Having trouble picking a crib.. help?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Super Mommy
So my mom is buying us our crib for the baby. She wants to get it soon, but we are both stumped on the color. Everyone I ask doesn't know. I figured some of you may have some ideas?

Here's the bedding I've bought:

We plan to paint the walls either a light blue or green. The same blue or green in the bedding.

Here's baby girls dresser:

And this is being made into a daybed:

This bedding is probably going on the daybed:

And a mural similar to this will be on the wall above the crib:

So we are stumped because we have light furniture already. And it's a weird colored of light. The dresser is almost pickled-cream with gold trim and the daybed is a swirled cream/gold. I can't find an affordable crib that matches. We both think white and natural will clash too much. Because of the tree and the chocolate in both bedding we were thinking maybe a dark wood like walnut or espresso. But that just seems scary with the light dresser and daybed. The crib pictured above in the baby bedding pic is on sale at Walmart for $125. It's just scary dark.

I'm just so stumped. Mom wants to get us the crib within the next week or so and I need to pick it out. Any ideas on how we can pull this off to make it all look good together? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Carmoma; December 5th, 2009 at 01:53 PM.
December 5th, 2009, 02:31 PM
AK Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I wonder if you can find an off-white distressed wood looking crib?

ETA: I think the Espresso would look good too.

Here is a crib that says it is Antique Yellow. I just looks like a not so bright white to me.
What about a pink crib? Do they even make those?
Amazon.com: Da Vinci Jayden 4-in-1 Convertible Baby Crib in Antique Yellow: Kitchen & Dining

Last edited by AK Mom; December 5th, 2009 at 02:52 PM.
December 5th, 2009, 02:36 PM
~Claudia~'s Avatar mommy to Nico & Seba
I really like the esspreso color crib for your bedding. Can you refinish the dresser?
December 5th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Claudia~ View Post
I really like the esspreso color crib for your bedding. Can you refinish the dresser?
That's doable but I'd rather not. In person it's a gorgeous dresser and I love the color for a little girl. It's almost crackled.

I haven't looked for a pink crib, but I guess if I needed to I could paint a crib.
December 5th, 2009, 03:47 PM
AK Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
Baby and Convertible Cribs - FREE SHIPPING From Simply Baby Furniture

These are some other options. They are out of my price range though.

December 5th, 2009, 05:30 PM
~Claudia~'s Avatar mommy to Nico & Seba
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Mom View Post
Baby and Convertible Cribs - FREE SHIPPING From Simply Baby Furniture

These are some other options. They are out of my price range though.
Those are gorgeous!!!
December 5th, 2009, 06:43 PM
homeschooling mom of 2
Since you like your dresser color refinishing seems silly, especially since it matches the daybed and both will be in your nursery far longer then the crib. What about painting, or even just sponging, on some cream or gold to a white or off white crib to match the dresser/daybed... I would imagine that would be your easiest option which would give you the best results since you're not sold on a dark crib. PS: love your bedding choice, I'm not doing a bedding set but I did buy the hamper that goes with that bedding as I love it!
December 6th, 2009, 12:50 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I think Candi's idea of doing a little painting to a white crib would be a good solution if you want to keep the price low. A few years ago when I looked at cribs, I found one that was an off-white in a not too ridiculous price (I think around $700) but I can't for the life of me remember the brand. I'll see if I still have my notes from crib shopping.
December 6th, 2009, 02:39 PM
homeschooling mom of 2
The brand Da Vinci makes cribs in what they call antique white and pearl white for under $300, here is one at Babies R Us, maybe something along this color would work and you could sponge some cream or gold on it too? Da Vinci Parker 4-in-1 Convertible Crib - Pearl White - Da Vinci - Babies "R" Us

Here's another brand that is more but looks pretty as well and like it would work with your existing pieces.
Amazon.com: Westwood Design Saffron Convertible Crib - Devon Cream: Baby

Last edited by Mom at Home; December 6th, 2009 at 02:51 PM. Reason: adding info
December 6th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think that either an off white or a tan crib would go well with it

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search