazy to think some of us could end up having our babies that early. Hopefully we'll all keep baking until it's time though.

December 5th, 2009, 01:34 PM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's early. I'm so glad that there doing well right now. It does make things more real.

December 5th, 2009, 01:45 PM
emmabear's Avatar Super Mommy
wow, i am really glad to hear they are doing well. that could have been awful.

it's crazy to think that we are only a few weeks away from having viable babies, who can live on their own if need be. hope we all go right up til the end but YES it makes it so much more real to think it could happen.

wow, we are really moving along in our pregnancies!

Emily

www.themodernmommy.com
December 5th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A good reminder to exchange contact information with our due date buddies just in case.

My heart and prayers go out to the March mommy. I hope her babies continue to do well.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

December 5th, 2009, 02:09 PM
niema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to niema
Wow, Im glad that the babies are doing well and I pray they continue to do so.
December 5th, 2009, 02:24 PM
~Claudia~'s Avatar mommy to Nico & Seba
I am glad that the babies are doing well. I definitely makes everything more real!
December 5th, 2009, 02:37 PM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
so glad the babies are doing well! hope they continue to get stronger each day it does make things seem more real! we will be reaching 26 weeks before we know it

December 5th, 2009, 02:39 PM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my gosh.. Wow! I'm so glad they are all doing okay.

December 5th, 2009, 03:04 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Maybe she had them early because of having two? I read somewhere once that carrying twins usually causes preterm labor since the uterus only wants to grow so large...or something like that. I'm glad that they are doing well!!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
December 5th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Lori B.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Actually she had them early because she developed HELLP Syndrome. Scary stuff! The symptoms are pretty similar to pre-eclampsia but I think blood tests show that the liver is being damaged so the babies have to be born asap no matter how far along you are, it's the only way to resolve HELLP.

We're all in shock in the March DDC but so thankful the babies are doing well.

December 5th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow! I'm glad that the babies are doing well. I hope that they develop wonderfully with no complications.
December 5th, 2009, 08:22 PM
AlexasMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AlexasMomma
this is crazy im so glad the babies are doing well my friend just had her twins nov 25th they were 4 weeks early and she just posted sayin the baby girl died but the boy was doing good my mom said she heard that for some reason they have a better chance of makin it if they are a few months early rather then just a month not sure why that is but it is a scary thing and really does make you think but I will be prayin for the babies that they both make it

Thanks ashypoo03 for my gorgeous siggy!!

December 5th, 2009, 08:47 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I'm glad the babies are doing well! It is a scary thing to realize that any one of us could have our babies sooner rather than later at this point.

My bff developed HELLP syndrome as well. Luckily for her it was at 37 weeks, but it was still terrifying. We were pregnant at the same time and due only 5 days apart from each other. Please keep an eye on those BP's ladies! If you feel 'off' at all, call our Dr.!
December 6th, 2009, 12:55 AM
Veteran
Aww im so happy the babies are fine and the mum aswell. My friend had her twins at 26 week and i was there for her at every moment i could be. It was so hard watching what she had to go through, It can be very up and down (the downs are awfull) Heres some pictures of my friends twins so you have a lil idea of what they make be like:

Lilly was first out at 1.56am weighing just 1lb14oz 31st aug 2008
Karl appearing at 2.07am weighing just 1lb12oz 31st aug 2008

Lilly n Karl 2gether for 1st time since birth

Lilly n Karl with their Mummy

Lilly at just 1 hour old

Karl and his mummy now he is a year and 3 month old but very much like an 8 month old child

Karl at 1 hour old

Sadly her little girl Lilly Lost her battle at 5 week old. We was not prepared for her death at all as doctors had said Karl was the weakest, which we could clkearly tell he was.

MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE GOING OUT TO THIS LADY, HER TWINS AND THEIR FAMILY AND I AM REALLY HOPING THINGS GO SO WELL AND NO COMPLICATIONS OCCURE....XXXXXXXX

ALL MY LIL GIRLIES TOGETHER...MUMMY LOVES YOU ALL BABIES
ALL MY FAMILY..LOVE YOU ALL

Last edited by vanessa26; December 6th, 2009 at 01:01 AM. Reason: PHOTOS
December 6th, 2009, 02:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I really feel for them all - those babies will have such a long road ahead though I'm so glad it sounds like they're doing okay.

Vanessa26 - heartbreaking your friend lost one of her twins. My friend had twins but made it to 34 weeks and both were fine. I have heard that the smaller, weaker twin in the womb often ends up doing better on the outside because they are 'used to battling'...

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!

Last edited by mum74; December 6th, 2009 at 02:45 AM.
December 6th, 2009, 12:23 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I'm glad everyone is doing okay, and hope the twins continue to get stronger every day. How scary to think that our babies could be born so soon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search